Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AaronH

Kasper Schmeichel - COMPLETE

I'll abstain from joining the over excited hoards and reserve judgement on Schmeichel. He seems to divide Leeds fans across the board.

Leeds Fan

he isn't as good as some of you think. we(leeds) conceded 76 goals last season, so of course we are going to question him,

I think both teams will say they are getting a good deal, we(leeds) get a million plus for somebody out of contract in 12 months and you get a good championship level keeper

Wow. It seems like Leicester have paid a total of 1m pounds on transfer fees in the last 6 seasons combined.. now, they're willing to spend 1m on a goalkeeper? And not just a goalkeeper, but a decent goalkeeper? Times have changed, indeed. This is good news but it's all a bit too much for me; I think I'm going to faint.

Where did you get that from? Waggy cost double that on his own.

Quality business here by Sven though. I may now forgive him for the Kirkland and Ricardo fiascos..lol

To those scared that another team may outbid us, chill out. This is a keeper who Sven tempted to move down into Div. 4 when he was at Notts. They must get on extremely well.

Schmeichel didn't play in either of our wins at Elland Road last season. But I'm sure he will when we return there next April.. :)

Leeds Fan

he isn't as good as some of you think. we(leeds) conceded 76 goals last season, so of course we are going to question him,

I think both teams will say they are getting a good deal, we(leeds) get a million plus for somebody out of contract in 12 months and you get a good championship level keeper

A lot of the goals conceded were when Schmeichel was out of the team.

Denmark seem to think he's international class, and there's plenty of evidence in his career to date to support that view..

Fickle as owt. They don't play all that often then all of a sudden they're crap! Oakley was about our best player towards the end of the season. Howard was brilliant the season before last especially the playoff at cardiff, though he's past it now. Dyer? Quality when he played last season. Bought the season DVD review and he scored some great goals and changed some games when he come on with his pace.

sorry if my post came across as fickle, I just thought it was funny that Hull fans want yet another player or players who were at thier best when Nigel Pearson was manager (now coincidentally at Hull) it just seemed to me as if they are hell bent on buying players of the pearson era because that was the year we got into the PO. I for one appreciate the contribution each of those players made during that brilliant season and beyond, its just now I believe sven sees them as surplus to requirement and seeeing as Hull fans are so interested in so many of Pearson ex players I thought i'd just throw those names into the hat simply as examples of players who I think may struggle to break in to the starting XI next season if the speculated influx of signings is to be believed.

UP THE FOXES :scarf:

A lot of the goals conceded were when Schmeichel was out of the team.

Denmark seem to think he's international class, and there's plenty of evidence in his career to date to support that view..

he conceded about 65 of them, but i didnt say he was rubbish just that we questioned him because he conceded a lot of goals

he is a good championship keeper but not much better then that, great shot stopper, kicking and positioning are questionable

True. He's no Jason Brown that's for sure.

Schmeichel is better then him, but that is all we can hope for with our(leeds) chairman

I can smell a dirty stinky smelly sticky leeds fan somewhere on the forum!

we get everywhere!!

His statement from Twitter...

On Monday 20th June 2011, @kpschmeichel1 said:

I am putting out this statement now, but let me be clear that I have not signed with any other club, and as far as I am concerned I am still a Leeds United player.

Statement.

At the end of the season Leeds United and I both made a commitment to honour the last year of my contract and try to win promotion with Leeds United.

Therefore it is with great disappointment that I have learned that Leeds United have accepted an offer from Leicester.

I want to put on record that I have never asked to leave the Leeds United, nor did I reject an offer for a new contract, since one was never put to me.

I was enjoying being a Leeds United player and was looking forward to winning promotion this season with the club.

I have spoken to the manager Simon Grayson and he has made it clear to me, that, in spite of having played well for him, this is something he believes is a good deal for Leeds United.

I have been put in a very difficult situation and will spend some time considering my options for my future.

I am putting out this statement now, but let me be clear that I have not signed with any other club, and as far as I am concerned I am still a Leeds United player.

Statement.

At the end of the season Leeds United and I both made a commitment to honour the last year of my contract and try to win promotion with Leeds United.

Therefore it is with great disappointment that I have learned that Leeds United have accepted an offer from Leicester.

I want to put on record that I have never asked to leave the Leeds United, nor did I reject an offer for a new contract, since one was never put to me.

I was enjoying being a Leeds United player and was looking forward to winning promotion this season with the club.

I have spoken to the manager Simon Grayson and he has made it clear to me, that, in spite of having played well for him, this is something he believes is a good deal for Leeds United.

I have been put in a very difficult situation and will spend some time considering my options for my future.

Que....West Ham :angry:

Statement.

Hope he come

he sounds keen...not!

fair play to the Leeds fan, he's offering his opinion, one i'm inclined to agree on (good shot stopper, questionable elsewhere)

still, a good signing if it happens

Still young so I would expect he will only get better

Statement.

Yeah sounds like he's "as good as signed!!". Why do people never learn!!!!

Archived