Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

57 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Got drunk last night and ate a tub of raw chicken.

No ill effects as of yet so have i got away with it or is the worst still to come?

When I got food poisoning from undercooked chicken I was violently ill that evening. Unbearable pain, vomiting etc and on the verge of going to the hospital. Would've only been a few hours after eating. I've had it happen twice, both similar time frame for being ill. I'd imagine you'll be fine based on my own experience but obviously can't say for sure.

2 minutes ago, Kopic said:

When I got food poisoning from undercooked chicken I was violently ill that evening. Unbearable pain, vomiting etc and on the verge of going to the hospital. Would've only been a few hours after eating. I've had it happen twice, both similar time frame for being ill. I'd imagine you'll be fine based on my own experience but obviously can't say for sure.

Hope so. Id rather my wife never told me so i dont spend the next week worrying. I feel fine but just a question of how long it takes to feel the effects.

3 hours ago, Royston. said:

Drunk enough not to read the label on the tub. It was fillets in bread crumbs so i assumed it was ok. Tasted fine and to be honest i'd be none the wiser if the missus hadnt pointed out to me it was raw.

Are you sure it was actually raw, and not cooked but needed heating up? Usually the chicken in bread crumbs is pre cooked, and drunk or not I'd be surprised if you could eat raw chicken without noticing. Raw chicken would be really slimy and wouldn't taste anything like cooked I wouldn't have thought 

4 hours ago, Royston. said:

Got drunk last night and ate a tub of raw chicken.

No ill effects as of yet so have i got away with it or is the worst still to come?

Threat of food poisoning on the way. You'll start to feel it within 24-48 hours no doubt.

3 hours ago, Kopic said:

Pretty much this.

It's as if someone has Chinese-burned your stomach and kept it twisted for a good length of time. Started to sweat profusely and went hot and cold several times. You feel extremely nauseous constantly and feel like you always need to shit lol 

33 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Are you sure it was actually raw, and not cooked but needed heating up? Usually the chicken in bread crumbs is pre cooked, and drunk or not I'd be surprised if you could eat raw chicken without noticing. Raw chicken would be really slimy and wouldn't taste anything like cooked I wouldn't have thought 

Yeah thats why i ate it, but having since read the label found it was actually raw.

I say last night but technically it was within 3-4 am this morning so 24 hours approaching.:ph34r:

Mould in my flat seems to have got worse this year more than most, seems to be caused by moisture coming through the outside walls (if that makes sense?) as the colder days are worse than most.

Apart from the usual tips of keeping rooms ventilated, any advice would be appreciated.

19 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Mould in my flat seems to have got worse this year more than most, seems to be caused by moisture coming through the outside walls (if that makes sense?) as the colder days are worse than most.

Apart from the usual tips of keeping rooms ventilated, any advice would be appreciated.

We’ve got a cheap dehumidifier upstairs and empty the tank every few days. It’s amazing how much water it collects. 

Also use these things on window sills and corners of wardrobes to absorb moisture which works well.

BB0B6D50-FD57-4C4C-A7EA-E6BF64F3E1C0.jpeg

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Nalis said:

It's more likely to be condensation than coming from outside. You can buy mould resistant paint which will last at least 5 years. 

Izzys dehumidifiers are also quite good. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Kopic said:

It is very uncommon to get symptoms of food poisoning so quickly after eating food. The majority of food poisoning bacteria take 24-72 hours before you develop symptoms.

’Generally’ speaking, when people say they have had food poisoning a few hours after eating a takeaway for example, they have usually caught and developed Norovirus (not a food poisoning bacteria), which can be transported on food and packaging.  Similar symptoms in diarrhoea, sickness, stomach cramps, etc, but usually a quicker recovery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Heating and ventilation are the best ways to treat condensation and mould growth.

Clean the mould with a mild bleach solution and decorate the walls with a kitchen and bathroom emulsion.

Do not dry or air your clothes in the house.  Drying clothes on radiators or airers straight from the washing machine can release around 1 pint of water into the atmosphere.

Always put lids on saucepans when cooking, use an extractor fan and keep the kitchen door shut. Open kitchen window or door to outside.

Keep bathroom door shut during and after bathing and use an extractor fan.

Make sure trickle vents are open on windows if you have them.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I have been afflicted by exactly the same problems in several rooms in my house. The problem arises through a combination of restricted airflow - as you say, ventilation, the level of moisture is also related to temperature differential. Heat the flat in winter and when the outside temperature approaches freezing, this moisture condenses when the warm, humid air contacts a cool surface. This is why you'll tend to encounter the mould that you speak of around the window frames and on outward facing walls and why the issue is not present during the warm summer months. Your every day activities increase moisture in the flat, but in particular, cooking, drying clothes and some heating appliances. Although you may not entirely eliminate the problem - as has been suggested a portable dehumidifier will go a long way to reducing it (ebac have a good range) and the mould resistant paint that Webbo mentions is very good. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

If you've been spending more time in your flat due to lockdown, it could be (maybe partly) due to the additional moisture produced from exhaling.

6 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Well ..   are you still alive Royston ??

IM ALIIIIVE!!!

Mild stomach ache this morning but it went away within the hour.

Still feel fine, unless its going to hit me after 48 hours or something I think I got away with it..............right?:fc:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Dave said:

It is very uncommon to get symptoms of food poisoning so quickly after eating food. The majority of food poisoning bacteria take 24-72 hours before you develop symptoms.

’Generally’ speaking, when people say they have had food poisoning a few hours after eating a takeaway for example, they have usually caught and developed Norovirus (not a food poisoning bacteria), which can be transported on food and packaging.  Similar symptoms in diarrhoea, sickness, stomach cramps, etc, but usually a quicker recovery.

Damn you dave, thought i was going to make it to christmas:@