Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

8 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It does irk me because when he was going up against Jeremy Corbyn the media referred to Jeremy as "Corbyn" and Boris as "Boris".

I call him his full name or just his last name because just using a first name does make him sound joyful and a friend, which he isn't.

In my office, Corbyn was often referred to as Jeremy, Jezza, and, exceptionally, Uncle Jezza, which really did wind up the few Tories in the office lol

• Haha 1

On 07/02/2021 at 12:40, Alf Bentley said:

Good old Ed was impressive on Marr this morning. Would make an even better PM than Sir Keir, I reckon. :D

I didn't see it so I'm unsure if you mean Ed Milliband, Ed Sheeran or Ed Balls.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I didn't see it so I'm unsure if you mean Ed Milliband, Ed Sheeran or Ed Balls.

That's a coincidence because when I see people refer to "Boris", I'm never sure whether they mean Yeltsin, Karloff or Becker.....all of them nightmares in their different ways, but all better potential PMs than that Johnson bloke.

The Ed on Andrew Marr was famous heavy metal singer Ed Banger.

(Nah....Miliband). :D

On 07/02/2021 at 12:40, Alf Bentley said:

Good old Ed was impressive on Marr this morning. Would make an even better PM than Sir Keir, I reckon. :D

Fvcking Mister Ed would make a better PM than Alexander Boris de Pfeffel, let's be honest.

6edc03f4ae5373acb401aea7fe77dea2.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Neighbours alarm, pretty sure the house is empty, going off since 3am, hideously loud and annoying, what can be done beyond a brick through the window with a friendly note? 

Put a brick through the window because if it wasn’t being robbed before it’s bloody well going to look like it is when you do that. Better story to tell then as well. 

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I just heard on the radio that midwives are now not to use the terms ‘birth mother’ and ‘breastfeeding’ because they are transphobic. They are instead to use ‘birth person’ and ‘chestfeeding’.

Hasn’t it all gone a bit too far now?

"Midwives told to stop using terms such as 'breastfeeding' and 'breastmilk'

Midwives have been told to stop using terms including "breastfeeding" and “breastmilk” as part of a new trans-friendly policy at an NHS trust.

Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals (BSUH) NHS Trust is the first in the country to formally implement a gender inclusive language policy for its maternity services department — which will now be known as "perinatal services".

Staff have been told to avoid using the word “mothers” on its own and have been given a list of alternative terms to use when addressing patients including "mothers or birthing parents", "breast/chestfeeding" and "maternal and parental".

Instead of saying "breastmilk", they can choose from "human milk" or "breast/chestmilk" or "milk from the feeding mother or parent".

The language changes will be implemented in the trust's webpages, leaflets and communications such as letters and emails. Staff will be asked to use language which reflects people's "own identities and preferences" when talking to patients.

Other changes include replacing the use of the word "woman" with the phrase "woman or person", and the term "father" with "parent", "co-parent" or "second biological parent", depending on the circumstances."

Chestmilk makes me laugh far more than it should! 

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I just heard on the radio that midwives are now not to use the terms ‘birth mother’ and ‘breastfeeding’ because they are transphobic. They are instead to use ‘birth person’ and ‘chestfeeding’.

Yes of course it has.  Not referring to women as women to avoid offending a few people is insane.  

2 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Neighbours alarm, pretty sure the house is empty, going off since 3am, hideously loud and annoying, what can be done beyond a brick through the window with a friendly note? 

I thought that alarms were supposed to have a 20 minute cut off.  If that alarm has been going for hours it probably doesn't meet the latest regulations.

2 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Is very tempting to post a polite letter. Through the window. Attached to a brick. Still going. 

Does anyone have their contact details? 

I think if it's been going on for a certain number of hours or if you have any concern for safety of anyone inside it's worth calling 101. 

As tempting as it is to do that with a brick, it won't resolve anything... 

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Does anyone have their contact details? 

I think if it's been going on for a certain number of hours or if you have any concern for safety of anyone inside it's worth calling 101. 

As tempting as it is to do that with a brick, it won't resolve anything... 

I think the house is empty, it's being done up. 

5 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:
4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes of course it has.  Not referring to women as women to avoid offending a few people is insane.  

Yes it's utterly ridiculous, This is like trying to reinvent the Wheel and goes against nature. Talk about the Tail wagging the Dog.