Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

12 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Seem to have had more snow than sunshine this year! How’s everyone coping today?

fu cking loads of it round here and it seems we really weren’t prepared this time. been snowing since friday and absolutely none of the town centre has been gritted yet. fun n games out there. 

8 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

fu cking loads of it round here and it seems we really weren’t prepared this time. been snowing since friday and absolutely none of the town centre has been gritted yet. fun n games out there. 

Eek! Well be safe out there. 

Four or five inches above my front door step in Shepton Mallet and my car was a white mound - with not an inch of paint or rubber in sight.

Main road through the town closed and hordes of kids trooping past my house to go tobogganing in the steeply sloping field by the river.

Watching BBC weather and fearing the worst, because I work away from home, and am gone from Sunday evening until Thursday, I packed a flask of coffee, some food and a sleeping bag in case I got stuck somewhere. It took 40 minutes to do the first mile of my journey.

150 miles away in North Hertfordshire I found a pub where I could watch the match. 

Just the odd flurry of snow with about an inch on the ground and from what I hear not much more in Leicestershire.

This time I think the BBC were scaremongering. Just imagine the commotion if there was four or five inches of snow in Central London!!!

11 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Please, please, please don't snow again tonight.

Don't think i can cope with another 'snow day' and kids off school again tomorrow :nono:

lol if you live in Leicestershire you should be alright.

12 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

lol if you live in Leicestershire you should be alright.

I live in Bucks mate and there's more due in the early hours. Fingers crossed the roads to school are O.K. :fc:

• 9 months later...
3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Reading this thread is depressing.

If it's anything like last year, we've still got another 8-10 weeks of shite weather to look forward to.

Bring on the spring ASAP.

That's enough of your negativity!

Sod spring, cut out the middle man and get with the programme, Izzy! :thumbup:

• Like 1