Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

3 hours ago, pSinatra said:

359e9a55-a162-4005-ad39-09da4c032d64_zps

2016-08-06%2011.10.16_zpsiivb1pjc.jpg

I've been moving a big pile of boulders today that I've had in the corner of my garden for a few years & I found this.  I live near a brook, so I thought it could be a newt, but I've never seen one this colour before.  Anyone know what it is?

Female smooth/common newt, probably

• Like 2

Guest seanfox778

What's the name for the phenomenon of getting a series of green lights on your car journey? Is there a name for it or am I imagining there's one? 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Anyone else noticed shop prices in general have been quite inexpensive since Brexit?

It certainly isnt the armageddon we were being told is it

I asekd this in olympic thread, why on the BBC in the studio is the sky always cloudy in Brazil (It was during the WC as well)? Yet its a clear blue sky everywhere else.

Guest seanfox778
2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

luck

34 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Colourblindness

After some extensive Googling I found it's called 'The Green Wave' (you can tell I'm having a thrilling day).

23 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If you want to start your own business up,  is it difficult to get a bank loan to help you with the first couple of weeks/months?

Depends on many factors I think. Some banks want a War and Peace business plan, security on the loan and financial projections before they'll even entertain the idea. Others are less stringent depending on the amount you want to borrow. If you've got a decent credit rating, your own bank might might offer you a normal loan if you just need funds for a few weeks/months to get you started, and you might not even need to specify its for a business start up. Often you can get a personal loan up to £20k for a holiday/car etc. so could go down that route. And you could also look at government start up support for new businesses. I'd maybe start by having an informal chat with your small business advisor at your local branch. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2016 at 12:54, seanfox778 said:

What's the name for the phenomenon of getting a series of green lights on your car journey? Is there a name for it or am I imagining there's one? 

You are correct and the word you are thinking of is ...

Luckybastardness (adjective) ....    To come across a series of green lights when travelling by car.

As opposed to a similar but nevertheless different word ...

Extremelyfookinluckybastardness (adjective) ....    1. To describe a  bloke who always shags the best looking girls at parties.   2. To encounter nothing but green lights on a complete journey.

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 12:54, seanfox778 said:

On the rare occasion that this happens I say: " Eh up, I'm eating my greens ". Dunno why, perhaps I heard someone else say it.

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I recently got caught speeding but it was the first time so I have been offered a course with no points. However my car insurance is up for renewal next month, do I have to mention this?

If you go on the course you do not get any points. So no you do not need to mention this to the insurance people.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I recently got caught speeding but it was the first time so I have been offered a course with no points. However my car insurance is up for renewal next month, do I have to mention this?

Only if they ask about it specifically; a speed awareness course isn't a motoring conviction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Me too.

I googled it and it was suggested that it may invalidate any claim that you make if you don't mention it.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2016/jan/27/why-speed-awareness-course-could-hike-up-insurance-premiums

Edited by Buce

7 hours ago, Unabomber said:

when I got caught speeding and did the course, the teacher in the course said the insurance companies shouldn't charge you extra as punishment because you've taken the course. 

Likewise, police can't use it against you in future either if you got caught speeding.

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

when I got caught speeding and did the course, the teacher in the course said the insurance companies shouldn't charge you extra as punishment because you've taken the course. 

Likewise, police can't use it against you in future either if you got caught speeding.

Some insurers eg admiral, elephant etc will ask on Renewal, and will hike up the price.  I know this, cus it happened to me