Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Phunny (Funny) Photos / Pictures

6 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Can always rely on a BMW driver to attempt to drive through the flooded bridge in Thurmaston. It's become something of a local attraction whenever it rains. Here's a nice little compilation lol

FB_IMG_1581854939472.jpg

They think they're invincible and that their car gives them immunity from everything driving related

4 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Wouldn't mind if the same section didn't flood every time there was heavy rain. Over 30 years my family have lived in thurmaston, every time it rains, stuck car. Unbelievable. 

If you can't see the pavement, don't attempt it, simple as that. I grew up just round the corner and my mum still lives there, if its rained and I'm going round, I'll always text and ask if its passable.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

If you can't see the pavement, don't attempt it, simple as that. I grew up just round the corner and my mum still lives there, if its rained and I'm going round, I'll always text and ask if its passable.

Exactly. It's not even like going round is a massive deal, adds what, 5 minutes to go down silverdale and along humberstone lane. Would never risk my car for 5 minutes ffs. lol

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Who? The "bridge warden"?

Actually Sileby has a "flood warden" who will put up the "road closed/flood" signs which he carries on his bike.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

That's sweet. Does she go round the corner and take a look at how many BMWs are stuck?

No, she just tells my if shes knows or not lol Going round might involve some walking, and that'd never happen 

Edited by Facecloth
  • Haha 1

On 17/02/2020 at 02:44, Innovindil said:

Wouldn't mind if the same section didn't flood every time there was heavy rain. Over 30 years my family have lived in thurmaston, every time it rains, stuck car. Unbelievable. 

On 17/02/2020 at 02:47, Parafox said:

They think they're invincible and that their car gives them immunity from everything driving related

Similar in Oz.... doesnt flood as much, we suffer more with people driving into... which has led to the creation of a website lol

https://howmanydayssincebayswaterbridgehasbeenhit.com/

And a funny pic of the "Bridge fighting back" by dropping a sign on....an Audi lol

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1