Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm having this argument with my daughter, she's like you Carl, does most of her calls/texts on whatsapp. She's bought a new phone and her sim won't fit so now she's convinced she can't get the same deal anymore.

She probably can but in any case what's the problem with the sim?  If she has a normal sim card and the phone only takes micro sim there are plenty of online tutorials showing you how to cut it down to the right size without ruining it.  If she has a microsim and the phone needs a normal one then she just needs to buy a cheap plastic adapter casing.

27 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'm having this argument with my daughter, she's like you Carl, does most of her calls/texts on whatsapp. She's bought a new phone and her sim won't fit so now she's convinced she can't get the same deal anymore.

I've got a sim cutter if you want it?

21 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

She probably can but in any case what's the problem with the sim?  If she has a normal sim card and the phone only takes micro sim there are plenty of online tutorials showing you how to cut it down to the right size without ruining it.  If she has a microsim and the phone needs a normal one then she just needs to buy a cheap plastic adapter casing.

It's too big, I've told her you can cut it down but she won't.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I've got a sim cutter if you want it?

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

She could even buy a sim-cutter of amazon or something.  It's not a problem at all lol

She reckons the chip is too big :dunno:

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

Can you still get a normal Pay as You Go mobile phone or do you have to get one of those time limited bundles?

I've just changed my phone from an android to an iPhone; I just asked BT for a new SIM. My contract remains the same.

Who is her provider?

8 hours ago, Webbo said:

She reckons the chip is too big :dunno:

I'm sure I've called the network in the past to request SIMs of different sizes without being charged.

I've also wrecked a SIM card without doing anything as dramatic as cutting it, so if you do go down that route, do be careful!

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

I've just changed my phone from an android to an iPhone; I just asked BT for a new SIM. My contract remains the same.

Who is her provider?

EE (Orange) it's not a contract though. I'm sure she'll be alright, she's just being silly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-37572943?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

I'm missing the point here, can someone explain why people would turn down honours from the queen? (MBE, CBE, Knighthoods) what is so offensive about being recognised in this way?

bowie delined a CBE, French and Saunders turned down a MBE (i think) Why?

Edited by Beliall

7 minutes ago, Beliall said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-37572943?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

I'm missing the point here, can someone explain why people would turn down honours from the queen? (MBE, CBE, Knighthoods) what is so offensive about being recognised in this way?

Perhaps they disagree with idea of an honours system.

I like to think I'd turn one down, but I'd probably accept it in a flash, tell everyone, and flash my gong in the pub (ooh-er) at every available opportunity in an attempt to get free pints and win sexual favours from local wenches.

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

It may be the fact that they refer to the British Empire.

Does anyone have a dehumidifier? I'm getting a lot of dust collecting in my house since the kitchen work was done, my PC is gathering it rather quickly, no matter how many times I mop the house is caked in dust a few hours later, with the kids and dog running around, so will a dehumidifier work in keeping it a bit lot cleaner?

Edited by Beliall

23 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Does anyone have a dehumidifier? I'm getting a lot of dust collecting in my house since the kitchen work was done, my PC is gathering it rather quickly, no matter how many times I mop the house is caked in dust a few hours later, with the kids and dog running around, so will a dehumidifier work in keeping it a bit lot cleaner?

Dehumidifiers take moisture from the air, why would it affect dust?