Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

21 minutes ago, Beliall said:

My 12 year old daughter would like to know:

Why do black people get free stuff on Black Friday lol 

Can't wait till she hears about cyber monday

Try explaining white goods to her..

• Like 1

Had an interview on Tuesday and got call from employer earlier saying I can start next week.

However, I can't find my most recent P45 from previous company; would payroll be able to process me successfully without one or do I really need to find it (I'm guessing the latter (!))?

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Had an interview on Tuesday and got call from employer earlier saying I can start next week.

However, I can't find my most recent P45 from previous company; would payroll be able to process me successfully without one or do I really need to find it (I'm guessing the latter (!))?

There is another form, p46 I think, which your new company will probably give you in the absence of a p45. It wont be a big problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Well done Wymesy on getting the job.  What sort of thing will you be doing, if you don't mind me asking?

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Well done mate! Must have been that expert interview advice that I gave you and you never thanked me for lol

14 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Well done mate! Must have been that expert interview advice that I gave you and you never thanked me for lol

Genuinely forgot, sorry and thanks. :)

21 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Well done Wymesy on getting the job.  What sort of thing will you be doing, if you don't mind me asking?

Quality Control Technician. Will do for time being.

2 hours ago, Barky said:

There is another form, p46 I think, which your new company will probably give you in the absence of a p45. It wont be a big problem.

Thanks for that. Forgot about p46's.

• Like 2

Just now, Samilktray said:

Is going from driving a small car (corsa) to an estate a hard transition to get used to? 

My Corsa is on its last legs (god bless its soul) and I've been given a relatives old company car to drive until I want to buy something new but its really fvcking big.

probably not.

I went from driving a Ford Fiesta Zetec to a MPV Nissan pick-up truck for a couple of weeks and found it quite easy to adapt. 

I'd just take it round a quiet street or quiet area and drive round for a bit getting used to it. 

9 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Is going from driving a small car (corsa) to an estate a hard transition to get used to? 

My Corsa is on its last legs (god bless its soul) and I've been given a relatives old company car to drive until I want to buy something new but its really fvcking big.

I went from a tiny fiesta (up until that point the only car I'd driven) to a relatively massive mondeo years ago and was a bit worried about parking and stuff, but no problems, you just have to be aware of the larger size and take your time especially when reversing. Actually driving the car didn't feel much different size wise, maybe felt a bit more stable but that's about it.

Edited by Barky

15 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

if you sit in the back it will be harder to reach the pedals and steer

23 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

You'll be reet. New cars have rear sensors etc, so parking isn't as much a worry as it might have been. It'll take a bit of adjusting, but soon when you drive a small car following an estate/bigger car, it'll be like driving a kart and feel much more alien than the transition to a bigger car.

Can any of you who spend a lot of time in an office, working at a desk recommend a good quality ergonomic chair? the web is filled with many different kinds, some at ridiculous prices, so anything you can recommend i would take a look at. thanks

1 minute ago, FLAN said:

I work from home and have a chair from ikea. Stuck a cushion on it and it's fine. I've had ergonomic chairs before but honestly this is fine. 

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/chairs-stools-benches/office-chairs/skålberg-sporren-swivel-chair-black-white-spr-39023604/ 

that looks more uncomfortable than the iron throne :0

On 12/6/2016 at 19:04, Beliall said:

Can any of you who spend a lot of time in an office, working at a desk recommend a good quality ergonomic chair? the web is filled with many different kinds, some at ridiculous prices, so anything you can recommend i would take a look at. thanks

In all honesty... see if you can get something like this. Ive been sat at desks for 20+ years and no chair is good for that.... these things look to be a brilliant option. (IMO)

Image result for standing up addition desk

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

In all honesty... see if you can get something like this. Ive been sat at desks for 20+ years and no chair is good for that.... these things look to be a brilliant option. (IMO)

Image result for standing up addition desk

That looks pretty good

22 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Trying to think of somewhere nice to take my girlfriend in London for Christmas. Would wanna get vouchers for it as I can't book anything, I don't know when she's working yet. Any ideas?

I think she's working Boxing Day mate, I'll check when she's done in the shower.

35 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Trying to think of somewhere nice to take my girlfriend in London for Christmas. Would wanna get vouchers for it as I can't book anything, I don't know when she's working yet. Any ideas?

Could do worse than taking her up the Emirates

Edited by Mike Oxlong

17 hours ago, theessexfox said:

there's a nice cocktail bar I went to recently called The Alchemist. It's near Monument.

London Eye? Sky Gardens at the top of the Walkie Talkie building. Go to The Shard?