Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

The latest ones for Danny just get classier. If not downright slanderous.......

"Or let's really mess with his head...how about give him dogs abuse for something he has never done...

For example...lets just chant rapist...rapist...rapist at him"

Or

"He takes drugs, he takes drugs, Dan Drinkwater

He takes drugs, he takes drugs, so hard

He takes drugs, he takes drugs, Dan Drinkwater

And he murders little kids with his car"

Stoke fans are walking adverts for the Eugenics movement !!!

Do you think we should point out to them that he was booed by his own fans for no reason, and it didn't seem to put him off. 

I think they should pick on someone that really would get upset. Nugent springs to mind.  :whistle:

Not sure if you're joking but Nuge is another to raise his game for this. All the clubs that hate him and give him stick he scores against...

"What a bunch of idiots. Of all the people they could pick on, they go for our best player.".....followed by a "Drinkwater probably won't play.". Yeah, he sounds brilliant...

One of their fans apparently unable to comprehend a situation in which our best player may not play, then goes onto call us window lickers. K.

Stoke are a good team.

Their fans are ****ing twats. I hope we turn them over more than i did for Chelsea/Everton/Arsenal whosee fans were largely less scummy.

Largely less scummy? Arsenal's fans seemed slightly ignorant but both Chelsea's and Everton's were great as far as I can remember

Let's be honest, with the whole 'sending us down' deal as they got promoted, it almost reeks of the 'Watford Deeney' goal, only they have more bragging rights. It's just given them material to rip into us. Combined with their fanbase... let's face it, the only way to shut them up (for a while) is to do them a good one.

Edited by Andy King Power

OK, so unlike the two muppets who supported Leicester on the Oatcake and the muppets who supported Stoke that came on here, I'm going to do my best to actually keep this as civil as possible. Hopefully, a bit of perspective without throwing in unnecessary insults (exclude the previous sentence from that) will confirm to you that we're not all complete arseholes like you seem to have concluded from just a few idiotic posts on a web forum.

Firstly, the Oatcake... it represents a fairly small minority of actual supporters. Walk around the Britannia and ask how many use the Oatcake and you will find very few. Some will read the Oatcake, but very few actually post regularly. To be fair, I do, but I also like to think I put a fairly level headed viewpoint across.

There are some absolute spanners on the Oatcake, just like I'm sure there's a few absolute spanners on here. They exist in all walks of life, so I don't think it's really necessary to tar all Stoke fans with the same brush. That said, there are some relevant points and instead of being offended, take off the tinted glasses and realize that most are just subjective personal opinions. Very few are based out of a genuine hatred or dislike which unfortunately seems to be brewing here. I noticed a few of you have said that Stoke fans appear to be very arrogant. It's worth pointing out that it really isn't arrogant to think you will win at home. I would just call it being optimistic as opposed to pessimistic. Glass half full right? Ultimately, when Stoke supporters go through the fixtures before the season begins and highlight matches we should be winning, I would say at least 15 of them are home games. Of course we expect to beat you at home. After all, most of our good form is based on home performances. You would feel exactly the same in our situation. We're also hoping to beat Man Utd and Arsenal at home again as well, would you call this arrogant too? Our away form has been notoriously poor since we returned to the top division, so it's no coincidence that when a newly promoted team is coming to town, we're expecting to win. I don't for one minute think we'll win comfortably and most Stoke fans have acknowledged your decent start. You're going to provide a test for sure and after beating the Champions on their own pad, it'll be interesting to see how the Stoke players react. In my opinion, we strolled out against Villa with a huge amount of complacency and got done by a team who worked very hard and wanted it more. They deserved the three points and if the same happens on Saturday, I won't hesitate to come back and congratulate you. 

I think it's strange that some on here are happy to say "we're going to stroll into the Britannia and win 4 nil" yet get really annoyed when the same is said on the Oatcake. I think a bit of perspective is required here. You're going to back your team, and we're going to back ours. I don't think it's necessary for either sets of fans to get irritated or annoyed by this. You'd be a pretty shit fan if you said "oh yeah, we're going to get tonked on Saturday".

