Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Albums you haven't listened to for ages but then when you do listen to them you wonder why you didn't listen to them for ages

• 4 weeks later...

On 15/08/2023 at 13:31, BrummieFOX said:

image.jpeg.894db40bf629c0eee436e811d6416692.jpeg

Came to Warren Zevon relatively quite late, but he's a superb lyricist and this is such a listenable album despite being pretty dark in places. 

Was just coming in to this thread to post this:

220px-Warren_Zevon_-_Warren_Zevon.jpg

Love a bit of Warren Zevon. 

Desperados Under The Eaves is one of my all time favourite songs. Anyone who can turn the sound of an air conditioner in to an iconic hook is a musical genius to be honest. 

But yeah definitely a massively soulful lyricist. You know you're doing something right when Bob Dylan has called you the musician's musician. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Was just coming in to this thread to post this:

220px-Warren_Zevon_-_Warren_Zevon.jpg

Love a bit of Warren Zevon. 

Desperados Under The Eaves is one of my all time favourite songs. Anyone who can turn the sound of an air conditioner in to an iconic hook is a musical genius to be honest. 

But yeah definitely a massively soulful lyricist. You know you're doing something right when Bob Dylan has called you the musician's musician. 

Haha yeh, that was a brave move and I love this album too. As I say, only properly got into him a few years back and still have a fair bit of his discography to listen to. 

As well as that, I think Dylan named "Time out of Mind" after the lyric in Like a Martyr.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Filbert_Ross said:

just dipped into this thread for first time in a while after listening to Morrissey - You're Are The Quarry and a track came straight on after from this album on Spotify. 

im a bit drunk and since put on the first Kasabian album. Brilliant. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Vs. (Pearl Jam album) - Wikipedia

Go into Animal gives me euphoric/traumatic memories of not touching the ground for about seven minutes at Leeds Festival '06.

Arguably my favourite PJ album. Ten is obviously legendary but I love the intensity of Vs. Go is up there with my top PJ tracks for sure, what an opener.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, goody2028 said:

One of my favourite records ever. Looking forward to them coming back now. 

I preferred the second album but a great duo either way. Saw them at De Montfort in 2016 and they were brilliant. Did a Beatles cover too of 'I Want You (She's So Heavy)' which was brilliant and really good to hear live.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...