Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

35 minutes ago, Buce said:

4" nails to hang a picture!? Jesus, Strokes, I hope you're a better sparks than you are at DIY.

a) you shouldn't be nailing anything into a wall, whether it be plaster, plasterboard or masonry. Rawlplug and screws always,

and, b) depending on the weight of the picture, it shouldn't require anything over an inch and a half, two inch maximum.

The only exception would be if it's a false wall with a gap behind the plasterboard, in which case you should use cavity fixing screws.

Bloody cowboys. lol

It's for a picture of Daniel Lambert. He needed a big nail to take the weight.

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Thanks.

Not necessarily the room and the nail going through to show on the other side; it's more the stuff between the walls :) 

Seems like I'll be okay though with just nails and given the info above, I don't think I'll be anywhere near any sockets or electrical wiring

What's wrong with these things for pictures. These are all I used in a stud wall. On a very heavy frame I use ones with two nails.

Screen Shot 2016-08-27 at 6.38.23 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-08-27 at 6.44.11 AM.jpg

3 hours ago, Buce said:

4" nails to hang a picture!? Jesus, Strokes, I hope you're a better sparks than you are at DIY.

a) you shouldn't be nailing anything into a wall, whether it be plaster, plasterboard or masonry. Rawlplug and screws always,

and, b) depending on the weight of the picture, it shouldn't require anything over an inch and a half, two inch maximum.

The only exception would be if it's a false wall with a gap behind the plasterboard, in which case you should use cavity fixing screws.

Bloody cowboys. lol

That really depends on the size and weight of the picture or mirrors buce, some antique frames can weigh a lot. Obviously I would plug and screw but not everyone possesses a drill, and nailing is adequate if you use the correct nails.

I mentioned the cavity fixings for a dry wall 

28 minutes ago, Strokes said:

That really depends on the size and weight of the picture or mirrors buce, some antique frames can weigh a lot. Obviously I would plug and screw but not everyone possesses a drill, and nailing is adequate if you use the correct nails.

I mentioned the cavity fixings for a dry wall 

Fair enough, mate.

I was only teasing. lol

19 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

If drilling to put a screw in just above (say) a wall unit, double check there isn't a socket behind it that you didn't even know existed.  I know someone who didn't do this and the bang knocked me ...   Sorry him ! ...   Off the ladder.  :blush:

He sounds like a right plonker CF...

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Any good??

****ing knew it. +1 for predicability

57 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Is der gay ladies on there ? 

Or or do gay ladies use tinder ? 

Grindr ? Sounds like a meeting place for metal shop workers 

No idea. maybe they have one called Fuzzbumpr

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yeah I'm payg on Vodaphone.  Don't see the point forking out monthly for a contract when it's cheaper to do all your calls and texts on whatsapp and just top up your credit every so often.  Paying about a tenner a month.

Is there a minimum spend per month?

Just now, Webbo said:

Is there a minimum spend per month?

Only if you want one of their 'big value bundles' as they call it.  I chip in a tenner to make sure I get a bit of 4g the few times I'm not hooked up to wifi, though that said the 4g hasn't been working since my last top-up. lol