Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Very long story short:

Today I been trying to help an elderly chap with his bank account. We call them, he gives them permission to speak to me.

I explain that he wishes to open another account, quickly adding I know this is possible online but he has no internet access, PC/tablet, email address and his phone is something Noah discarded. Is there anyway he can call in the branch to do this, I ask.

The conversation went something like this:

Bank: Sorry sir, we are only open for appointments and then only if there is no alternative.

Me: That may include him then, because he has no internet nor smart phone so cannot do that online

Bank: OK. If you visit our website you can apply there.

Me: He has no internet.

Bank: If he emails the branch........

Me: Let me stop you there. As I mentioned; he has no email/internet....nothing. I'm not even sure if he has BBC2. (she was under 50, so that was lost on her) Can we please arrange an appointment so he can do it in branch.

Bank: It's all online sir. He can go to our website and .........

Me: He    has   no    internet.

To make matters worse, he has no drivers license nor passport for ID. He might as well not exist

I could go on..................

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Very long story short:

Today I been trying to help an elderly chap with his bank account. We call them, he gives them permission to speak to me.

I explain that he wishes to open another account, quickly adding I know this is possible online but he has no internet access, PC/tablet, email address and his phone is something Noah discarded. Is there anyway he can call in the branch to do this, I ask.

Bank: Sorry sir, we are only open for appointments and then only if there is no alternative.

Me: That may include him then, because he has no internet nor smart phone so cannot do that online

Me: Let me stop you there. As I mentioned; he has no email/internet....nothing. I'm not even sure if he has BBC2. (she was under 50, so that was lost on her) Can we please arrange an appointment so he can do it in branch.

To make matters worse, he has no drivers license nor passport for ID. He might as well not exist

computer-says-no.jpg

• Haha 1

Absolutely dreadful set of final rounds in the Chase this week. Ok, the lady on her own got five right yesterday- four of them managed eight together today. And the lady on her own got no questions correct in the cash builder and fluked through with 40 grand!

The Chasers' sauntered home with plenty to spare. Dull viewing for your early evening entertainment.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Absolutely dreadful set of final rounds in the Chase this week. Ok, the lady on her own got five right yesterday- four of them managed eight together today. And the lady on her own got no questions correct in the cash builder and fluked through with 40 grand!

The Chaser's sauntered home with plenty to spare. Dull viewing for your early evening entertainment.

I've always thought if I ever got to the final, I'd prefer to be on my own, that way if I didn't know the answer I could pass straight the way. It seems like sometimes they have to wait 10 seconds to see if anyone knows before they pass.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I've always thought if I ever got to the final, I'd prefer to be on my own, that way if I didn't know the answer I could pass straight the way. It seems like sometimes they have to wait 10 seconds to see if anyone knows before they pass.

Yep, I always think this. Plus, some of them are trigger happy on the buzzer and they're thick as shit.

I saw it once and they devised a hand signal system. Hand up if you didn't know it, if you knew you buzzed. Very clever.

39 minutes ago, Corky said:

The Chasers' sauntered home with plenty to spare. Dull viewing for your early evening entertainment.

35 minutes ago, Webbo said:

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Yep, I always think this. Plus, some of them are trigger happy on the buzzer and they're thick as shit.

I saw it once and they devised a hand signal system. Hand up if you didn't know it, if you knew you buzzed. Very clever.

Yeah today was dreadfully disappointing. They all seemed to have something about them, especially the 2nd guy who went on Mastermind. Didn't deserve anything only getting 12.

I absolutely love The Chase but my god it is so frustrating when someone answers when it wasn't them that buzzed in. Absolute waste of time. 

3 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Very long story short:

Christ, that's actually a bit frightening.

Been trying to persuade the olds in the family that they need to start banking and stuff online for years, as it will get harder and harder to do anything else, but the thought that we've got to the point already where there are staff that don't seem to realise there are people that don't have the option is....a concern

3 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Very long story short:

I remember when my Nanna died back in 2002, and my Grandpa needed to change anything that has joint names on it to just his own name. Off we went down to LloydsTSB as it was then, and explained the situation, and get taken to a little side room where we were joined by one of those people who work round the back who you never see otherwise.

Explained my Nanna had passed away and grandpa needed to move all accounts over to just his name, and she must have insisted 3 or 4 times that she my Nanna's signature and wouldn't except "she's dead" and a reasonable excuse. Its emotional time, and I could see my Grandpa getting upset and had to stop myself losing my shit with her. Eventually the penny dropped when I asked if it was possible to speak to her manager. I swear some of these people work on autopilot.

3 hours ago, Corky said:

You're watching the wrong show at that time, Pointless is light years ahead of The Chase in terms of quality.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

You're watching the wrong show at that time, Pointless is light years ahead of The Chase in terms of quality.

Pointless used to be so, so good until they essentially removed the actual pointless answers from the show entirely apart from the final round. It's now basically Hangman / fill in the blanks most of the time with the occasional picture round, but it's all set to the show's own parameters so a pot can't be built. I guess that's the result of the format tiring though. The Chase is so much better. Less chat, relentless questions, and Walsh is heaps more likeable than Armstrong. It's simpler but it won't run out of legs as quickly.

Edited by Langston
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Langston said:

Pointless used to be so, so good until they essentially removed the actual pointless answers from the show entirely apart from the final round. It's now basically Hangman / fill in the blanks most of the time with the occasional picture round, but it's all set to the show's own parameters so a pot can't be built. I guess that's the result of the format tiring though. The Chase is so much better. Less chat, relentless questions, and Walsh is heaps more likeable than Armstrong. It's simpler but it won't run out of legs as quickly.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you're wrong lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Langston said:

I guess its not just about pointless answers but low scoring answers too and the risk of going for a 'not 100% sure but likely to be low scoring if correct' answer to a 'correct but potentially high scoring answer'.

I've had to disagree on the Bradley Walsh point though Alexander Armstrong sometimes comes across as a little bit of a know it all.

In a nutshell, you and Stan are wrong wrong wrong and if you want to keep arguing about it, the gloves will be coming off!!:P

• Haha 1

Please stop referring to footballers/famous people/prime ministers by their effing first name You don't know them, you're not their mate. Stop being so confidently over-familiar and possessive. Someone who shall remain nameless has just referred to 'Bruno' in the main part of the forum - it's as bad as calling the Manchester clubs City & United, and even that is slightly more forgiveable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Please stop referring to footballers/famous people/prime ministers by their effing first name You don't know them, you're not their mate. Stop being so confidently over-familiar and possessive. Someone who shall remain nameless has just referred to 'Bruno' in the main part of the forum - it's as bad as calling the Manchester clubs City & United, and even that is slightly more forgiveable.

I think some people just use first names because they’re easier to spell and it’s quicker to type. 
With Kasper, Youri, etc it’s pretty obvious who they’re referring to. 
Not sure that makes people over familiar or possessive tbh

• Like 2