Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 hours ago, Nalis said:

Yeah I know, ridiculous system that has somehow became the norm in the UK.

Its been the norm in canada and usa for decades. 

The issue is that here they pay restaurant staff less than minimum wage or something . This allows restaurants to make food look cheaper on the menu so we all show up to begin  with. If they paid their staff more then that £15 burger meal will now be £20. They assume people wont come in if its so high.. could  be a psychological thing but im sure there is more to it.  I understand they operate on tight margins but is what it is. I dont like tipping. Id rather you pay your staff proper and i pay what is listed on my bill.

Thing is every tom, dick and feckin harry wants a tip nowdays. You go for fast food they want one. You go to get an oil change they want one.

Should i ask HR for a 15% tip when they pay me too?

I love how the machines always default to 15%. Industry standard.

The TV show Bodyguard, more specifically, the media obsession with it, it's all over the newspapers, the internet, the radio - I've just listed to the report after the Arsenal/Everton game on five live and got 2 references to bloody Bodyguard from Mark Pougatch and then again in the news bulletin! I know it's a BBC show and they are entitled to plug it for all it's worth but for fooks sake I'm fed up of hearing about it. I watched about 10 minutes of it a few weeks ago and it looked bloody shite. What am I missing !?

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The TV show Bodyguard, more specifically, the media obsession with it, it's all over the newspapers, the internet, the radio - I've just listed to the report after the Arsenal/Everton game on five live and got 2 references to bloody Bodyguard from Mark Pougatch and then again in the news bulletin! I know it's a BBC show and they are entitled to plug it for all it's worth but for fooks sake I'm fed up of hearing about it. I watched about 10 minutes of it a few weeks ago and it looked bloody shite. What am I missing !?

I've really enjoyed the show, it's been excellent. Only seen it mentioned a few times on BBC breakfast, but they talk about popular tv shows all the time on there. I agree mentioning it during football is overkill.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nalis said:

12.5% service charges in a restaurant. 

Who the fvck decided to increase it from 10% as 12.5% is being the norm in a lot of places? Where is it going to stop, 20 or 30%??

10% is reasonable, which I pay if the service is decent, but it  should never be added to the bill automatically, which again is a sad common occurence.

Service charges can fvck right off, couldn't give a toss what the percentage is.

18 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

What's worse is the nobheads commenting "grass" as if they don't deserve to be called out for it. A lot of airlines charge ludicrous fees for baggage, so you're well within your rights to "grass" on those arseholes.

Anyone who shouts 'grass' is a bellend full stop, if someone is doing something wrong they should be called out for it unless you are in the mafia or something where it's probably not viable. 

17 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

Watching iconic goals from the last few years ruined by the absolutely dreadful commentator that the official site uses ?‍♂️

This is an underrated grind, anything with an "official in-house commentator" or something that has been retrospectively dubbed over is horrific. It's sanitised and lacks any sort of passion or authenticity.

That being said, if we ever employ anyone like Paul Rice (RIP) the guy who used to to Tranmere's club commentary, I'll listen to every minute.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

This is an underrated grind, anything with an "official in-house commentator" or something that has been retrospectively dubbed over is horrific. It's sanitised and lacks any sort of passion or authenticity.

That being said, if we ever employ anyone like Paul Rice (RIP) the guy who used to to Tranmere's club commentary, I'll listen to every minute.

What a legend, works a treat when localised. 

Listening to Steve McManaman on the Liverpool v PSG wasnt too far off this sadly.

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I think it was the Vardy’s 11th goals vs Man Utd that really got me.. such bad commentary. I watched the Man City documentary the other day and they used the in house version for the Agueroooo goal ? half of the reason that goal is so good is because of Tyler’s commentary, it’s iconic.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I did the in house commentary of Vardy's long ranger vs Liverpool and sadly I didn't come anywhere close to doing it justice. I've never really been a screamer on comms but should've let myself go more with that one.

The Russian one was the best, the commentator went absolutely beserk like he'd just won the Euromillions

On 19/09/2018 at 18:06, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Also if there's something funny doing the rounds and every fvcking comment is someone's mate tagged and "Lisa this is so gonna be us on Saturday night lolololol"

"Actual footage of me"

This really irritates me for some reason. "Literally us". fvck sake

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

The awful social media phrases (already mentioned a bit). Surely no-one talks like that in real life?

BT Sport and LCFC's official platforms saying "he's the real MVP" and "doing a madness". Grow up lads.

Corporate social media accounts trying to do banter is terrible in general. Is that the kind of thing people really want from official channels?

• Like 2

On 19/09/2018 at 18:06, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Or people who post those shitty stolen "jokes" in the comments of posts to try and get likes

"I like to dig in the garden and pretend I'm a carrot"

"Don't let this distract you from the real issue, my mate Steve bought a new engine etc"

That kind of shit. No ones cares

Also if there's something funny doing the rounds and every fvcking comment is someone's mate tagged and "Lisa this is so gonna be us on Saturday night lolololol"

"Actual footage of me"

URGGGH FVCK OFF YOU CVNTS, EAT SHIT

Hahahaha as if I've just seen these actual words on a comment lol

1011704332_Screenshot_20180925-22592301.thumb.png.53292ed20b02a215718aa5638149d3fd.png

11 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

The awful social media phrases (already mentioned a bit). Surely no-one talks like that in real life?

BT Sport and LCFC's official platforms saying "he's the real MVP" and "doing a madness". Grow up lads.

Our social media and general media output is terrible and cheap. Constantly misspelt subtitles and crudely Photoshopped heads on bodies on the matchday squad photos seems to be the current themes we're going for.

Also (and this really is something that's irrational on my part) it really winds me up when official club spokespeople / interviewers refer to the ground as 'King Power Stadium' and not 'the King Power Stadium' even though either are technically correct. The former just sounds weird in interviews, or like everyone is from Yorkshire / Lancashire.