Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hello

I've been a Leicester fan since childhood. The first match I remember was the 1963 cup final. I was born in London and have lived there all my life. My dad was from Leicester, my mum from London. We had a lot of family in Leicester. In the early sixties there were 5 London teams in the first division - we used to go to all the matches. Because thet were obviously away games we often lost! I remember so well beating Chelsea 2-0 at Stamford Bridge in 1964 or 65. It was quite some before I went to Filbert street. The first match I saw there was against Chelsea we drew 1-1 and missed a penalty!

• Like 1

Hello,

I started being a Leicester fan as a child and my first game was a home defeat to Preston in 2006. I have been a season ticket holder for 9 years which has coincided with our recent journey from bottom to top. I've enjoyed every minute of the highs and lows and when you look at some clubs who have the same old boring seasons year after year, say Ipswich, I couldn't have asked for a more fascinating club to support!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

This is Marco from France! i live near Bordeaux and i've been supporting the foxes since I was a teen.

My dad was born in England and grew up in Leicester. He was a Leicester City Supporter (favorite player: Franck Worthington)

Sadly he died three years ago from cancer

As i'm french, the french team I support is As Monaco!

I ****ing love Claudio Ranieri for what he achieved at both clubs!

I'm a huge music fan too!

Cheers!

• Like 2

Good morning!

New member here, but not new to foxestalk. I’ve been a ghost for many years, reading as a guest but finally decided to register.

Ive been a city fan all my life, and there was no choice initially.

i went to my first city game at the age of 4, and remember having a shirt with 7 on the back as Julian Joachim was my favourite player at the time.

i was a season ticket holder for many years, along with the many Wembley trips in the 90s etc.

i saw us lose to spurs, win against tranmere, and was lucky enough to be there for the Home defeat to athletico Madrid in the late 90s.

now 29, I don’t get to anywhere near the amount of games I would like to, but am still as passionate as I ever was.

glad to finally be a part of foxestalk!

• Like 1

Hello all. It’s been awhile since I was on here, so I’m reintroducing myself. I am in Indianapolis Indiana, I became a Leicester fan when I looked through my late mother’s genealogy records and discovered I had an ancestor from Leicester back in the 1500s! I couldn’t remember my ID to login until I finally found it today. I hope we stay up, I don’t get Championship matches on my tv anywhere.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Balgair said:

Hello all. It’s been awhile since I was on here, so I’m reintroducing myself. I am in Indianapolis Indiana, I became a Leicester fan when I looked through my late mother’s genealogy records and discovered I had an ancestor from Leicester back in the 1500s! I couldn’t remember my ID to login until I finally found it today. I hope we stay up, I don’t get Championship matches on my tv anywhere.

Well that is as good enough reason as any to stay in the Premiership :D

Welcome back x 

hey I have been a fan from early 2000 or late 90's my uncle was fan used to go watch the  Reserve team play at Kettering town and a few times at filbert street I have been season ticket holder from 2003 season apart from 4 years when I was at university. been looking on foxes talk for a while now so finally sign up to it    

• Like 1

Long time lurker (as is the norm), decided to join to crack a rubbish joke. Love the humour on FT, favourite topic ever: Cheeses Dinosaur. First ever Leicester game 1-0 against WHam, Steve Kember goal....which really dates me!!! Scary (but not as scary as THAT first visit to a Circus in Skeggy around the same time)Live in Overseal.

• Like 2

Groby for a bit in the 60’s
Lived round the corner from Graham Cross
Best matches ... Champions League
Worst ... 1-0 win away at Watford but didn’t realise how far I had to walk through the allotments so missed the goal in the first minute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Call me a bandwagon jumper...I'm in the USA, have followed the EPL for the past several years but have always adopted one team at the start of a season and stuck with them. I didn't start out following the Foxes during their title season, but thst's when they became my team. I root for the underdog - and  I consider what they did the equivalent of the USA Olympic Hockey Team's 'Miracle on Ice' or baseball's 1969 Miracle Mets (look them up...lol).

I'm fascinated that with the deck stacked to heavily in favor of the big teams this team found a way during one historic season, so naturally I was drawn to 'what happens next'.  I'm not expecting a repeat any tine soon, but I'm a big fan of several of the players, love the fan support and enjoy their counter-attacking style.  Really want to get to a match at the King Power sometime soon.

• Like 1

On 27/11/2017 at 19:28, woollett the bullet said:

evening guys weekends here again.

new parks born and bred .Been watching city since '70 ,71. Pop side then kop now sk 4. Following ft couple of years now thought I'd have a dabble. Love all the analysis but especially the craic keep it up.

Don't tell us what to do.

• Haha 2

On 27/11/2017 at 19:28, woollett the bullet said:

evening guys weekends here again.

new parks born and bred .Been watching city since '70 ,71. Pop side then kop now sk 4. Following ft couple of years now thought I'd have a dabble. Love all the analysis but especially the craic keep it up.

Love the moniker.