Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

North Korean striker Jong/Chong Tae-Se

over the last few years ive unfortunatly watched as we have bought (small) name players and i cant remember to many that have been a big hit, granted there are a few exceptions, but i dont really think its fair to comment by me and i retract it

please name me a few of our succesfull small naming signings that have gone on to do well.......

Quite a bit of football happens outside of England. He put up a pretty good performance against Brazil.

Alan Smith

Muzzy Izzet

Robbie Savage

Gary McAllister

Matt Elliott

Gordon Banks

That's a few.

Neil Lennon

Tony Cottee

Besides, Jong is as 'short' as Matty Fryatt. What a duffer he turned out to be ey...

This was tacked onto the end of the BBC report on Shane Long. Interesting as it's the first indication from inside the club that we are interested in him and possibly looking to make a deal. It's looking increasingly likely. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14378308.stm

"Eriksson also said City are tracking North Korea striker Jong Tae-se.

The forward, who plays for German side Bochum, featured in the World Cup in South Africa.

Eriksson added: "It is true. We are trying and have been for the last few weeks.

"I saw him in the World Cup [in South Africa when Eriksson was Ivory Coast manager] and before the World Cup. He is a good player.

"If it is going to be possible or not I am not sure but we have been working with it."

Under the North Korea Wikipedia page it says he's played 96 times for North Korea? Surely not!!!! Especially given he's only scored 18 times for them.

1in 5 goal ratio? Not interested :ph34r:

EDIT: I've just checked says he's scored 15 in 28 games for them. Sign him up!!! Seems to be averaging just shy of 1 in 2 games at club level too...

I texted a mate of mine who works in Germany, near the Black Forest (goes to watch Freiburg) about this guy. He's seen him play a couple of times on TV, says he looks technically excellent, has good pace and can finish but is a bit lightweight. Rubbish at heading too apparently. Still would take a gamble on him though :thumbup:

I texted a mate of mine who works in Germany, near the Black Forest (goes to watch Freiburg) about this guy. He's seen him play a couple of times on TV, says he looks technically excellent, has good pace and can finish but is a bit lightweight. Rubbish at heading too apparently. Still would take a gamble on him though :thumbup:

Some of the videos on you tube show him scoring a couple of vicious headers.

Not sure whether it would be a good signing - if we do sign him.

It took Yuki Babe a while to settle down, and as Sven wants to get promoted this year; it may prove a risk.

However, his international goal ratio is good and has been recognised globally, with some reports calling him the 'People's Rooney,' so he must be quite good...

I tried to ask on a VFL forum if they'd heard anything about this recently and maybe give their opinions on his strengths and weaknesses. Thread was quickly deleted without any explanation though. Some earlier posts from June linked to sources saying we had a 750k Euros rejected. But nothing else was said really.

I tried to ask on a VFL forum if they'd heard anything about this recently and maybe give their opinions on his strengths and weaknesses. Thread was quickly deleted without any explanation though. Some earlier posts from June linked to sources saying we had a 750k Euros rejected. But nothing else was said really.

At the bottom of this thread a Leicester fan has posted, perhaps they just moved it?

http://vfl4u.instinske.de/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=47877&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=18

Archived