Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People were annoyed that they were getting paid by the state, they stopped that and now are earning their own income and are criticised for doing that. Why does it matter how much they are paid? or for that matter how much they give to charity. It's about as relevant as me asking anyone on their forum for details of their salary and how much off it they give to charity.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

People were annoyed that they were getting paid by the state, they stopped that and now are earning their own income and are criticised for doing that. Why does it matter how much they are paid? or for that matter how much they give to charity. It's about as relevant as me asking anyone on their forum for details of their salary and how much off it they give to charity.

Who’s criticising them for earning their own income? They’ve publicly stated they were looking into philanthropy and setting up a charitable foundation - hence the question.

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Who’s criticising them for earning their own income? They’ve publicly stated they were looking into philanthropy and setting up a charitable foundation - hence the question.

Not necessarily you Izzy, but some do seem to be not happy either way. I seem to remember Edward getting ridiculed for trying to have a career, bug equally people moan about Andrew not having a proper job.

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

It has a lot of relevance to @Izzys life 

He wants to know

Tbh mate, I don’t give a fvck either way.

If I’d known people would get thier knickers in a twist over such an innocent question I wouldn’t have bothered asking! lol

Just now, Izzy said:

Tbh mate, I don’t give a fvck either way.

If I’d known people would get thier knickers in a twist over such an innocent question I wouldn’t have bothered asking! lol

Same 

I just said she grinds my gears (only mildly) 

Didn’t know about all the stuff on the press this week at the time 

Stirred up a shit storm 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's a discussion on a discussion forum. I don't see the shit storm :dunno:

People seem to struggle with the concept. They post their opinion and then seem put out someone might post a different one back.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Silk scarf tied around your wrist.

Ahh the good old days.

Cuffed Levis and DM's

12 hours ago, Corky said:

Great point by Marina Hyde that proper no-marks like Paul Burrell still live off the royal name yet we have to hear his opinion every time Meghan leaves the house as though he's got some kind of gravitas?

I turned on breakfast TV here yesterday (yes i see my mistake) only to be confronted by somoneorother Arbiter... who i assume is the offspring of that other Arbiter that has clogged TV for 20 years talking crap about outdated royal scum..... FFS being a gormless gossip about people is now an herditary career.

Whenever there is a managerial vacancy in the lower Premier League or Championship and there are posts along the line of "perfect job for Pearson", "good fit for Pearson" etc.

I'm a huge Pearson fan but I just find posts constantly linking him to every job really bizarre.

Maybe one for the unpopular opinions thread?