Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Release clause allowed us to bag such a talented player when we weren't a very attractive option, I wouldn't get too hung up on it

I'm not, I just don't think people should be painting some players as demons and others as angels when they leave because one was bit more savvy when he joined. They've played a part in getting the club to where it is now and they've moved on. You either whinge about both or neither.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

He gave his absolute all when he was here and was no trouble, unlike Mahrez on the second part and rumours about Chilwell too.

I don't think he's worshipped as a hero but there's a respect for his quality and the standard that he operates at.

Because he was out the door before he walked through, it so wasn't here longer than he wanted to be, unlike Mahrez. Maybe if he hadn't put the release clause in we'd have seen a different side to him. Just because he got his demands in prior to signing rather than whilst he was here like Mahrez doesn't make him any better or worse.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Because he was out the door before he walked through, it so wasn't here longer than he wanted to be, unlike Mahrez. Maybe if he hadn't put the release clause in we'd have seen a different side to him. Just because he got his demands in prior to signing rather than whilst he was here like Mahrez doesn't make him any better or worse.

I can’t believe you are even trying to compare how Mahrez and Kante conducted themselves here with regards to forcing a move. One guy was literally waiting at an airport lol

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I think we can all agree that Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell all played decent parts (some more than others, obviously) in our progression and we made massive profits which have helped us get to where we are now.

It's all part of the journey innit.

Yeah we’ve come a long way that’s for sure. 

35 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I can’t believe you are even trying to compare how Mahrez and Kante conducted themselves here with regards to forcing a move. One guy was literally waiting at an airport lol

Kante didn't have to force a move, because like I say he was out the door before he even  joined. Just because one forced our hand before we even signed them doesn't make it any better imo.

11 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Kante didn't disrespect the club and didn't try to force anything. He wasn't even contracted to the club at the time. Setting out your requirements to sign a deal with a club and trying to force a move whilst under contract are very different things.

By even asking for a release clause from the club that's plucked you from relative obscurity to play in the premier league is IMO disrespectful. He wanted gone before he even signed.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

By even asking for a release clause from the club that's plucked you from relative obscurity to play in the premier league is IMO disrespectful. He wanted gone before he even signed.

Since when is Ligue 1 relative obscurity? :blink:

He was playing in one of the top 5 European Leagues for a club who's position wasn't that different from Leicester at the time. Both newly promoted and survived their first season.

There's no way you genuinely think Kante asking for a release clause is anywhere near as bad as Mahrez refusing to play, hovering around airports trying to force a move and saying "Leicester held him back" in interviews. One is quite clearly 100x worse.

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Mate just give up here you’ve had a mare, move on.

2 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Since when is Ligue 1 relative obscurity? :blink:

He was playing in one of the top 5 European Leagues for a club who's position wasn't that different from Leicester at the time. Both newly promoted and survived their first season.

There's no way you genuinely think Kante asking for a release clause is anywhere near as bad as Mahrez refusing to play, hovering around airports trying to force a move and saying "Leicester held him back" in interviews. One is quite clearly 100x worse.

I've been arguing all along none are bad, they are just players who have moved on and I'm fed up with people forgiving one thing and not another. Demonising one legend and putting another on a pedalstal.

Also he'd had one season in Ligue 1 with a team, for a team who came 13th.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I think we can all agree that Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell all played decent parts (some more than others, obviously) in our progression and we made massive profits which have helped us get to where we are now.

It's all part of the journey innit.

Exactly the point I'm trying to make. Why are why pulling one apart and forgiving others. Either whinge about all of them or just enjoy the part they played in our journey.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I've been arguing all along none are bad, they are just players who have moved on and I'm fed up with people forgiving one thing and not another. Demonising one legend and putting another on a pedalstal.

Also he'd had one season in Ligue 1 with a team, for a team who came 13th.

Yes, that was my point. What had Leicester done in that time?  Ah yes, one season in the top league with a 14th place finish. It wasn't the major step up you're making it out to be.

The reason people have a problem with some players and not others is because they've done differing levels of disrespect to the club. It's a completely natural human reaction.

I personally still love both Kante and Mahrez but can understand why people have a problem with Mahrez but not Kante. Other people have different thresholds and it's completely reasonable.

