Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

9 hours ago, los dedos said:

What is it about Greggs and walking around and eating.People seem to always have to buy a greggs and walk and eat like they've not eat in days with pastry spilling all down them.

Yet if they buy a sandwich they wouldn't dream of doing that.

Most greggs have very little (if any) place to sit, in fairness.

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

I still don’t get this. I am said chip thief, I often pinch one if they are in reach. 

I dont undertand tgat its bad manners. I am not holding anyone up, they are mine, so I can’t get the bad manners thing. 

Who am i being rude to, the person serving me or the people in the queue?

Its only a quick action, not enough time to disrupt the bagging operation and doesn’t hold anyone up in the queue.

Just wondering what I am doing wrong and who I am potentially upsetting. 

Just to to clarify my point, they are the best in the bag, the sneaky ones before you get them home. I suggest more people do it, provided you calculate the timing of the operation correctly 

To be fair i think it's more of an over think on my part. Just  not something i ever did.  More of a social etiquette 'norm' i was taught. I wouldn't exactly look are you in disgust or say anything.  To be fair i probably wouldn't even notice it so its unlikely you would offend many except for a few.

I guess we all have things that make us go 'wtf' (right or wrong).

• Like 1

People who don’t drive the speed limit for no reason. I am in north Norfolk this week which has been great sure. Problem is all the Range Rover wankers who are cruising at 40 on every 60mph country road with nothing in front. Really putting me on tilt. Also the amount of people that stop me cos of my dog, get over it it’s a sausage dog called Nigel...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

People who don’t drive the speed limit for no reason. I am in north Norfolk this week which has been great sure. Problem is all the Range Rover wankers who are cruising at 40 on every 60mph country road with nothing in front. Really putting me on tilt. Also the amount of people that stop me cos of my dog, get over it it’s a sausage dog called Nigel...

Absolutely nowhere to overtake.

Have you seen the sign when you come out of Kelling towards Weybourne,just after the railway station “slow you down “

My mums been there this week and she probably stopped you.

5 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Absolutely nowhere to overtake.

Have you seen the sign when you come out of Kelling towards Weybourne,just after the railway station “slow you down “

My mums been there this week and she probably stopped you.

Haha yes I’ve seen that and numerous others over the week. Your mum has a Range Rover? 

Red-legged partridge all over the road on my way home the other day. It isn't wildlife that grinds my gears, that bit comes later. Evolution has left wild fowl without the knowledge that speeding motor vehicles might be dangerous and it doesn't seem to occur to them that it is not a good idea to wander aimlessly across the road. Minor B-class road with not much traffic. I stopped and opened the window, leaned out, clapped my hands and shouted. Evolution has left them with the knowledge that the two-legged predator is dangerous and they are gone in an instant flutter of wings.

Black hatchback with wheels twice as wide as the car came with a decade and a half ago and collapsed suspension pulls up behind. Driver flashes lights and blows the horn. Birds well gone, I wave the driver to pass. Get a load of mockney gobshite from driver with the worst case of acne I have seen in my life. If someone has a go at me it doesn't take much to revert to 'Lestah' and have a go back, in kind, with interest. Acne has naffin better to say than 'fakkin norven git'. Acne roars off and disappears in a cloud of blue smoke.

That wasn't the last I saw of Acne. I rolled up behind at every roundabout on the road west for another thirty miles until he disappeared towards Warminster. I think at the third time I did politely enquire whether he knew any other insults than git and what I got was 'fakkin twat' back. I  don't know if I am supposed to be disappointed that Acne only seems to have four words in his vocabulary.

Perhaps there should be a parallel thread to this, as nothing happened to grind my gears in the slightest. But there is something in Acne's life which gets his gears well ground at the slightest provocation.

I'm trying my best to avoid them but, K-pop twitter is just toxic and flat-out psychotic. People need to get on that and study those homosapians. 

I admit that it's partially my fault when going down in the replies but you're bound to find some of them because they pretty much argue with most groups on Twitter. Again, I emphasise that it's partially my fault. 

It's OK to appreciate beauty or having a preference. I'm not here to tell people what they should like and dislike but someone gotta draw a line somewhere. Everywhere you found some weirdo who replies to a totally unrelated subject with a picture of [enter the name of one of those celebrities here] and the kermit meme beside it. You know.... This meme

Screenshot_2018-09-09-01-27-40.thumb.png.64b279acbc634c43c61c364b0570e320.png

I mean, its totally your right to like whatever for the most part but, come on now. It's obsesive to have screanshots after screanshots of androgynous, 14 year old looking boys with every pose possible. Keep your creepiness to yourself.

Androgynous men always had people attracted to them. Prince made a killing out of it. So it's nothing new. People like what they like. 

Edited by the fox

Parents at kids football matches. Either having a go at the ref, the coaches or screaming at their kids.

Best one last season when a Dad went on the pitch and wouldn’t leave until the ref apologised to him for giving a penalty against his son.

From that second I thought, this ain’t the club for me, I am not mixing with people like that. We are off. 

2 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Parents at kids football matches. Either having a go at the ref, the coaches or screaming at their kids.

Best one last season when a Dad went on the pitch and wouldn’t leave until the ref apologised to him for giving a penalty against his son.

From that second I thought, this ain’t the club for me, I am not mixing with people like that. We are off. 

I'm hopeful the referee refused, called the game off due to the interference, reported it to the local FA and had the team thrown out? Because that's what should happen.

Zero tolerance for this kind of crap. I wish referees at that level would band together and just go on strike or quit. I know many love it and do it because they enjoy it, but no-one deserves that crap, not in kids football.

They should report and turf out teams with no warning for any incident like that. If it means kids football dies, so be it. Kids shouldn't be exposed to irate parents screaming at them, the referee or their friends, and referees shouldn't be exposed to that kind of abuse. The "parents" don't deserve the chance and should take the shame of having the team thrown out of the local league.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

People on social media using emojis which don't fit the tone of their post.  For instance posting a complaint and trying to underline their exasperation by appending what to everyone else is a contented, sleepy face.

Fair point this :jawdrop:

Someone in work who complains about something for 20 minutes, then when people validly counteract his point, his  final words are usually the Catherine Tate circa 2010 'am I bothered?' response.

You obviously are bothered if you complained about said topic for so long ffs.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The very high price of velcro these days :mad:

It's such a rip off.

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

People on social media using emojis which don't fit the tone of their post.  For instance posting a complaint and trying to underline their exasperation by appending what to everyone else is a contented, sleepy face.

Nonsense ...   it’s only it’s not £1.20 a metre at Photobooth ...    how bloody cheap do you want it !!!!

:beer: :colder: :kissing: