Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

i know the snow brings misery to many people but you cant beat a bit of snow day sledging with your daughter.

the snow we had before christmas was the best ive experienced in my lifetime..........until today.

just a shame im at work now but tomorrow sould be good.

• Like 1

Got a phone call at 5.45pm from the missus who's at Enderby Park & Ride

"My tyre's completely flat"

"What do you want me to do about it?", I said.

This is someone who doesn't even know how to put air in her tyres, never mind change a wheel.  An hour & a half to get there, change the wheel & get back.  Trainers fvcked, jeans fvcked & I think I've got frostbite.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

In the 2-3 hours I was at the gym in Narborough, the roads have got pretty dodgy. Was fine earlier, had to drive home very slowly after.

Be safe everyone :thumbup:

2-3 hours??? Show off!!!!

11 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Got a phone call at 5.45pm from the missus who's at Enderby Park & Ride

"My tyre's completely flat"

"What do you want me to do about it?", I said.

This is someone who doesn't even know how to put air in her tyres, never mind change a wheel.  An hour & a half to get there, change the wheel & get back.  Trainers fvcked, jeans fvcked & I think I've got frostbite.

[email protected] least .." You did it Your wayyyy"

• Haha 2

Just had my flight to Birmingham diverted to Manchester thanks to the bloody snow! Been sat on the plane about 45 minutes waiting to find out what's going on. I usually live a bit of snow but it has a lot to answer for this time!!

I am thoroughly fvcked off, the missus has gone out for dinner with colleagues and I ordered a pizza in, course as soon as I've ordered a blizzard starts. The delivery is now 40 minutes late and no sign of showing up, so I'm either going hungry (nothing in fridge) or a cold pizza is going to turn up and I have to sit around like a chump to listen out for the door

18 minutes ago, Buce said:

I've been snowed in (which means the bloody mother-in-law is stuck here for the night :()

That's a nightmare scenario, imagine being stuck with someone like that all night, nobody should have to suffer that.

But I'm sure she'll cope... lol

[Only joking Buce]

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

That's a nightmare scenario, imagine being stuck with someone like that all night, nobody should have to suffer that.

But I'm sure she'll cope... lol

[Only joking Buce]

lol

It's not funny, mate.

Who's running Hell while she's away?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I am thoroughly fvcked off, the missus has gone out for dinner with colleagues and I ordered a pizza in, course as soon as I've ordered a blizzard starts. The delivery is now 40 minutes late and no sign of showing up, so I'm either going hungry (nothing in fridge) or a cold pizza is going to turn up and I have to sit around like a chump to listen out for the door

lol where do you live mate? I got a dominos and the guy told me I was the last delivery of the night.

49 minutes ago, Raj said:

2-3 hours??? Show off!!!!

He's probably that guy who walks around a lot, ample breaks and then sits in the sauna for an hour and proceeds to shave his choda and cod peice over the sink in plain view. Hence the 2 to 3 hours 

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

He's probably that guy who walks around a lot, ample breaks and then sits in the sauna for an hour and proceeds to shave his choda and cod peice over the sink in plain view. Hence the 2 to 3 hours 

At David Lloyd Narborough it’s all about hair drying the chode not shaving it. Get it right.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Hey, @Line-X.

I've been snowed in (which means the bloody mother-in-law is stuck here for the night :()

I hold you personally responsible.

Apologies for tempting fate!!

Ha! Oadby. Just been for a walk...throw in a few centimetres of snow the odd gradient and the obligatory fleets of rear wheel drive prestige German cars and witness unprecedented levels of automotive buffoonery and idiotic ineptitude. A great evening's entertainment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Apologies for tempting fate!!

Ha! Oadby. Just been for a walk...throw in a few centimetres of snow the odd gradient and the obligatory fleets of rear wheel drive prestige German cars and witness unprecedented levels of automotive buffoonery and idiotic ineptitude. A great evening's entertainment. 

I'm glad somebody is having a great evening's entertainment.

It's like a swarm of locusts have descended on the kitchen cupboards...

30 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Never, ever buy a victorian house :rolleyes: I might as well be sitting in the effin garden for all the good the central heating is doing.

Of course, the other half loves all that elegant high ceiling BS, doesn't stop the moaning when she can't feel her feet.

Do you have Sash windows? I lived in one in Clapham during the freeze of Jan 1991 and I had to scrape the inside of the glass. My girlfriend and I had to huddle together in bed for nearly a week watching a shitty black and white portable to maintain a survivable core temperature. It was like the John and Yoko bed in for peace Toronto 1969 - only they had heating and room service. 

15 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

And for all you pot growers, you ain’t got no snow on your roof.

There's actually not very much snow on the roofs anyway. 

It's so cold out that the snow has very little moisture so it's not settling as it normally would. It's hitting the ground and blowing about instead. 

Also - FYI, I'd imagine most small time pot-growers who grow at home use LED light-sources now which generate much less heat than halogen lamps used to. 

Well, they should do if they have any sense. Not that the police are looking for small time growers with 2 or 3 plants in the loft these days with their limited resources.