Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

GA3FnE9X0AAAx_W?format=jpg&name=900x900

22 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

If this is true and not a joke then it's a sickening idiotic, thoughtless and ignorant person who has no idea what he spouts out. 

I don't know if the tweet is real so I won't call Grimes out specifically for it, but I've seen enough from him and people who hold similar views that are so uninformed and unresearched about such basic things it baffles me why anyone would listen to them and think they are anyway informed on more complex subjects. If they can't be arsed to do a quick Google, how can anyone trust they have spent time researching, and can understand, complex political, financial and social issues.

This one as an example, again we don't know if it's legit but as it's here I'll use it as an example, would take a few seconds to Google. If you are that bothered that she's not at the funeral your gonna speak about it, but not so clued up that you don't even know she's dead, surely you'd find out of they'd fallen out first.

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I don't know if the tweet is real so I won't call Grimes out specifically for it, but I've seen enough from him and people who hold similar views that are so uninformed and unresearched about such basic things it baffles me why anyone would listen to them and think they are anyway informed on more complex subjects. If they can't be arsed to do a quick Google, how can anyone trust they have spent time researching, and can understand, complex political, financial and social issues.

This one as an example, again we don't know if it's legit but as it's here I'll use it as an example, would take a few seconds to Google. If you are that bothered that she's not at the funeral your gonna speak about it, but not so clued up that you don't even know she's dead, surely you'd find out of they'd fallen out first.

My own take on that is reasonably simple; they tell people what they want to hear. And people believe what they want to hear.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Is it just me that thinks that there has been a rise in youngsters, including teenagers, killing others in recent times?..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-67729418

It's beyond comprehension that this can happen. When I was a teenager there was dislike and rivalry amongst us and against individuals but it probably ended in a bit of a scrap in the park after school. There was never any plan to commit anything serious. 

I do think social media, and the easy access to violent content within it which IMO, seems to accept and even promote violence within a teenage demographic, has a lot to answer for.

The lack of correct parental guidance plays a part as many parents, for an easy life, just let their kids do their own thing rather than take an active interest in what they are doing and being a part of it.

Parenting is difficult and fraught with difficult choices and sacrifices that have to be made in order to give a child the best possible chance in their life.

So many parents seem to opt out of responsibility in favour of an easier option.

Is society broken? Is there an answer?  

I don't know, but it does seem to be increasingly a generational thing. Which is worrying.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Yeh, if you’re waiting for your court case or have just managed to escape without a custodial sentence. 

The ones in central London are often calmer than the famous real ale houses or raucous Soho bars nearby. They're usually full of international students, foreign workers and a few old boys. The city workers or hen parties go elsewhere. Any time I have friends from abroad visiting they always tend to end up in Holborn Spoons on account of the space, free coffee refills, and late night opening.

2 hours ago, bovril said:

The ones in central London are often calmer than the famous real ale houses or raucous Soho bars nearby. They're usually full of international students, foreign workers and a few old boys. The city workers or hen parties go elsewhere. Any time I have friends from abroad visiting they always tend to end up in Holborn Spoons on account of the space, free coffee refills, and late night opening.

Tim Martin much like Ryanair man is an attention seeking **** but with the both of them you can’t argue with what they’ve built. Good point on loads of students being in spoons, gives it a good younger vibe and means there’s always a party. But the amount of weird mid 20s drippy stoners in every spoons is noticeable. Absolute freaks that all ‘only have natural medicine to treat my anxiety’ which makes me reconsider my stance that drugs should be legal 

18 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

The angry 4x4 driver who apparently tore down the signs and tape after the police closed a road near us due to flooding, drove through it ok himself but was followed by other drivers who then got stuck in the water

This reminds me of the bell end parents who pick their kids up at the school my kids go to.

The principal of the school emailed all parents telling them the parking lot is closed to parent traffic for student safety as they had issues. Essentially, park your car elsewhere or walk to pick them up you lazy sods.

