Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Had a look at Greenday ticket for Wembley, £240 for standing lol that's on ticketmaster but assume it's resale 

Seeing my all time favourite band of all time in two weeks, first time in 4 years. Playing at the venue I worked at as a student in Bournemouth too, looking forward to being in the thick of the pit :punk:

Green Day to play Dookie and American Idiot in their entirety on the tour this year. With those two albums plus stuff from the new record and some of their live favourites too it's going to be like a 4 hour long set. 

image.thumb.png.946f5c6bbe55e06b65e495071abcbbf8.png

• Like 1

On 11/01/2024 at 16:02, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Had a look at Greenday ticket for Wembley, £240 for standing lol that's on ticketmaster but assume it's resale 

Seeing my all time favourite band of all time in two weeks, first time in 4 years. Playing at the venue I worked at as a student in Bournemouth too, looking forward to being in the thick of the pit :punk:

I'm glad I got tickets when I did, but still miffed that I missed out on circle standing because Ticketmaster are fvcking cvnts and their website is shit. It's going to be a great gig.

44 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Green Day to play Dookie and American Idiot in their entirety on the tour this year. With those two albums plus stuff from the new record and some of their live favourites too it's going to be like a 4 hour long set. 

image.thumb.png.946f5c6bbe55e06b65e495071abcbbf8.png

Yeh 28 songs just with those two albums. Mind you, most of them are only 2 minutes long. lol They did about 2.5 hours when I saw them in 2009, be interesting to see how their stamina compares in their 50s, certainly ambitious!

Pulled some strings and going to watch the soundcheck this afternoon as well :cool:

Went to see Depeche Mode last night.  I'm not really a fan but went with someone who was.  I had a really great night, I knew a surprising amount of their setlist and they played the 2 songs that I really wanted to hear.  A couple of goosebump moments were a reminder of why i love live music, those moments stay with you.

A good singalong, a little boogie, can't beat it.

• Like 4

On 24/01/2024 at 09:24, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Pulled some strings and going to watch the soundcheck this afternoon as well :cool:

Best sound check i've seen was Sound Garden at the power station in Auckland NZ. Didn't have ticket to the gig so me and a friend were loitering outside on the off chance of getting one. Saw a side door open so we snuck in. No-one cottoned on we weren't supposed to be there and we ended up watching them doing their sound check performing Rusty Cage. 

Oh, and we got tickets. Epic.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On 24/01/2024 at 09:24, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Well this was a belter. Walk in the venue through the backdoor and there's people milling about, not much going on. Soundcheck starts, mainly drums and a few vocals, bit of guitar played by the tour staff. Then the whole band rock up and play two songs start to finish, to me and a handful of tech staff from the tour and the venue. Incredible scenes. Managed to speak to the lead vocalist, could hardly get my words out but managed to tell him how much the band meant to me.

Show was great, got put on my arse within 5 seconds of being in the pit but quickly got picked up (always remember the first rule of the moshpit kids), crowdsurfed, the lot. Just hope it's not another 4 years until I see them again! 

• Like 1

Currently at the Bombay Bicycle Club gig in Brighton*.

Bit dull, with a few highlight moments. Better live than they are recorded…but still a bit musical wallpaper for my taste.

*under duress