Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

In what way?

Everyone on their phones being the main one. But it just felt a bit flat for such a great venue. There were loads of people pushing by to go to the bar during good songs. It was like £50 to see them and they were only on for like 90 minutes, I just don't know why people can't wait lol I suppose it's similar to people down the footy. 

• Like 1

The Dead South in Wolverhampton on Saturday has gone South. The wife of one of the band members is going into labour early with their first child and they have headed home.

Springsteen has announced 2024 European Tour Dates, Cardiff on the Sunday of the May Day Bank Holiday would have been my choice but i'm already committed elsewhere. Sunderland a couple of weeks later is a possible or Wembley at the end of July.

I went to Dublin and Munich this year to see him but he seems to have mixed up the European Dates this time, some big cities but also including Cork, Kilkenny, Marseille, Nijmegen, Werchter, Hannover, Odense and Bergen in there. Some really nice cities but travel and hotel availability and prices may put me off.

Springsteen at Wembley and Croke Park Dublin. £300 in total for a decent seat at Wembley and standing in Dublin. £80 for the Travelodge at Kings Cross, £170 for one night at the Easy Hotel in Dublin (the best deal I could get in central Dublin, staying in a hostel was £100+) £80 return from Birmingham on Ryanair. It’s been an expensive few days. 

I knew Dublin was expensive when I went to see him there last year and made a weekend of it but it’s off the scale now, the same hotel I stayed in last year was 80% more expensive. 

Anyway in the presale for Green Day at Wembley in the morning and that’s it I’m done in respect of major artists for next year. 

27 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah I agree. Even the bands further down the bill aren’t great.

just seen the line up for Daytona in the US and Download looks like a tiny event by comparison.

Was hoping for rage against the machine, Alice in chains, Korn and maybe limp bizkit 😔

17 minutes ago, Andy11111 said:

Was hoping for rage against the machine, Alice in chains, Korn and maybe limp bizkit 😔

Usually get at least 1 or 2 bands like that but  nope.

Might be my age but most of the European festivals aren’t great at the minute, really fancied Rock Am Ring but that’s not great.

52 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Usually get at least 1 or 2 bands like that but  nope.

Might be my age but most of the European festivals aren’t great at the minute, really fancied Rock Am Ring but that’s not great.

Avenged sevenfold are garbage, if I was Pantera I'd refuse to play below them.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2023 at 10:20, RoboFox said:

Managed to get pre-sale for Green Day at Wembley in June. 

The process is always awful and Ticketmaster are scum. Utter cvnt company.

Can agree on that. Going with a friend from work and his wife, she likes to sit, not a problem. He bought the CD and got the artist presale code.

Chose the seating for the lower tier and it didn't matter how many times we refreshed we couldn't get anything other than behind the goal. Eventually gave in a purchased them.

This morning I had a look on another presale  i had for today and it was pick your block, sit where you want to. You want those decent seats down the side no problem. 

9 minutes ago, Livid said:

Can agree on that. Going with a friend from work and his wife, she likes to sit, not a problem. He bought the CD and got the artist presale code.

Chose the seating for the lower tier and it didn't matter how many times we refreshed we couldn't get anything other than behind the goal. Eventually gave in a purchased them.

This morning I had a look on another presale  i had for today and it was pick your block, sit where you want to. You want those decent seats down the side no problem. 

I was out and about at the time, was bang on time for 09:30 and the site seemed to just melt down. My order timed out during payment after having front pitch tickets sorted. 

Had to go through the entire process again, by which point I just panicked and went for general sale standing which I'm annoyed about. 

• Sad 1