Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

22 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Zoom / Team calls that involve forced fun are the worst, somehow worse than in person but luckily they seem to be on the wane. If you enjoy dressing up for Zoom or cocktail making / meals on Teams then good for you but just bear in mind its not for everyone (I guess the same goes both ways).

A friend had to attend a coffee morning by Zoom for an old friend's birthday. There were about 15 people on a call and the loudest 2 or 3 just overtook the conversation and she only got as far as a hello with the birthday girl as a result bar showing her face. You simply cant replicate the usual side chats you'd have at an in person get together as impromptu side rooms of Zoom to replicate it could be misintrepreted as rude.

I was in a zoom call for my sisters 40th last week and there was about 25 different people or couples. Like you say, you can't have any kind of discussion, people try and talk to individuals and it doesn't work, because you can talk to someone individually like you would in a large group all in the same room.

I don't mind the work zoom meetings. We don't do them too often and we don't piss about, and it is nice to see everyone. I feel emails and teams message can seem impersonal and something a bit blunt, so its nice to have a chat like you would in the office.

11 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

In a similar vein; Roman numerals. Why?

My wife and I were trying to guess the age of a old TV programme we were watching. All will be revealed at the end we thought, no, instead we have MCMLXXII

What's the bloody point? There isn't any Roman centurion soldiers watching, why not just put 1972?

AFAIK it was done simply to hide how old the reruns being shown were. 

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

O and 0, especially in postcodes.

even worse when they are in verification codes or passwords

Edit - also shouldnt that read p0stcodes

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

Football Twitter. 

‘Things you love to see’ 

‘Ratio’ 

Dubstep and house music for highlight reels on YouTube, grow up. 

What grinds my gears is the fact I know it grinds my gears, yet it keeps grinding my gears. 

• Like 3

On 07/03/2021 at 10:06, Aus Fox said:

When we conceded a goal and in the match thread someone writes LOL or a 😂 emoji. Really pisses me off

I would happily give a lifetimes worth of reps for this. Winds me up big time.

When I become supreme leader those that do this will be shot.

Those and cat owners.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

When instead of discussing why they have their opinion or explaining it, people simply defend themselves by saying "it's my opinion" and get defensive when challenged by it. Don't share your opinion on a public forum if you aren't prepared to be challenged on it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

When instead of discussing why they have their opinion or explaining it, people simply defend themselves by saying "it's my opinion" and get defensive when challenged by it. Don't share your opinion on a public forum if you aren't prepared to be challenged on it

In a free society everyone has the right to an opinion.

And that includes the opinion that someone else's opinion is a load of horse elbows.

Amazing how often people forget that second part.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Yep. I had this from my brother the other day, when I asked why he intended to refuse Covid vaccination.

His first reply, in a rather aggressive tone: "Do you think they should restrict my freedom, then?" 

No, mate, I just think it's normal to explain your opinions in a civilised way.

You might even change the other person's mind or at least help them understand you better.....or you might change your own mind....worst case scenario, you simply agree to differ. :dunno:

• Like 2