Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

On 07/10/2023 at 11:54, Ashley said:

The Reytons last night in Newcastle. These a bloody brilliant 

Seeing these in Brum 27th October. Supported by the Ks as well, gonna be fantastic. The setlist looks lively

7 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

was really good!

Seeing these on Saturday in Brum :D

The fact they're being supported by The Story So Far is the cherry on an already incredibly cake!

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 17:33, filbertway said:

Seeing these in Brum 27th October. Supported by the Ks as well, gonna be fantastic. The setlist looks lively

The fact they're being supported by The Story So Far is the cherry on an already incredibly cake!

If you know of a couple of spares tickets going let me know 👍

On 10/10/2023 at 17:33, filbertway said:

Hey what did u think of the gig? I managed to get hold of a couple of tickets. It was good, not as good as other times I've seen them, setlist was ok but heard better, lots of songs I'd like to have heard that they didn't play. I preferred it when the alkaline trio guy was in them, that California tour was brilliant, really good songs on that album which they obviously don't play anymore.

I've only seen them once before at their own show and that must be over 10 years ago now haha

I really enjoyed it a lot. It's probably a testament to the band that they can put out a really solid 27 song set and people are still naming loads of other songs they wanted to hear :D

I know they operated under the name blink-182, but if it's not the 3 of them together, for me it's another side project so I never really massive listened to the albums with Matt Skiba. So i can understand why you're a bit gutted you didn't hear more of that.

Just good to see all 3 of them looking healthy and having a good time up there. Hopefully they do another tour and mix up that set list a bit in 18-24 months.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, filbertway said:

I've only seen them once before at their own show and that must be over 10 years ago now haha

I really enjoyed it a lot. It's probably a testament to the band that they can put out a really solid 27 song set and people are still naming loads of other songs they wanted to hear :D

I know they operated under the name blink-182, but if it's not the 3 of them together, for me it's another side project so I never really massive listened to the albums with Matt Skiba. So i can understand why you're a bit gutted you didn't hear more of that.

Just good to see all 3 of them looking healthy and having a good time up there. Hopefully they do another tour and mix up that set list a bit in 18-24 months

I worked out I've seen them 7 times, they did the one album with Matt and from what I can remember it was the only one to top the UK charts, but yeah just glad they are all well 👍👍 

• Thanks 1

I was going to see the Christians and Level 42 at demontfort hall tonight, but guess who forgot to book the shift off work? Hence my missus and her pal are now playing the songs at full blast around the house to wind me up. What a plonker

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Balders65 said:

I was going to see the Christians and Level 42 at demontfort hall tonight, but guess who forgot to book the shift off work? Hence my missus and her pal are now playing the songs at full blast around the house to wind me up. What a plonker

That's what calling in sick is for.

:D

1 hour ago, Libertine said:

Pumpkins and Weezer in Brum next June. :smile:

I would love to see them both and was considering Liam Gallagher this morning as well but they seem to have dates in a two week window where I already have a couple of gigs already lined up with a weekend in Budapest thrown in as well.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Livid said:

I would love to see them both and was considering Liam Gallagher this morning as well but they seem to have dates in a two week window where I already have a couple of gigs already lined up with a weekend in Budapest thrown in as well.

I was thinking of smashing pumpkins and LG as well lol.  Not a huge Oasis fan or Liam fan but the idea of him doing definately maybe in full does appeal.  Like you I seem to have a bit going on all around the same time, lining up a festival around that time too.

• Like 2

I saw Liam Gallagher and pumpkins were touring, I'd choose the smashing pumpkins gig all day long. The definitely maybe tour should be oasis, also it's a lot easier to get pumpkins tickets, o2 priority has tickets available although I don't want to goto London so I'll hopefully get Birmingham ones tomorrow. It's also a bonus having a support band I like aswell.

31 minutes ago, Andy11111 said:

I saw Liam Gallagher and pumpkins were touring, I'd choose the smashing pumpkins gig all day long. The definitely maybe tour should be oasis, also it's a lot easier to get pumpkins tickets, o2 priority has tickets available although I don't want to goto London so I'll hopefully get Birmingham ones tomorrow. It's also a bonus having a support band I like aswell.

I'm not a big fan of either, plus Sheffield is easier for me for various reasons, Oasis ain't happening so this is about as close as we will get.  Plus I only really like the first 2 Oasis albums so wouldnt really go and watch Liam unless he was doing something like this.  I probably like more SP stuff overall but the Oasis songs mean more to me from my yoof.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I'm not a big fan of either, plus Sheffield is easier for me for various reasons, Oasis ain't happening so this is about as close as we will get.  Plus I only really like the first 2 Oasis albums so wouldnt really go and watch Liam unless he was doing something like this.  I probably like more SP stuff overall but the Oasis songs mean more to me from my yoof.

Seen oasis a couple of times but never smashing pumpkins, they are one of those bands I grew up listening to like all the grunge bands that are no longer around so I kinda don't wanna miss them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I was thinking of smashing pumpkins and LG as well lol.  Not a huge Oasis fan or Liam fan but the idea of him doing definately maybe in full does appeal.  Like you I seem to have a bit going on all around the same time, lining up a festival around that time too.

Exactly the same not a massive Oasis fan but Definitely Maybe had me interested.

I was looking at the final date in Manchester at the end of June but a Thursday night, £80ish for standing and the fact I’ve already booked around 2 weeks of next year’s holiday entitlement to just go to various gigs made me hold back. 

If it had been The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer I probably would have gone for it. 

Paloma Faith at Birmingham Symphony Hall next May. 

I just love her voice, I wanted to see her on her last tour, but I think they seemed to be those out of the way castle/park type of events which are a pain to get to unless you’re local.