Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Phunny (Funny) Photos / Pictures

3 hours ago, MPH said:

I get so bored in interviews. i was once asked

” what are your listening skills like?”

i replied with

” i’m sorry could you repeat the question”?

True story.

i would have hired you on the spot

3 hours ago, MPH said:

I get so bored in interviews. i was once asked

” what are your listening skills like?”

i replied with

” i’m sorry could you repeat the question”?

True story.

52 minutes ago, Beliall said:

i would have hired you on the spot

32 minutes ago, MPH said:

i did get the job actually 😁

Back in '95, when I was at Radio Leicester, I got invited to apply for a Senior Sports Role at IRN (Independent Radio News, basically ITN radio).

During the interview, they asked me why I applied for the job.

I said: "Well because you asked me to."

They offered me the job!! (Despite a pay rise of a third of what I was on, I actually turned it down. Life isn't always about money.)

Can't remember who put me forward for it, nor why they offered me the job, presumably it was a weak set of candidates, all seemed very random in hindsight.

No regrets, all this stuff happens for a reason.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Back in '95, when I was at Radio Leicester, I got invited to apply for a Senior Sports Role at IRN (Independent Radio News, basically ITN radio).

During the interview, they asked me why I applied for the job.

I said: "Well because you asked me to."

They offered me the job!! (Despite a pay rise of a third of what I was on, I actually turned it down. Life isn't always about money.)

Can't remember who put me forward for it, nor why they offered me the job, presumably it was a weak set of candidates, all seemed very random in hindsight.

No regrets, all this stuff happens for a reason.

Not a job interview but a friend of mine worked on the money markets.He was telling me about when he interviews what he looks for.In that line of business the last thing he wants to hear is” I like spending my evenings reading the FT” Best employee he had was a labourer who worked in his dads bookies at times.

Anyway,he told me that as they are just heading for the door afterwards he asks them “what is 1/2 of 99?” Apparently it stumps quite a few,I answered small ice cream no flake!!

He said he would have hired anyone if they had said that.

Except me!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

Not a job interview but a friend of mine worked on the money markets.He was telling me about when he interviews what he looks for.In that line of business the last thing he wants to hear is” I like spending my evenings reading the FT” Best employee he had was a labourer who worked in his dads bookies at times.

Anyway,he told me that as they are just heading for the door afterwards he asks them “what is 1/2 of 99?” Apparently it stumps quite a few,I answered small ice cream no flake!!

He said he would have hired anyone if they had said that.

Except me!

when i was head chef at the slug and lettuce in Hove, the manager made up custom application forms that included a 2 spaces for applicants to draw what they looked like happy, and sad. obviously he was looking for smiley faces in both boxes. its the dumbest thing i ever saw.

• Haha 1

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The woke, triggered left going into meltdown after a Tory posts a photo with some teabags.

(Although there was no meltdown when Corbyn did similar in 2017, obviously.)
Yorkshire Tea have their say... THREAD

the whhole thing is pathetic, but I would expect nothing less from tea drinkers :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The woke, triggered left going into meltdown after a Tory posts a photo with some teabags.

My favourite reply was when someone said they shouldn't associate with the Tories and they said "That's not how shopping works" lol

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Beliall said:

the whhole thing is pathetic, but I would expect nothing less from tea drinkers :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

My favourite reply was when someone said they shouldn't associate with the Tories and they said "That's not how shopping works" lol

"Boris uses Twitter and breathes oxygen - let's boycott those too."

It's all got a bit silly.

• Like 2

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

"Boris uses Twitter and breathes oxygen - let's boycott those too."

It's all got a bit silly.

It's all a bit daft. I can sort of understand if a company openly backs a political party or a side on Brexit, even though I still think it's petty. There was that London plumbers that put up the "Bollocks to Brexit signs. I can understand a Brexit supporter not wanting to use them. And same the other way with Dyson. But like I say, still a tad petty. I voted remain, but I'd still buy a Dyson as they are good vacuum cleaners.

But to go mad and boycott one because someone you don't agree with happens to buy that product is proper mental.

15 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Some people have gone completely bonkers over the last few years. (From all sides)

A friend of mine is now refusing to watch anything by Steve Coogan because of his comments before the last election.

Most incredible personal anecdote was before the Southampton game I saw an old work colleague (pure people's vote fodder) in the High Cross who had previously claimed he was boycotting Wetherspoons on Facebook because of Tim Martin.

I memtioned it quite jokingly and his reply...

"I'm not really in here" - said with authority, with a completely straight face, while he standing bang at the middle of the bar drinking a pint of beer.

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

Anybody emotionally attached to teabags is a moron.

Especially as they aren't in your life long after you use them.

Unless you're one of those weirdos that has a one of those little trays to put them one because taking it to the bin is too much effort.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It's all a bit daft. I can sort of understand if a company openly backs a political party or a side on Brexit, even though I still think it's petty. There was that London plumbers that put up the "Bollocks to Brexit signs. I can understand a Brexit supporter not wanting to use them. And same the other way with Dyson. But like I say, still a tad petty. I voted remain, but I'd still buy a Dyson as they are good vacuum cleaners.

But to go mad and boycott one because someone you don't agree with happens to buy that product is proper mental.

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Anybody emotionally attached to teabags is a moron.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Some people have gone completely bonkers over the last few years. (From all sides)

A friend of mine is now refusing to watch anything by Steve Coogan because of his comments before the last election.

Most incredible personal anecdote was before the Southampton game I saw an old work colleague (pure people's vote fodder) in the High Cross who had previously claimed he was boycotting Wetherspoons on Facebook because of Tim Martin.

I mentioned it quite jokingly and his reply...

"I'm not really in here" - said with authority, with a completely straight face, while he standing bang at the middle of the bar drinking a pint of beer.

All this woke stuff and virtue signalling is getting out of hand isn't it.

People should just get on with life and try and enjoy our existence on the planet.