Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

11 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Half the nation won't take the vaccine according to polls and some of you are shocked that people don't care about lockdown.

Might be one for the unpopular opnion thread but thats why I think when everyone's had a chance to get vaccinated we should lift all restrictions. If someone chooses not to be vaccinated I dont know why the rest of us should suffer and if they get ill then thats their problem.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tom27111 said:

It's January 10th.

Why are there still fairy lights around the Foxestalk logo? :ph34r:

Fairy Lights are not just for Christmas.

20 hours ago, tom27111 said:

It's January 10th.

Why are there still fairy lights around the Foxestalk logo? :ph34r:

I'm seemingly part of a movement around my local area of keeping up our Christmas lights because they look nice and we're maintaining community morale, like Vera Lynne or something.

I know this is supposed to be unlucky, but having previously always taken our decorations down by 12th night and been rewarded with a global coronavirus pandemic for doing so, I think that might be bollocks

• Haha 1

On 09/01/2021 at 18:33, tom27111 said:

Who names roads?

Whilst working today, I discovered a road in Loughborough, named, Sharter Drive.

What were they thinking? Did they know? lol

Bet my mates once there was a road in Brum called Dog Poo Lane. I knew this was the case because I had driven by it.

I got out the street guide (Pre Google) to prove it and claim my winnings only to find it's called Dog Pool Lane. Some git had painted over the L and cost me a tenner.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Bet my mates once there was a road in Brum called Dog Poo Lane. I knew this was the case because I had driven by it.

I got out the street guide (Pre Google) to prove it and claim my winnings only to find it's called Dog Pool Lane. Some git had painted over the L and cost me a tenner.

Like Church Nook in Wigston. Someone painted a very convincing 'y' at the end of the street sign.

Bloody hilarious as a 12 year old lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What is the name of the circular things that sit on the grate for the gas hob that pans sit on during the cooking?   I used to thought they were called gas hobs but I was wrong.   I am looking at buying replacements and it is driving me mad trying to find the correct term.  

1 minute ago, The Blur said:

What is the name of the circular things that sit on the grate for the gas hob that pans sit on during the cooking?   I used to thought they were called gas hobs but I was wrong.   I am looking at buying replacements and it is driving me mad trying to find the correct term.  

Gas ring?

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

Google 'anatomy of a gas hob'; see images

Jackpot!    They are called burner caps-  great stuff thanks Buce!

You can get back to your evening now insteading of answering dumb questions on FT  lol 

11 hours ago, Soup said:

Just bought one of those Ninja smoothie makers. Anyone got any good recipes or tips ? Looking to get plenty of veg in them especially broccoli which I'm getting addicted to.

My favorite Veg. You will get plenty of Recipes on Pinterest. Make sure to use Low fat natural or Greek Yogurt to keep the Calories down.

Add some some Flaxseed which are great for your Heart. After a few days you'll feel revved up and full of energy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

My favorite Veg. You will get plenty of Recipes on Pinterest. Make sure to use Low fat natural or Greek Yogurt to keep the Calories down.

Add some some Flaxseed which are great for your Heart. After a few days you'll feel revved up and full of energy.

Never even thought about adding seed, good tip cheers.

• Like 1

On 10.1.2021 at 22:35, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm seemingly part of a movement around my local area of keeping up our Christmas lights because they look nice and we're maintaining community morale, like Vera Lynne or something.

I know this is supposed to be unlucky, but having previously always taken our decorations down by 12th night and been rewarded with a global coronavirus pandemic for doing so, I think that might be bollocks

Nothing unlucky..some will believe its ok to take it up to Candlemus..!!

38 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

My Mrs was on about Flaxseed the other day, she'd heard something about it and wanted to try it.

I'd never even heard of it.

After seeing the price of it, I think we'll happily go without.

I can get a decent bottle of red cheaper than that and I know what I'll enjoy more lol

9 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

My Mrs was on about Flaxseed the other day, she'd heard something about it and wanted to try it.

I'd never even heard of it.

After seeing the price of it, I think we'll happily go without.

I can get a decent bottle of red cheaper than that and I know what I'll enjoy more lol

Yes, but which will leave you feeling better in the Morning. 

Yes flaxseed is expensive but you'll still have it long after the Bottle of Vino is gone and you'll feel so much better.

A 1/2 a tea spoon is sufficient in a Smoothie a couple of times a week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, but which will leave you feeling better in the Morning. 

Yes flaxseed is expensive but you'll still have it long after the Bottle of Vino is gone and you'll feel so much better.

A 1/2 a tea spoon is sufficient in a Smoothie a couple of times a week.

Alright. Stop being so sensible.

This is Foxestalk! 

• Like 1

Why is there always a lot more milk in a 4-pint container than will fit into 4 x 1-pint containers?

The door rack in my fridge broke and I can't be arsed to chase up a repair, so I've been buying 4-pint containers as usual, but pouring them into 4 x 1-pint containers.

However much I fill the 4 x 1-pint containers, there's always quite a lot of milk left over, despite the stated contents being identical: 568ml x 4 = 2272ml.

27 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Why is there always a lot more milk in a 4-pint container than will fit into 4 x 1-pint containers?

The door rack in my fridge broke and I can't be arsed to chase up a repair, so I've been buying 4-pint containers as usual, but pouring them into 4 x 1-pint containers.

However much I fill the 4 x 1-pint containers, there's always quite a lot of milk left over, despite the stated contents being identical: 568ml x 4 = 2272ml.

Fix the door ffs

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Time and relative dimension in space  ..  therein lies your answer Alf ..  I saw a programme about it once with this very clever doctor on it ..  can’t remember who though .. 

• Haha 1