Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Blokes in their 40s/50s/60s do this too.

Dress up for mod nights by all means but as a lifestyle choice? Looks odd to me.

(Obviously each to their own etc)

I think people cling on to when they were happiest/think they looked the best but it’s kinda tragic to see. Like still going to watch Ocean Colour Scene in concert 25 years after they peaked. And especially when OCS were utter shite even at the time. I mean I loved Britpop but I don’t wanna define my life on it and I can look back objectively now and see that about 80% was really quite bad. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Oh and another one. Groups of men that think dressing like Peaky Blinders is stylish/makes them look good. X

I wore a waistcoat before Peaky Blinders and Gareth Southgate for that matter,  but then started being bombarded with, 'Peaky Blinders fan are you?'

I had never even saw as much as a single episode.

Waistcoats are in the wardrobe since I have been working from home however and I'm not entirely sure they will fit me now. I may have added some 'lockdown lard'.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Facecloth said:

She wants to share what she prepared to share and not what the papers dig up on her, don't really see an issue. She's married to the queen's grandson and has just announced she's gonna pop out the 8th in line to the throne, I can see why she might want to tell everyone, and why that might be considered public interest. But I can also see why she doesn't want her personal relationship with her parents or whatever on the front page of a newspaper. Same as the vast majority of famous people, and in fact most people. We only want what we're prepared to put out in public to be public knowledge. You might be happy to pop up a post about your missus getting pregnant on here, but would you be happy if someone else started posting about a strained family relationship or a dodgy past you might have, especially if the forum wasn't faceless and we all knew your name?

The really important question, I think, is not about her relationship with Harry or the rest of royals but rather, What is she having for dinner and why hasn't she posted pics on instagram?!!

32 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I think people cling on to when they were happiest/think they looked the best but it’s kinda tragic to see. Like still going to watch Ocean Colour Scene in concert 25 years after they peaked. And especially when OCS were utter shite even at the time. I mean I loved Britpop but I don’t wanna define my life on it and I can look back objectively now and see that about 80% was really quite bad. X 

One of my all time favourite albums is Moseley Shoals. You're just not the person I thought you were Rumble :(

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

A mate used to be Steve Craddock's guitar tech. True but boring fact. 

Oh and yes OCS were always shite. 

• Haha 1

Re Megan Markle... Her crime has been to be unworthy in the eyes of the vengeful, spiteful filthy press, for reasons I won't insist upon (i.e. it's my opinion, not a fact), but I'll quote someone else who say it far better than I ever could. 

"It takes some doing to hate on someone for announcing they're pregnant but the Daily Star has managed it. You can only imagine the vitriol unleashed if they'd done the opposite and kept it quiet."

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Re Megan Markle... Her crime has been to be unworthy in the eyes of the vengeful, spiteful filthy press, for reasons I won't insist upon (i.e. it's my opinion, not a fact), but I'll quote someone else who say it far better than I ever could. 

"It takes some doing to hate on someone for announcing they're pregnant but the Daily Star has managed it. You can only imagine the vitriol unleashed if they'd done the opposite and kept it quiet."

This is brilliant... Especially as its obviously written primarily about Piers Morgan...

• Like 3

Just now, Izzy said:

Are Megan and Harry getting paid for their Oprah TV interview do we know?

If so, how much, and will they pocket it or give it to charity? Just wondered like...

Why does it matter?

Do other celebs/royals get asked how much they're being paid or how they use the money if they are?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why does it matter?

Do other celebs/royals get asked how much they're being paid or how they use the money if they are?

And it's common knowledge how much actors get paid for doing movies so what's the difference?

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

And it's common knowledge how much actors get paid for doing movies so what's the difference?

Again, that doesn't really matter, mate, does it? 

Knowing how much she gets paid to do a chat show probably has very little relevance to anyone's life. It's just going to be used as a stick to beat her with... 

Just now, StanSP said:

Again, that doesn't really matter, mate, does it? 

Knowing how much she gets paid to do a chat show probably has very little relevance to anyone's life. It's just going to be used as a stick to beat her with... 

FFS I'm just curious mate, no need to get all protective :rolleyes:

Knowing how much footballers get paid has very little relevance to anyone's life but people are still interested...