Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

4 hours ago, oakman said:

Any Manga fans on here?

Just started buying Xmas presents for my nephews and I'm looking for graphic novel recommendations.

Thoughts are with Roystons family if that chicken finished him off.

Not after our endeavours there in the early 00s. Bad time for the club so don't get why anyone would be fan of it. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Has anyone got a Ring doorbell? Are they any good?

No, but i have the google nest doorbell cam. Had it for  about 5 months. Its great. No complaints. There is a slight delay when the doorbell pressed until you hear it but maybe 1 to 2 seconds tops. Love leaving it on while cooking and can see my kids playing on the driveway.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

No, but i have the google nest doorbell cam. Had it for  about 5 months. Its great. No complaints. There is a slight delay when the doorbell pressed until you hear it but maybe 1 to 2 seconds tops. Love leaving it on while cooking and can see my kids playing on the driveway.

That's expensive! Although it does offer more than the Ring with regards to video.

Looking at one of the entry level ones for about 90 quid. The advantage for me is that it connects to the Alexa's that we have, as opposed to the nest.

32 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

That's expensive! Although it does offer more than the Ring with regards to video.

Looking at one of the entry level ones for about 90 quid. The advantage for me is that it connects to the Alexa's that we have, as opposed to the nest.

Either will be decent. I watched way too mny comparison videos before i bought. If you've got Alexa then  ring will probably be better for you. Did you do any youtube reviews for the specific model you want to get?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Either will be decent. I watched way too mny comparison videos before i bought. If you've got Alexa then  ring will probably be better for you. Did you do any youtube reviews for the specific model you want to get?

No, I've read up a few reviews though. They vary, but like most things, you're more likely to post a bad experience as opposed to a good one. 

Ring seem to have cornered the market, so they must be pretty good.

I am seeing a bit about the lag though, although a lot of people are putting that down to internet connection.

The Mrs is keen to get one, been going on about it for a while.

I saw one in Morrisons last week on offer, a Mitech 2, it was only 35 quid and had some good reviews. Usually around the £90 mark, but they've sold out in our local shops and they aren't on their website.

Wouldn't have minded trying it out for that price.

So instead of paying full price for that, I thought I'd go with the established brand for a similar cost.

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

No, I've read up a few reviews though. They vary, but like most things, you're more likely to post a bad experience as opposed to a good one. 

Ring seem to have cornered the market, so they must be pretty good.

I am seeing a bit about the lag though, although a lot of people are putting that down to internet connection.

The Mrs is keen to get one, been going on about it for a while.

I saw one in Morrisons last week on offer, a Mitech 2, it was only 35 quid and had some good reviews. Usually around the £90 mark, but they've sold out in our local shops and they aren't on their website.

Wouldn't have minded trying it out for that price.

So instead of paying full price for that, I thought I'd go with the established brand for a similar cost.

You could wait till boxing day to see of ring prices drop too??? Just be ready to buy as soon as sales start lol

19 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Good shout that! 

Should really have bought one a few months ago so I could keep track of all the bloody parcels arriving for Xmas lol

....creep on the sexy neighbour walking past.... lol

Its amazing how much these things can see in their view. Wide angles!

• Haha 1

My new car is quite big and it’s a struggle parking it in today’s poxy small car park spaces. It’s getting scratched and dented because most parking spaces these days are just too tight.

Can I therefore park it across two spaces and buy two tickets?
No doubt people will see it and moan but I can’t see an issue if I’ve bought a ticket for both spaces?

:dunno:

• Like 1

@Beliall

Have you heard of something called Discord?

My lad is on it all day talking about some game called Rocket League but I’ve no idea how safe it is or if there’s adult content on it.

I guess I just need to trust him but he’s only 11 and a bit impressionable.

Thanks 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

@Beliall

My lad is on it all day talking about some game called Rocket League but I’ve no idea how safe it is or if there’s adult content on it.

Thanks 

I've used discord, but not for gaming. I'm in a group about the sports streaming service I use and one about betting offers. It seems to be one person host a server and you can just send messages on it. I don't think you can send pictures or videos. The person running the group can set rules and ban links or abusive messages. Seems pretty safe to me, but my use has been limited.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

@Beliall

Thanks 

yeah i use discord daily and run a few servers. would be happy to talk with you about in more detail via dm 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Beliall said:

yeah i use discord daily and run a few servers. would be happy to talk with you about in more detail via dm 

Bless you mate, thanks. I’ll send you a DM later. Cheers :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

What’s better in a jumper, merino or lambswool?

Depends on its function.

Merino is softer, lighter and has better wicking properties, which will keep you warm when it's cold, cool when it's warm; I wouldn't wear anything else for hiking. For casual wear, I couldn't say, but I imagine lambswool is cheaper and merino would probably be a bit of overkill.

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Depends on its function.

Merino is softer, lighter and has better wicking properties, which will keep you warm when it's cold, cool when it's warm; I wouldn't wear anything else for hiking. For casual wear, I couldn't say, but I imagine lambswool is cheaper and merino would probably be a bit of overkill.

Thanks a lot mate. 

Has anyone ever hired and operated a mini digger?

I have a chunk of garden that needs to be scraped clear and I have the option of hiring one for self use, or hiring one with an operator.

How difficult are they to get the hang of? 

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

I have a chunk of garden that needs to be scraped clear and I have the option of hiring one for self use, or hiring one with an operator.

I had no problem

990481a7175b3b57fed0b871324a78cf.thumb.jpg.82f66c975698c789717470cffc811e0f.jpg

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Milo said:

Not as easy as you think unless you intend to use it a lot or have plenty of time to practice ...    if a one off use or even just a few times I'd get the operator ...   costs a good bit more but worth it.

(If you want to use it a lot get the missus to buy you a second hand one for Christmas ...   soon repays itself when you hire it out ...   :thumbup:)  

• Like 1