So, i get to the school one day and see cones blocking the entrance. Clearly a sign of "closed, don't come in". This parent drives up, gets out the car moves the cone. I stand in front and say you cant come in the lot is closed and move to go get my kids. The bell end drives in anyways without putting the cone back. Then subsequent bell end parents follow that driver in.

Next, i see a teacher running from her supervisory duties to tell them they cant enter and they ignore her.

Teachers over here typically have to watch the children and dont focus on policing the parking lot as much. The principal IMO should be out there ripping parents a new one.  How thick are you? Don't you read the emails? You surely get them because all parents i know read them. People just dont give a fook. It inconveniences them so piss off right?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

This reminds me of the bell end parents who pick their kids up at the school my kids go to.

The principal of the school emailed all parents telling them the parking lot is closed to parent traffic for student safety as they had issues. Essentially, park your car elsewhere or walk to pick them up you lazy sods.

So, i get to the school one day and see cones blocking the entrance. Clearly a sign of "closed, don't come in". This parent drives up, gets out the car moves the cone. I stand in front and say you cant come in the lot is closed and move to go get my kids. The bell end drives in anyways without putting the cone back. Then subsequent bell end parents follow that driver in.

Next, i see a teacher running from her supervisory duties to tell them they cant enter and they ignore her.

Teachers over here typically have to watch the children and dont focus on policing the parking lot as much. The principal IMO should be out there ripping parents a new one.  How thick are you? Don't you read the emails? You surely get them because all parents i know read them. People just dont give a fook. It inconveniences them so piss off right?

Presumably they'll put a more permanent barrier in, I hope so.

We know that there's any number of situations in which folk can be pricks in any number of ways, but there's something really jarring about these situations where it's really obvious why you're being prevented from doing something but people just do it anyway.

I'm sure entitlement, selfishness, ignorance etc all play their part but I think there's also a bit of some sort of weird habit thing going on and people can't cope with disruption to their routine. When the daft woman climbed over the tape to walk across the wet cement on the cordoned off section of pavement outside my house, she  barely broke stride, and certainly didn't stop to look as to why walking across it might not be a brilliant idea. She walks along that section of pavement most days and that's that.

The bloke that took down the flood barriers was apparently proper angry, to the extent that my friend that saw him do it wasn't inclined to remonstrate with him. I don't get how the response to a road being flooded would be anger; frustration maybe, it's not like it's an injustice or personal is it? How dare the police stop me from putting myself at risk? It's the whole omnipotent toddler mindset I suppose

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

The angry 4x4 driver who apparently tore down the signs and tape after the police closed a road near us due to flooding, drove through it ok himself but was followed by other drivers who then got stuck in the water

Personally, can't help but feel people in normal cars who drive through flood waters need to accept a little bit of responsibility for their action.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Personally, can't help but feel people in normal cars who drive through flood waters need to accept a little bit of responsibility for their action.

I don't disagree. But the road being closed increases the chances of people concluding that driving into water might be a crap idea.

I spent most of yesterday evening watching videos of people that think it's fine and boy oh boy there's no shortage of those guys

12 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I don't disagree. But the road being closed increases the chances of people concluding that driving into water might be a crap idea.

I spent most of yesterday evening watching videos of people that think it's fine and boy oh boy there's no shortage of those guys

And I should add that they have truly earned both my love and my respect 

26 minutes ago, The Syrup said:

Paula Vennells, former CEO of the Post Office. If anyone has been watching Mr Bates Vs The Post Office over the last 4 nights on ITV I'm sure they'd agree.

Vile ****. Get that CBE off her and then lock her up. Awful ****. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Vile ****. Get that CBE off her and then lock her up. Awful ****. 

Yep. Although I vaguely knew about the Post Office IT scandal this programme has been a real eye-opener about how the PO and Fujitsu covered up their crap IT system and threw 100s of sub postmasters under the bus. 

• Like 3