Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

6 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

There's actually not very much snow on the roofs anyway. 

It's so cold out that the snow has very little moisture so it's not settling as it normally would. It's hitting the ground and blowing about instead. 

Also - FYI, I'd imagine most small time pot-growers who grow at home use LED light-sources now which generate much less heat than halogen lamps used to. 

Well, they should do if they have any sense. Not that the police are looking for small time growers with 2 or 3 plants in the loft these days with their limited resources. 

I think he's talking about this story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-43264815

What a waste of beautiful life.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

that's a pretty big setup for a residential house tbf lol.

and yeah - shame the police aren't out doing more important things tbh. 

no resources yet got time to waste trying to find a plant which the rest of the world is legalising for all it's medicinal and recreational benefits. 

good one UK - sitting still while the world moves forward. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

and looking at the photos, I'm right - they're using old sodium lamps which generate a shit load of heat. 

archaic technology and pretty stupid of them to use in a residential like that tbh.

You sound very expert in how to grow your own mate :whistle:

Image result for guilty face gif

• Haha 1

grew once with a mate when we were younger but it was like 5 plants - obviously led to a fair bit of research at the time. 

and I work in lighting - so I know a lot about that sort of stuff too. 

trust me - I'll be the first to get a little something going when the UK government smells the money and decides to decriminalise home grows. 

blows my mind that someone hasn't already figured out that a legal and taxable weed industry would sort this country's money problems out in an instant. ****ing idiots. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

grew once with a mate when we were younger but it was like 5 plants - obviously led to a fair bit of research at the time. 

and I work in lighting - so I know a lot about that sort of stuff too. 

trust me - I'll be the first to get a little something going when the UK government smells the money and decides to decriminalise home grows. 

blows my mind that someone hasn't already figured out that a legal and taxable weed industry would sort this country's money problems out in an instant. ****ing idiots. 

Your the idiot .. nobody ever told you so ?

• Like 1

Just now, RODNEY FERNIO said:

I am me

good for you.

you can call me an idiot, completely unprovoked, if you like but keep in mind; I have no idea who you are on here and I will have no problem with absolutely embarrassing you in front of everyone with my superior arguing skills. 

:)

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Buce said:

lol

It's not funny, mate.

Who's running Hell while she's away?

There's enough MILs, to Cover her dont worry.....

The devil himself, has been trying to Broker a take-over deal,

Bad conditions See him being Frozen Out..

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

Do you have Sash windows? I lived in one in Clapham during the freeze of Jan 1991 and I had to scrape the inside of the glass. My girlfriend and I had to huddle together in bed for nearly a week watching a shitty black and white portable to maintain a survivable core temperature. It was like the John and Yoko bed in for peace Toronto 1969 - only they had heating and room service. 

No, just very tired PVC double glazed with tired seals and plenty of blown windows, it is miserable in the extreme.

I have done some upmarket clingfilm secondary glazing this week, and got busy with silicon sealant around the frames where slight drafts become apparent. Living the dream. lol

3 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

No, just very tired PVC double glazed with tired seals and plenty of blown windows, it is miserable in the extreme.

I have done some upmarket clingfilm secondary glazing this week, and got busy with silicon sealant around the frames where slight drafts become apparent. Living the wife's dreamlol

Fixed it for ya.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I have done some upmarket clingfilm secondary glazing this week, and got busy with silicon sealant around the frames where slight drafts become apparent. Living the dream. lol

Bubble wrap against the glass is a decent insulator. Very easy to fit once cut to size - dampen it a bit with water and it'll stick right on. It also looks extremely stylish.

Edited by Rogstanley

There might be a bit of snow out there still ...   and maybe more to come ..  but it aint half warmed up a bit ! ...   went for a 2 mile walk with the dogs early this morning wearing my rabbit fur lined trapper hat and old skiing gloves and totally overheated ...  took them all off for most of the walk ....    bloody heatwave ! ..  :)

IMG_0109.jpg

Enough is enough.

I'm getting my shovel out and will clear every fvcking road between here and Wigston if I have to.

I cannot stand the mother-in-law staying another minute. :@

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

There might be a bit of snow out there still ...   and maybe more to come ..  but it aint half warmed up a bit ! ...   went for a 2 mile walk with the dogs early this morning wearing my rabbit fur lined trapper hat and old skiing gloves and totally overheated ...  took them all off for most of the walk ....    bloody heatwave ! ..  :)

IMG_0109.jpg

Were you wearing your orange shorts again? Can't tell from this photo.

Meanwhile, after the problems with modern slavery, Leicestershire Police's "most wanted" is a modern highwayman...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

IMG_0109.jpg

Your beard looks frozen solid, CF.

Or have you been guzzling milk?