Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Otis said:

She's look at me, look at me, look at me..... don't you look at me!

She wants to share what she prepared to share and not what the papers dig up on her, don't really see an issue. She's married to the queen's grandson and has just announced she's gonna pop out the 8th in line to the throne, I can see why she might want to tell everyone, and why that might be considered public interest. But I can also see why she doesn't want her personal relationship with her parents or whatever on the front page of a newspaper. Same as the vast majority of famous people, and in fact most people. We only want what we're prepared to put out in public to be public knowledge. You might be happy to pop up a post about your missus getting pregnant on here, but would you be happy if someone else started posting about a strained family relationship or a dodgy past you might have, especially if the forum wasn't faceless and we all knew your name?

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The obsession with Meghan Markle is plain ****ing weird to be honest. What celebrity (or woman) doesn’t tell everyone on social media that they’re pregnant?

Just because she doesn’t want paparazzis chasing her into a wall or papers publishing private letters to her estranged dad, it doesn’t mean she’s evil for taking the precious Harry away from

the Royal freak show. 

I’m not obsessed with her 

Far from it - I really don’t have much interest the royals at all and I entirely get why she took legal action against the Mail 

But there’s something about her just irks me.  Not even sure exactly why so I’ll google her to see if I can put my mind at rest 

Edit - for the svoidance of doubt i’d prefer a sesh with Kate any day 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

I really don't understand the hate for Meghan Markle either. She seems like a perfectly nice woman who just wants a normal life. Harry fell in love with someone outside the normal aristocratic circles and a lot of the media can't seem to accept it. All that's happened is two people have fallen in love and want to live their lives in peace on their own terms. Surely there's nothing to hate there!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Clichéd advertisements that think they are really clever, and also ads ruining music by playing it over and over again, both 70s 80s stuff and also classical music gets hit by this 🤣

There seems to be a new fad of playing 90's songs on current adverts. Boom Shak a Lak on some shampoo advert and Stand By Me by Oasis on something else.

22 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The obsession with Meghan Markle is plain ****ing weird to be honest. What celebrity (or woman) doesn’t tell everyone on social media that they’re pregnant?

Just because she doesn’t want paparazzis chasing her into a wall or papers publishing private letters to her estranged dad, it doesn’t mean she’s evil for taking the precious Harry away from

the Royal freak show. 

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

It's glorious how she winds people up and has done since she got with Harry.

Royal fans are a bunch of weirdos anyway, I mean they stand outside hospitals waiting for people they've never met to give birth.

It's quite disturbing how much the media and people obsess over her. 

I know it's not connected but you look at how Caroline Flack was hounded and then tragically took her own life as a result of press intrusion, then look at how Meghan is treated, its quite off-putting. 

Is it borne out of jealousy? A black woman being happy with her royal husband and they don't like it, so they have to bring her down at every opportunity? When you look at how she's treated compared to Kate, it's quite telling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

By going on Oprah aren’t they stirring the publicity pot ? 

I understand they might want to get across their side of the story but ultimately doesn’t this just feed the hounds ? 

They can't win, can they? 

They moved to Canada/USA and still get spoken about over here - she's pregnant with a child that is in line to the throne (10th or 11th?) so obviously it's going to be big news. 

It's hardly like she's out speaking to the press or media every day and then saying 'why won't the media stop talking about us?!'. 

Keep in mind that they still actually might want to promote the work they do - Meghan does a lot of charity work and promotion for diversity/female empowerment - why doesn't that get plastered over the media? Because it's a good thing and puts her in a good light and people don't lap that up because society here is far too negative, tribal and controversial. Can't just let someone be happy or successful. Gotta bring them down somehow... 

People, mainly men, about my age (39), that were into Britpop in the 90s and still have ridiculous Paul Weller hair and wear Fred Perry today even though they’re balding and getting fat. Like I was into it as much as anyone back in the day but calm down lads, still looking like Rick Witter is a bit lame. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

People, mainly men, about my age (39), that were into Britpop in the 90s and still have ridiculous Paul Weller hair and wear Fred Perry today even though they’re balding and getting fat. Like I was into it as much as anyone back in the day but calm down lads, still looking like Rick Witter is a bit lame. X 

'Wellends' is the technical term, I believe

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Otis said:

She's look at me, look at me, look at me..... don't you look at me!

She isn't though, she is look at me through the media outlets who I have sold the rights to and no one else.  It really is that simple.  She will sue anyone who publishes without paying.  She essentially wants to get paid.

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Blokes in their 40s/50s/60s do this too.

Dress up for mod nights by all means but as a lifestyle choice? Looks odd to me.

(Obviously each to their own etc)

• Like 1