Personally, I'm chuffed to bits to see Leicester back in the Premership. You, Forest and Derby are three teams that I've genuinely been keeping an eye for the last couple of seasons. There's been too many London teams in the Prem for too long now and it's really nice to see you boys back. Let's not ruin any kind of good vibes we have by taking the comments of a few people on here and the Oatcake far too literally. I know there's probably a fair amount of hate after what happened in 2008, but the fact is, you weren't good enough for the entire season and despite Stoke playing awful in that final game, you still weren't able to get a goal which would have kept you up. You really can't blame Stoke for that.

Good luck for Saturday, hope it turns out to be a real cracking game. I'll be sitting directly opposite you in the Boothen End, so feel free to direct me some abuse :D

Balloon head

Stoke fans are very idiot :knockyhat:

• Like 3

OK, so unlike the two muppets who supported Leicester on the Oatcake and the muppets who supported Stoke that came on here, I'm going to do my best to actually keep this as civil as possible. Hopefully, a bit of perspective without throwing in unnecessary insults (exclude the previous sentence from that) will confirm to you that we're not all complete arseholes like you seem to have concluded from just a few idiotic posts on a web forum.

Firstly, the Oatcake... it represents a fairly small minority of actual supporters. Walk around the Britannia and ask how many use the Oatcake and you will find very few. Some will read the Oatcake, but very few actually post regularly. To be fair, I do, but I also like to think I put a fairly level headed viewpoint across.

There are some absolute spanners on the Oatcake, just like I'm sure there's a few absolute spanners on here. They exist in all walks of life, so I don't think it's really necessary to tar all Stoke fans with the same brush. That said, there are some relevant points and instead of being offended, take off the tinted glasses and realize that most are just subjective personal opinions. Very few are based out of a genuine hatred or dislike which unfortunately seems to be brewing here. I noticed a few of you have said that Stoke fans appear to be very arrogant. It's worth pointing out that it really isn't arrogant to think you will win at home. I would just call it being optimistic as opposed to pessimistic. Glass half full right? Ultimately, when Stoke supporters go through the fixtures before the season begins and highlight matches we should be winning, I would say at least 15 of them are home games. Of course we expect to beat you at home. After all, most of our good form is based on home performances. You would feel exactly the same in our situation. We're also hoping to beat Man Utd and Arsenal at home again as well, would you call this arrogant too? Our away form has been notoriously poor since we returned to the top division, so it's no coincidence that when a newly promoted team is coming to town, we're expecting to win. I don't for one minute think we'll win comfortably and most Stoke fans have acknowledged your decent start. You're going to provide a test for sure and after beating the Champions on their own pad, it'll be interesting to see how the Stoke players react. In my opinion, we strolled out against Villa with a huge amount of complacency and got done by a team who worked very hard and wanted it more. They deserved the three points and if the same happens on Saturday, I won't hesitate to come back and congratulate you. 

I think it's strange that some on here are happy to say "we're going to stroll into the Britannia and win 4 nil" yet get really annoyed when the same is said on the Oatcake. I think a bit of perspective is required here. You're going to back your team, and we're going to back ours. I don't think it's necessary for either sets of fans to get irritated or annoyed by this. You'd be a pretty shit fan if you said "oh yeah, we're going to get tonked on Saturday".

Personally, I'm chuffed to bits to see Leicester back in the Premership. You, Forest and Derby are three teams that I've genuinely been keeping an eye for the last couple of seasons. There's been too many London teams in the Prem for too long now and it's really nice to see you boys back. Let's not ruin any kind of good vibes we have by taking the comments of a few people on here and the Oatcake far too literally. I know there's probably a fair amount of hate after what happened in 2008, but the fact is, you weren't good enough for the entire season and despite Stoke playing awful in that final game, you still weren't able to get a goal which would have kept you up. You really can't blame Stoke for that.

Good luck for Saturday, hope it turns out to be a real cracking game. I'll be sitting directly opposite you in the Boothen End, so feel free to direct me some abuse :D

Don't bring logic and reason into this, for goodness sake! That has no place on a football forum!

:P

• Like 2