Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 23/05/2021 at 15:03, Tuna said:

Is there any ad on TV worse than the Bold advert with the cover of Gold? Absolutely horrendous. Mute button whenever it's on.

Yes. The GoCompare ad with the bloke explaining who he is before belting out "Go Compare" with his stupid hair and moustache on.

• Like 1

The weather.

Nearly the end of May and Vardy is still wearing gloves. We had hail stones and gale force winds today and it's fvcking freezing.

Sort it out FFS

• Like 1

On 20/05/2021 at 12:45, purpleronnie said:

Men, the more and more i read about men acting violent towards women makes me ashamed to be a man.

I don't understand it and never will.

I agree but equally I don't understand why anyone gets violent towards anyone else, unless in exceptional circumstances ie self defence.

On 23/05/2021 at 18:24, Corky said:

The fact that we're in a great period of the club's history yet there's so much anger and bile being thrown at players, managers, even other fans.

Not disappointment, actually outright anger.

Oh yes, and the constant use of Bottlers. Give it a rest.

We didn't bottle the quarter final against ManU or the semi final or, more importantly, the final itself.

Should've really made top 4 twice given where we were but nobody expected insane runs from ManU with 31 pts from final 13 games last season and Liverpool with 26 pts from 10 games this time.

The level of vein-popping nutjobbery online has gone well beyond being quite rightly disappointed/frustrated.

I'll give the football section of FT a swerve for a few more days probably.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

The weather.

Nearly the end of May and Vardy is still wearing gloves. We had hail stones and gale force winds today and it's fvcking freezing.

Sort it out FFS

Hate to be a downer on this one man, but given the way climate is changing and us not getting a handle on it what we're seeing now is likely just the beginning.

• Sad 1

News/papers/stations/sites that continually feed us opinions as news.

Especially the opinion of a fvcking 12 year old about ANYTHING (with the possible exception of the best action man figurine)

Also.. stop with the fvcking Vox pops!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

News/papers/stations/sites that continually feed us opinions as news.

Especially the opinion of a fvcking 12 year old about ANYTHING (with the possible exception of the best action man figurine)

Also.. stop with the fvcking Vox pops!

50-100 word filler in a 500 word piece? Yes please and thank you very much. Makes for very easy copy. All the better if it’s polarising as it’ll drive the comment section and shares. Sorry not sorry :D

• Like 1

The pre-tournament one-upmanship that takes place every year with fans trying to outdo each other about how much they don't care about England.

If you're not bothered that's absolutely fine, but the constant need to shout that "I've not given a shit for X years" and the endless list of reasons why following England is now shit and they don't care is just so eye-rollingly predictable.

Just like we say about Forest and Derby talking about us... if you really don't care that much... move on and find a thread that does interest you instead of boring us to tears as you justify your dislike?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

The pre-tournament one-upmanship that takes place every year with fans trying to outdo each other about how much they don't care about England.

If you're not bothered that's absolutely fine, but the constant need to shout that "I've not given a shit for X years" and the endless list of reasons why following England is now shit and they don't care is just so eye-rollingly predictable.

Just like we say about Forest and Derby talking about us... if you really don't care that much... move on and find a thread that does interest you instead of boring us to tears as you justify your dislike?

On the football/ forum theme- the amount of random club forums our fans search for to find things said about us. Usually it's not very nice and it clearly annoys those fans- why do it? If you're looking for universal praise and love, you won't find it. Plenty of fans don't like us and the way we've gone about our business (with justification, too) but then we aren't always the most pleasant on here about other teams ourselves.

I do find this idea we're a club of the people a bit uncomfortable, to be honest. The coverage has been over the top.

• Like 1

Radio shows with several people in the studio where someone says something slightly amusing - or not even slightly amusing - and one or more cry out in an over the top, loud, raucous laugh.

I had to switch the Monday night club on 5live off last night because of this, Micha Richard's being particularly guilty of it.

Do they get paid depending on the amount of decibels their 'laughs' generate?

5 hours ago, Corky said:

On the football/ forum theme- the amount of random club forums our fans search for to find things said about us. Usually it's not very nice and it clearly annoys those fans- why do it? If you're looking for universal praise and love, you won't find it. Plenty of fans don't like us and the way we've gone about our business (with justification, too) but then we aren't always the most pleasant on here about other teams ourselves.

I do find this idea we're a club of the people a bit uncomfortable, to be honest. The coverage has been over the top.

We're in danger of becoming Liverpool. 

• Sad 1

We need an effective death/inheritance tax

Lets face it, all these "self made" million/billionaires say that they got the money through hard work and "merit, so surely theyll be happy to see their families do the same work :)

https://inthesetimes.com/article/jeff-bezos-elon-musk-snl-billionaire-superyacht-class-war?fbclid=IwAR1kdmk-wCS356PrMCVpFB-MxlFdN_6N21YKtI0aKmG_lutnm6ipKK1Rum4

12 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Radio shows with several people in the studio where someone says something slightly amusing - or not even slightly amusing - and one or more cry out in an over the top, loud, raucous laugh.

I had to switch the Monday night club on 5live off last night because of this, Micha Richard's being particularly guilty of it.

I've noticed this has become more prevalent recently. Colin Murray another example and - of course - Ian Stringer. 

A good rule of thumb seems to be the less amusing the comment, the louder the laughter. 

19 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Laura Woods on Talksport. Ally Mcoist only has to say good morning and she starts giggling like a love struck teenager. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Laura Woods on Talksport. Ally Mcoist only has to say good morning and she starts giggling like a love struck teenager. 

I thought they'd add canned laughter in the background at one time.

People adding 'super' in front of everything.

'He's super fast'

'He's super talented'

'He's super....man'

'Do this and you'll be super safe'

Recently used to 'beef' up sentences by those lacking in vocabulary.

'Basically' - 80's and 90's

'Literally' - 2000's and 2010's (usually misused)

'Super' - 2020's

30 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

People adding 'super' in front of everything.

'He's super fast'

'He's super talented'

'He's super....man'

'Do this and you'll be super safe'

Recently used to 'beef' up sentences by those lacking in vocabulary.

'Basically' - 80's and 90's

'Literally' - 2000's and 2010's (usually misused)

'Super' - 2020's

I basically agree, but if this is literally the most annoying thing you can think of your life must be super great!

• Haha 1