13 minutes ago, matty98 said:

Yes, that was my point. What had Leicester done in that time?  Ah yes, one season in the top league with a 14th place finish. It wasn't the major step up you're making it out to be.

The reason people have a problem with some players and not others is because they've done differing levels of disrespect to the club. It's a completely natural human reaction.

I personally still love both Kante and Mahrez but can understand why people have a problem with Mahrez but not Kante. Other people have different thresholds and it's completely reasonable.

Premier League, bar PSG, is a step up from the French league, we all know that. A player would move here 9 times out of 10 over joining the French league, even if that meant joining a bottom half team.

I still love both players, my whole point was no player has been whiter than white, no player has treated the club with complete respect in leaving (or joining). Why can't we just celebrate the fact they helped get us where we are. Kante helped is win the league, so did Mahrez and got us transfer fee that helped rebuild the squad. Maguire and Chilwells fees did the same as well as build a training ground.

I may just be a grumpy old bastard but this time of year brings all the neighbour kids out in the back gardens. I've no problem with that whatsoever, but there's always one girl who has to squeal high pitched at the top of her lungs for no reason constantly as she runs around. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I may just be a grumpy old bastard but this time of year brings all the neighbour kids out in the back gardens. I've no problem with that whatsoever, but there's always one girl who has to squeal high pitched at the top of her lungs for no reason constantly as she runs around. 

I don't want to fan the flames here, but you've made 3 posts this morning. 

Non indication on roundabouts, despair at the sound of young children enjoying themselves and everything is so expensive these days.

Clearly not a good morning for you. Has Alan Pardew been linked with the managerial vacancy at Wolves overnight by any chance?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

These sort of football posts on Facebook, where everything is "Class". Nope, class would have been not purposely impeding him in the first place leading to an injury, not a Twitter apology of whatever it is.

IMG_20210531_221458.jpg

Would’ve been more classy not to have fractured his eye socket in the first place 

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How Naomi Osaka is being/has been treated. 

What happened to 'Be Kind'? Someone claims their mental health is suffering and she's been fined by the organisation for not doing press conferences. Yet the reason she stops doing them is to protect her mental health. 

They have really ****ed this one.  The president of Roland Garos came across like a bully imo.  Really poor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

What happened to 'Be Kind'? Someone claims their mental health is suffering and she's been fined by the organisation for not doing press conferences. Yet the reason she stops doing them is to protect her mental health. 

A bizarre mess to be honest.

It's interesting to see the "WOAHHHHH GRRRRR she should just talk to the media grrrrr" types out on social media who would full well would be doing a 180 if it was a player from a team they support refusing to do media gambits because of the mental toll it took.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

They have really ****ed this one.  The president of Roland Garos came across like a bully imo.  Really poor.

4 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

A bizarre mess to be honest.

It's interesting to see the "WOAHHHHH GRRRRR she should just talk to the media grrrrr" types out on social media who would full well would be doing a 180 if it was a player from a team they support refusing to do media gambits because of the mental toll it took.

The other point I saw this morning that if she had got a physical injury, she'd be exempt from these interviews for good reason. 

The concept that MH should be dismissed in comparison is rubbish. Mental health is still health and if she feels better for not doing the interviews, then so be it. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Really don't see how missing press conferences even matters tbh. If I'm tuned in, it's to watch elite sport, not the horseshit coverage surrounding it. Listening to the same idiots ask the same questions over and over again. "uh why did you lose"... Probably cuz the other person was better on the day. 

Players should have the choice to speak to media or not. Only defense I've seen from players is it makes them more popular, great, let those ones carry on and let the people that want to dodge it dodge it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Really don't see how missing press conferences even matters tbh. If I'm tuned in, it's to watch elite sport, not the horseshit coverage surrounding it. Listening to the same idiots ask the same questions over and over again. "uh why did you lose"... Probably cuz the other person was better on the day. 

Players should have the choice to speak to media or not. Only defense I've seen from players is it makes them more popular, great, let those ones carry on and let the people that want to dodge it dodge it. 

Agreed. Was stunned she got fined 15k Euros for her choice!