Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I was in the chip shop earlier and some woman in front of me had ordered their food. The girl serving her asked if she wanted salt & vinegar on them, she answered then leant over the counter and took a couple and started eating them. 

Probably shouldn’t have annoyed me but at the time it pissed me off a little.

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I was in the chip shop earlier and some woman in front of me had ordered their food. The girl serving her asked if she wanted salt & vinegar on them, she answered then leant over the counter and took a couple and started eating them. 

How can that annoy you? I would be concerned if that sort of thing bothered me

Politicians. They make key decisions for us all, so should be a respected and ethical bunch.

But far from it, they lie, they exaggerate and they act in a way you would never act yourself. 

Horrible bunch of people, and what annoys me also are those that follow them and act in a similar way. 

Corbyn, May, Johnson, Blair plus the vast majority of others, truly despicable people, yet people support them even though it’s clear how they act. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

4 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

How can that annoy you? I would be concerned if that sort of thing bothered me

Think it’s general manners.

You wouldn’t go into a department store,and when they put your goods in a bag,lean over the counter and grab them.You wait until you are handed them.

mind you people eating chips in the day ,walking down the street annoys me.So I’m not the best person to comment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Politicians. They make key decisions for us all, so should be a respected and ethical bunch.

But far from it, they lie, they exaggerate and they act in a way you would never act yourself. 

Horrible bunch of people, and what annoys me also are those that follow them and act in a similar way. 

Corbyn, May, Johnson, Blair plus the vast majority of others, truly despicable people, yet people support them even though it’s clear how they act. 

Guy Fawkes had the right idea

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Sorry but I often do that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Was she pregnant? Maybe had urge to eat? Maybe she fasted for blood test and needed something  quick?

Maybe it smelled that damn good she couldnt wait lol

I'd be more concerned about what old phil is doing to your potatos in the back room lol.

I do understand how from a manners perspective its a definite miss

3 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

What you surround yourself with, is what you become.

9 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Think it’s general manners.

You wouldn’t go into a department store,and when they put your goods in a bag,lean over the counter and grab them.You wait until you are handed them.

mind you people eating chips in the day ,walking down the street annoys me.So I’m not the best person to comment.

What is it about Greggs and walking around and eating.People seem to always have to buy a greggs and walk and eat like they've not eat in days with pastry spilling all down them.

Yet if they buy a sandwich they wouldn't dream of doing that.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I just thought it was quite an ignorant thing to do. I could understand a child doing it but a grown woman, just wait a 30 seconds until you’re out the shop.

I sometimes pinch a couple. I know I can be annoying, but didn’t realise this could annoy anyone. Next time I will check to see if anyone in the queue looks a bit peeved when I do it. The sneaky two in the chipper are the best ones

15 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Was she pregnant? Maybe had urge to eat? Maybe she fasted for blood test and needed something  quick?

Maybe it smelled that damn good she couldnt wait lol

I'd be more concerned about what old phil is doing to your potatos in the back room lol.

I do understand how from a manners perspective its a definite miss

I still don’t get this. I am said chip thief, I often pinch one if they are in reach. 

I dont undertand tgat its bad manners. I am not holding anyone up, they are mine, so I can’t get the bad manners thing. 

Who am i being rude to, the person serving me or the people in the queue?

Its only a quick action, not enough time to disrupt the bagging operation and doesn’t hold anyone up in the queue.

Just wondering what I am doing wrong and who I am potentially upsetting. 

Just to to clarify my point, they are the best in the bag, the sneaky ones before you get them home. I suggest more people do it, provided you calculate the timing of the operation correctly 

Edited by Rob1742
  • Like 2

Some people moaning that the England game at our ground hasn’t sold out A. despite not going to the game themselves (not entirely practical I know) and more importantly, B. the unsold 3000 tickets are £45 and £55 for a friendly.