Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Seeing this kind of shit properly angers me 

I dont understand people. If you dont like your job then quit and fck off. If you are having a bad day then take the day off and seek some help (if needed). If you are just a cvnt, then at least have the decency to meet up with those people whose bags you are tossing like a baseball so they can attempt to smash your face in. Mr Tough guy, Cvnt.

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

People that blame everything on "Millennials".

Most generations are as bad as each other for that.

Think anyone who make sweeping statements on other generations on claims by created flaws in society , while thinking they're own generation are perfect, are ignorant.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Most generations are as bad as each other for that.

Think anyone who make sweeping statements on other generations on claims by created flaws in society , while thinking they're own generation are perfect, are ignorant.

It's an oddly paradoxical generation. Sitting on the borderline between Gen X and Millennials I identify far more strongly with the former than the latter. 

The millennial generation is somehow the most socially conscious and aware, the most Liberal yet somehow the most narcissistic and self obsessed at the same time. Odd. 

The vanity is an enormous turn off to me but the hope is that the generation will do a lot for egalitarian values long term. Hopefully more good than the damage (anti)social media does. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Given millenials are the first generation to grow up poorer than their parents for about 500 years I'd go easy on the criticism, particularly if you're someone who went uni for free and only had to save up for about 3 weeks to buy a house.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's an oddly paradoxical generation. Sitting on the borderline between Gen X and Millennials I identify far more strongly with the former than the latter. 

The millennial generation is somehow the most socially conscious and aware, the most Liberal yet somehow the most narcissistic and self obsessed at the same time. Odd. 

The vanity is an enormous turn off to me but the hope is that the generation will do a lot for egalitarian values long term. Hopefully more good than the damage (anti)social media does. 

I'm right on the edge of Millenial and Post-Millenial and in all honesty a lot of us aren't like that. 

But I agree, parts of the generation are self-obsessed, which has come from all the social media BS which is dropped at us. Counter that with huge amounts of mental health issues and funding cuts to the key services and you end up with all the issues we have!

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm right on the edge of Millenial and Post-Millenial and in all honesty a lot of us aren't like that. 

But I agree, parts of the generation are self-obsessed, which has come from all the social media BS which is dropped at us. Counter that with huge amounts of mental health issues and funding cuts to the key services and you end up with all the issues we have!

Obviously nobody is defined by their generation. I was born in 86, I'm technically an early millennial by most definitions. 

But Gens Y and Z are still undeniably becoming increasingly narcistic and self obsessed, collectively, than those that came before them. 

I suppose the funny thing about that is that it's ultimately a byproduct of what's being sold to them by Boomers and Gen Xers on the TV, the net etc. This culture of seeking cheap and easy fame in reality TV, Instagram, YouTube, it's ultimately all invented by the generations that came before and pedalled to you for shameless profit. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Given millenials are the first generation to grow up poorer than their parents for about 500 years I'd go easy on the criticism, particularly if you're someone who went uni for free and only had to save up for about 3 weeks to buy a house.

There are obviously problems with things like affordable housing but in terms of almost everything else millenials have it better than any generation, (the uni debt argument is bullshit as you don't even pay it back until thet earn a fair whack) they will be healthier, have access to the best medicine and science seen, they have an absolute World of information avaliable to them in seconds rather than having to walk a mile and lug Encyclopedia Brittanica home from the library, cheap travel, live longer etc etc

You can even watch Leicester City on a stream instead of listening to the wireless if you can't go.

The poorest in society now carry mobile phones, they aren't worse off than those who went through rationing.

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

There are obviously problems with things like affordable housing but in terms of almost everything else millenials have it better than any generation, (the uni debt argument is bullshit as you don't even pay it back until thet earn a fair whack) they will be healthier, have access to the best medicine and science seen, they have an absolute World of information avaliable to them in seconds rather than having to walk a mile and lug Encyclopedia Brittanica home from the library, cheap travel, live longer etc etc

You can even watch Leicester City on a stream instead of listening to the wireless if you can't go.

The poorest in society now carry mobile phones, they aren't worse off than those who went through rationing.

It’s completely mind boggling that anyone could think we are genuinely worse off than our elders. Self-entitled maybe.

Edited by Kopfkino
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

It’s completely mind boggling that anyone could think we are genuinely worse off than our elders. Self-entitled maybe.

Uh... what? 

The fact that technology is cheaper now and "we've all got mobile phones" is a product of technology becoming cheaper over time, not the fact everyone's better off now. 

It was easier and cheaper for Boomers to do basically everything relative to their kids today, most importantly getting an education and buying property which can't be sniffed at all given its the very foundation of most people's life and the economics they build everything else around. 

4 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

It's not made up though is it? The data demonstrates it. Sharp increase in housing and living costs and depression in wage growth. The current generation has less disposable income than their parents - it's not some paranoid fantasy. And it has an impact on people.

5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Self-entitled? Really? 

Worse off can take so many different forms. In lots of ways we are better off and are extremely lucky for that.

But in several ways we are worse off. 

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

Most people don't give a toss about Leicester city tbh, that's not an indicator of anything.

How is the uni debt argument bullshit? What's better, having no debt, or having a large amount of debt that you have to pay interest on and is tied to your income? The idea that's it ok cos you can just avoid paying it back by dodging work or not trying to make something of yourself is insane lol

The generations above millenials are also enjoying everything you're suggesting is only available to people under 25 btw.

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

We are better off in so many different ways, but to write off the difficulties we face is ignorant. 

But i will disagree on uni debt being bullshit. Yes, I won't pay off my debt unless I earn a decent wage, but the 3 years (and this year) i live off sh1t all due to the system put into place. 

You've listed the ways we're better off, but ignored how we're worse. 

Mental health has rocketed for our age group, to name one. 

You can't fully compare how "well off" each generation was due to how different circumstances are for both.