Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AaronH

Kasper Schmeichel - COMPLETE

It's all spin. Letting the Leeds fans hear what they want to hear. He will be in talks with us tomorrow and Sven will use his charm.

Yeah it's positive PR, he'll be on our OS saying how happy he is with the signing and that he's happy to be at a club with big ambitions.

If I'm honest I'd rather have signed Westwood, but theres no doubt in my mind he'll be an improvement on last seasons keepers (all of them!). One million quid seems a lot closer to the mark than two, which was originally being banded about. Hopefully GK problem solved.

Anyone else think it looks like he's being pushed out?

I think he possibly is,...when he was interviewed before the arsenal cup game he spoke of how happy he was at Leeds,.. still they're loss is our gain and I'm sure he'll settle here and enjoy his time playing for us equally!

Not bad, happy, it's improvement but feel we could do better.

I think really and maybe I got abit carried away/abit deluded but when we were linked with Shay Given now it looks like we're getting Kasper Schmeichel its abit like all 6 numbers coming up on the lottery when the jackpot is £10m then when you go to claim the winnings you find out 20 people also had the same 6 numbers and being left with £500k, £500k is very good, I'd snap someones hand off for that but when you thought you'd won £10m, it's abit of a comedown, I don't know what i'm babbling on about.

Kasper has just released this statement;

Kaspers Twitter

kasper schmeichel

On Monday 20th June 2011, @kpschmeichel1 said:

I am putting out this statement now, but let me be clear that I have not signed with any other club, and as far as I am concerned I am still a Leeds United player.

Statement.

At the end of the season Leeds United and I both made a commitment to honour the last year of my contract and try to win promotion with Leeds United.

Therefore it is with great disappointment that I have learned that Leeds United have accepted an offer from Leicester.

I want to put on record that I have never asked to leave the Leeds United, nor did I reject an offer for a new contract, since one was never put to me.

I was enjoying being a Leeds United player and was looking forward to winning promotion this season with the club.

I have spoken to the manager Simon Grayson and he has made it clear to me, that, in spite of having played well for him, this is something he believes is a good deal for Leeds United.

I have been put in a very difficult situation and will spend some time considering my options for my future.

His statement from Twitter...

On Monday 20th June 2011, @kpschmeichel1 said:

I am putting out this statement now, but let me be clear that I have not signed with any other club, and as far as I am concerned I am still a Leeds United player.

Statement.

At the end of the season Leeds United and I both made a commitment to honour the last year of my contract and try to win promotion with Leeds United.

Therefore it is with great disappointment that I have learned that Leeds United have accepted an offer from Leicester.

I want to put on record that I have never asked to leave the Leeds United, nor did I reject an offer for a new contract, since one was never put to me.

I was enjoying being a Leeds United player and was looking forward to winning promotion this season with the club.

I have spoken to the manager Simon Grayson and he has made it clear to me, that, in spite of having played well for him, this is something he believes is a good deal for Leeds United.

I have been put in a very difficult situation and will spend some time considering my options for my future.

If they are willing to sell one of their key players, it looks like Leeds will be selling players so they can buy players. Mr. Bates keeping his money in his pockets.

I read that as pretty angry. I just hope that Sven having had a good relationship with him in the past will convince him he's better off here than elsewhere, so let's hope he's back off his own holidays!

If i am not mistaken he is still eligible to play for England.....

Has been called up to the Danish National team but didn't play i don't think...

:whistle:

waynegandy

@kpschmeichel1 England or Denmark ?

15 Jun

in reply to ↑

kasper schmeichel

@keywayrider10 denmark of course!

----------------------

@kpschmeichel1 Are you able to play for England?

15 Jun

in reply to ↑

kasper schmeichel

@leeparry101 no i dont think so

Archived