Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

23 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I AM now going to see The Darkness in Nottingham in December, now that they've added a second date after the first one sold out in an hour.

Tickets still available at time of posting!

You KNOW it makes sense

It sold out 😱 really 😆

20 hours ago, Andy11111 said:

I remember about 20 years ago selling out arenas, then I remember them playing the Godiva festival for free about 5 years ago

Career-wise their trajectory suits me just fine. I was gutted when they imploded after the second album without having seen them, but now they play mid sized venues it's all good for me as I hate arena gigs.

I'm not sure what the reasons are for their current modest upsurge in popularity.

The new tour is to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Permission to Land, and whilst that's a belter of an album I don't recall the same level of excitement around the 10th anniversary tour.

Justin Hawkins featured quite prominently in the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert and seemed to be quite well received so maybe the rock fraternity are clutching The Darkness to their denim clad bosoms again because of that. 

I've loved them pretty much from the first listen of the first album but I've literally only met about two people that reacted in a way other than negatively since then when I've said I'm a fan.

Everything they put out is great and although I've only seen them a handful of times full value has been delivered and a grand time had by all

Zutons, Tom Meighan and Noel Gallagher at Audley End before the Cov game. 

The Reytons in October. 

Antartic Monkeys playing the 02 again in September. They were great last time I seen them..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Zutons, Tom Meighan and Noel Gallagher at Audley End before the Cov game. 

The Reytons in October. 

Antartic Monkeys playing the 02 again in September. They were great last time I seen them..

Also looking forward to that Audley End gig 

• Like 1

On 30/06/2023 at 10:08, Voll Blau said:

Just scored tickets to Bloc Party at The Hairy Dog in Derby next month. Quite a coup for a little venue like that.

Hadn't seen them live for 11 years but they haven't lost it, and it was great to see them in a more intimate venue. The new drummer's great and Kele and Russell are just as imperious as they've always been. A few old classics got rolled off, but the newer stuff sounded good live too.

The guy on bass was someone who used to tour with Razorlight who recently filled in for them on another show. Not sure if that's a permanent line-up change.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

Going to see Noel Gallagher & Johnny Marr @ the Crystal Palace Bowl tonight. Also Primal Scream & Jesus & Marychain on August 4th & James & Happy Mondays on August 11th. Both also @ Crystal Palace Bowl.

Edited by PutneyFox

• 2 weeks later...