Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Not a question but a moral dilemma. Nigh on every journey I get the bus home from work there's a chap on it who looks like an unwashed Roy Hodgson, his nasal hair could pass as a moustache it's that garish. But he ****ing stinks something chronic. Here's the dilemma lads. Is it cruel or a sign of tough love to tell someone to just wrap a flannel round the key areas at the very least? People move away from him on the bus he's that bloody potent.

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not a question but a moral dilemma. Nigh on every journey I get the bus home from work there's a chap on it who looks like an unwashed Roy Hodgson, his nasal hair could pass as a moustache it's that garish. But he ****ing stinks something chronic. Here's the dilemma lads. Is it cruel or a sign of tough love to tell someone to just wrap a flannel round the key areas at the very least? People move away from him on the bus he's that bloody potent.

Leave it, nowt to do with you ....    But if you really feel the need to get involved be prepared for a reaction that is not what you expected.  

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Don't think it's cruel, but he must know if it's that bad? And if he does, well then saying something probably won't make a difference?

4 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

You met Dangerous Tiger????

2 hours ago, theessexfox said:

Going to the post office tomorrow evening to post a letter which needs delivering by Thursday. What's the best way to guarantee this without paying a fortune for next day delivery? 

Special Delivery is the only service Royal Mail offer that guarantees a delivery time.  I reckon it starts at about £6. 

With first class they "aim to deliver next day" , so no guarantee.  Recorded (signed for) is treated exactly same as ordinary post, except it is signed for.

If you are sending something Special Delivery that will end up costing you money as a result of it being late (e.g. cheque), then there is an extra insurance called Consequential Loss, but that's extra cost.

You should be ok with First Class, but it comes with a risk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Every time I visit the site, I'm being asked: Do you want to open or save controltag.js (25.8 KB) from cdn.krxd.net.

It's only happening on this site - is anyone else seeing it?

I'm not. Put it in feedback and support so Mark sees what you're saying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Every time I visit the site, I'm being asked: Do you want to open or save controltag.js (25.8 KB) from cdn.krxd.net.

It's only happening on this site - is anyone else seeing it?

Does it just happen on here?

I searched that on google and got these

http://passionford.com/forum/bug-reports-and-feature-suggestions/487619-save-file-pop-up.html

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/automatic-downloads-from-cdnkrxdnet-controltagjs/eef8f259-8488-4185-b8fb-d800fef93a86?auth=1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Why are there holes in bagels? What's the point?

I think it's something to do with the cooking process. Gives it more surface area that a cob would have, and the boiling affects the area nearest the surface.

• Like 1