Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

33 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Whenever there is a managerial vacancy in the lower Premier League or Championship and there are posts along the line of "perfect job for Pearson", "good fit for Pearson" etc.

I'm a huge Pearson fan but I just find posts constantly linking him to every job really bizarre.

Maybe one for the unpopular opinions thread?

You could have just tagged me

• Haha 2

All of these people coming out to apologise for their treatment of Britney Spears 15-20 years ago after the recent documentary. They're only worried about how they look retrospectively. They tore her apart then and have never given a shit since.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

All of these people coming out to apologise for their treatment of Britney Spears 15-20 years ago after the recent documentary. They're only worried about how they look retrospectively. They tore her apart then and have never given a shit since.

The 'only sorry they got caught' twats. 

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Her Father sounds very controlling, too, regarding her personal finances etc.

Edited by Wymsey

1 hour ago, bovril said:

MS Teams.

Also computer screens in general. 

Companies who don't know how to use MS teams effectively is a big one for me. My old department could barely function with it and it made life a pain having to switch between 3 or 4 different pieces of software due to how poorly used it was, when we could easily have used teams for everything. The shock when shown a department able to use it effectively is astonishing. 

• Like 1

A "disgusting" fatberg said to weigh as much as a small bungalow has been removed from a London sewer.

The blockage was a mix of oil, grease and fat, along with items such as wet wipes, nappies and cotton buds.

Nappies, Oil and cotton buds...what's wrong with people?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Companies who don't know how to use MS teams effectively is a big one for me. My old department could barely function with it and it made life a pain having to switch between 3 or 4 different pieces of software due to how poorly used it was, when we could easily have used teams for everything. The shock when shown a department able to use it effectively is astonishing. 

We rinse it at my place. Multiple channels, doc repository, full Office 365 integration, single sign on, system notifications hitting it, the works.  Email is virtually a thing of the past. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

We rinse it at my place. Multiple channels, doc repository, full Office 365 integration, single sign on, system notifications hitting it, the works.  Email is virtually a thing of the past. 

Exactly how it should be used. We had teams for some meetings, for some reason also needed to use Skype and zoom for others. Then would still be using email, but some would use teams chat.  It became so convoluted, that they'd managed to make things significantly more difficult for everyone. 

• Sad 1

The so called remake oh The Italian Job.

It isn't a remake, they've just called a couple of characters the same name as the original and used mini's. 

The thing that really annoys me is how the mini's are out of sequence. 

They should always be ordered red, white, then blue. 

They aren't. 

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

The embarrassing diversion tactic from Liverpool to label any criticism of Salah’s blatant cheating as Islamophobia.

Pathetic levels of whataboutery. Grealish, Kane and Maddison are all guilty of it but not to the consistant levels of Salah. I actually think Mané is even worse. 

If I had a choice of getting rid of either VAR or players going down easy, it would be the latter every day of the week. Ruins the game. 

Crap like this. I may have the complete wrong end of the stick, but there's no reference whatsoever in here to any money whatsoever going to the Vichai Foundation, or any other charitable cause. Charging £20 for a Fruit of the Loom t-shirt with a Vistaprint picture added on seems a little iffy.  

https://www.comeonleicester.com/#/products/Z2lkOi8vc2hvcGlmeS9Qcm9kdWN0LzQ4OTkwMzIxMzc4Mzc=/

Also, Patreon extensions to podcasts. I completely understand the need for it, and it's not so much of an issue when it's only mentioned every now and then and doesn't dilute the main content. The issue however is when the podcast is rendered unlistenable to non-paying members, particularly when the pod also has countless sponsors throughout and sell merch also. I regularly listen to 5/6/7 podcasts and the going rate seems to be £8/10, it's a little excessive.   

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

, Patreon extensions to podcasts. I completely understand the need for it, and it's not so much of an issue when it's only mentioned every now and then and doesn't dilute the main content. The issue however is when the podcast is rendered unlistenable to non-paying members, particularly when the pod also has countless sponsors throughout and sell merch also. I regularly listen to 5/6/7 podcasts and the going rate seems to be £8/10, it's a little excessive.   

Is that per individual podcast or per podcast hoster or per month?

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Is that per individual podcast or per podcast hoster or per month?

Per podcast, unfortunately. I'd happily pay £10 a month across a number of podcasts but £40/50 across the few I listen to in exchange for a few hours content seems excessive. It's a difficult one though, as mentioned, as a lot those I listen to feature stand ups who must have been seriously hindered financially recently. 

I'd prefer paying a one off fee every now and then for a live show or something similar, which some other podcasts seem to offer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, David Guiza said:

Per podcast, unfortunately. I'd happily pay £10 a month across a number of podcasts but £40/50 across the few I listen to in exchange for a few hours content seems excessive. It's a difficult one though, as mentioned, as a lot those I listen to feature stand ups who must have been seriously hindered financially recently. 

I'd prefer paying a one off fee every now and then for a live show or something similar, which some other podcasts seem to offer. 

Your profile pic just made me go and buy a Sampdoria shirt. 

• Like 1