Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benjani

What are you eating now?

not had for a while but simple breakfast and divine.

Black pudding / grilled/fried

Mushrooms / sliced thinly ,fried

Grated strong cheese

Encona hot sauce

Crusty Roll ( not a cob that is a male swan)

Piece of piss.Try it.

Encona hot sauce is legit, I love their creole and extra hot too.

Oh yeah I forgot about the title of the thread, I nearly derailed it. It is not called Una asks "What is your fave meal?"

We could have a " Death Row" final meals thread,I saw this book for a £1 in a shop called "Texas Death Row" so I bought it( so did they)apart from them frying it also told you their last meals.A book not for the faint hearted or hungry.

We could have a " Death Row" final meals thread,I saw this book for a £1 in a shop called "Texas Death Row" so I bought it( so did they)apart from them frying it also told you their last meals.A book not for the faint hearted or hungry.

I'm very interested in people's fave meals and what people have for their last meal. It is very weird though as if you are on death row your judgement might be a bit off. Like you think you fancy fried chicken (no stereotype) when in fact salt fish and grits would've gone down better.

• Like 2

Oh and anything that reduces washing up is perfect, I eat straight from my little slow cooker (only 1.5litres, perfect for one person) all I need to wash is the crock pot and my spoon plus the Tupperware from any leftovers I might end up with.

Some of my best meals come from a slow cooker. Especially in the winter. I had veg, soup some kind of meat then if any is over I top it up the next day. Great with a couple rounds of bread and cheap too if adding a 25p tin of soup or potatoes. Ok for one person but not sure about a family though.

Had some fajitas earlier, not had them in time. Was pretty nice and spicy, what are others opinions on fajitas?

Also question as it is something I am very interested in, what is everyones favourite meal?

Fish fajitas are very good. We make them fairly regularly. It's a California thing apparently.

Fry the fish

Make guacamole

Make a salsa 

wrap in a warm tortilla

very easy an quite tasty. 

I do have to eat about 6 to be full.

Favourite meal.

Starter: Fois gras with a duck egg salad, or sweetbreads with a parsnip air and microgreens

Main: Pork belly with an apple sauce, cabbage and dauphinoise potatoes or a rare duck breast with a plum sauce

Desert: Chocolate fondant with honeycomb and vanilla bean ice cream

• Like 2

Favourite meal.

Starter: Fois gras with a duck egg salad, or sweetbreads with a parsnip air and microgreens

Main: Pork belly with an apple sauce, cabbage and dauphinoise potatoes or a rare duck breast with a plum sauce

Well that is a very good answer. Sounds delicious mate, especially the parsnip air.

I'm off for a curry tonight at the cinnamon tree which is my favourite Indian and will prob have something that is close to my favourite meal.

• Like 1

Favourite meal.

They surprisingly get cold at night these Deserts.

I make a mean caramel and pecan roulade by the way.

I love cooking,just the time factor.

Edited by cambridgefox
  • Like 1

I wish I could cook

Producing good quality food is really nothing more than following recipes. After doing that for a while and knowing what flavours and techniques there are you can start getting creative.

I'm confident anyone could make a very tasty plate of food tomorrow if they wanted to. Kitchen, internet/cookbook and a brain the only requirements.

EDIT: Having a mother who was very good at cooking was pretty helpful on reflection.

Edited by Harry - LCFC
  • Like 1

Producing good quality food is really nothing more than following recipes. After doing that for a while and knowing what flavours and techniques there are you can start getting creative.

I'm confident anyone could make a very tasty plate of food tomorrow if they wanted to. Kitchen, internet/cookbook and a brain the only requirements.

EDIT: Having a mother who was very good at cooking was pretty helpful on reflection.

I don't have the desire or the patience, I could quite easily learn to make a few meals but I'm too lazy