Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

59 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

As many Bucies there are who try to be funny and look down on others..

:thumbup:

Guilty to the former, but I don't look down on you, Whymsey - you're one of my favourite posters.. :(

Maybe you're being a bit over-sensitive?

How many foxestalkers does it take to change a lightbulb?

Two. One to ask for a new lightbulb and the other to misinterpret his request for a new lighbulb as a criticism of the record of Nigel Pearson and a thinly-veiled attack on the white working-class people of this country.

• Like 3

On 10/12/2016 at 22:09, Wymeswold fox said:

One for the electricians.

I replaced a lightbulb for a hanging light with a new one (same brand and correct voltage as before) - but after just an hour it's gone out..

Any advice on what to do?

Switch it back on you numpty !

• Like 2

k so I unplugged the hdmi from the tele to put into the Xbox last night. swapped it back again this morning and the tele comes back on seemingly working fine except no pictures? so full menus, listings, can get on demand can browse what's been recorded but no pictures of anything on actual tele. what could I possibly have pulled out by accident? or pressed? anyone know? 

aka this happens like in that pic that is sideways cos cba 

IMG_2431.JPG

4 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

k so I unplugged the hdmi from the tele to put into the Xbox last night. swapped it back again this morning and the tele comes back on seemingly working fine except no pictures? so full menus, listings, can get on demand can browse what's been recorded but no pictures of anything on actual tele. what could I possibly have pulled out by accident? or pressed? anyone know? 

aka this happens like in that pic that is sideways cos cba 

IMG_2431.JPG

Turn it off at the wall. Wait 30 secs, and turn it back on. Looks like your Virgin box has an issue.

Just now, sphericalfox said:

Turn it off at the wall. Wait 30 secs, and turn it back on. Looks like your Virgin box has an issue.

yeh I've tried that a lot of times. nothing doing. obviously not a hdmi issue which is the only thing I planned to touch cos the menus wouldn't be there if it was. weird and annoying. 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

yeh I've tried that a lot of times. nothing doing. obviously not a hdmi issue which is the only thing I planned to touch cos the menus wouldn't be there if it was. weird and annoying. 

if you're getting the Virgin telly menus, then it's not the telly or the hdmi connections. You'll likely have to either find a solution via some Virgin FAQ or painfully ring them.

23 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

if you're getting the Virgin telly menus, then it's not the telly or the hdmi connections. You'll likely have to either find a solution via some Virgin FAQ or painfully ring them.

yeah gonna be a phone call job. but it's a houseshare and we're not the account holders so that'll probably get nowhere either. good times. 

I have 2 questions.

1 - I am moving house soon and at our family home I have a virgin multi room box in my room, is there any chance this box will work in my new house?

2 - What is the best tv I can get for less than £500.

Any help would be much appreciated.