Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Actually as mentioned in another post, Ranieri just needs to put all these pundit/media comments on the dressing room

wall, Claudios job is half done.

75% of the squad know the feeling of beeing slated, newcomers have 1 more reason to prove their choice on putting on

the blue shirt.

Lets face it they have all proved, they dont just lie down and take it, and they are not lacking skill and know-how.

City fans I am sure will enjoy seeing that Great Claudio smile constantly through the season.

I have a good feeling , our front men, will do a "Stuart Broad" on some defences, in these opening games

Alan Brazil show have a journo on each day to do paper review! Was John cross yesterday chief footy writer for the mirror! He's written down perm league predictions with us finishing bottom!!b! Alan Brazil gave him airwaves to expand on it! He just said raneiri a" disaster" ! Sounds like its a personal thing to me! Have look at his " table' @john cross .sure he ll be happy for feedback

This is all highly debatable. I'm not convinced that NP did want some of our players and he certainly was marginalised in the transfer and scouting process. Again 'Pearson's transfer targets'? - Who precisely? and how do you know this? 'Pearson's formation and tactics'???? Prior to March they were an uninspired shambles which saw us rooted at the bottom of the table. Post Easter and the revival, I don't believe he was anything more than a puppet, on borrowed time, principally to maintain the morale of both team and fans whilst our strategy was orchestrated by strings being pulled elsewhere.

You over estimate the abilities and influence of the man as a Premiership manager. I will to an extent miss his measured and cautious approach, but in the Premiership you don't get that time and space - either on or off the field. I will also miss the respect that he commanded from the squad. I wish him well, and believe that there is a lower league team primed for ascendency under his stewardship - and perhaps one day, a chance again as a top flight manager. I'm convinced that the incredible ups and downs of 2014 - 2015 will have conferred the experience and eventual reflection to prove this to be the case. 

This is laughable. Without question it's a team effort and I'm in no doubt that the team were responsible for the turnaround. However, your opinion on Nigel being 'bereft of ideas' can only be based on 4, possibly 5 games last season of which Leicester looked out of the games. It's a common opinion that even though we were losing matches and we were bottom of the league that the team were not completely outclassed tactically in almost any game we took part in. Granted Villa in the cup was awful. One game! In comparison the Spurs cup game was tactically brilliant. One game! In every other game the team were never tactically outclassed. 

Ultimately Nigel Pearson no matter how much you argue otherwise led this club to one of the greatest platforms it's ever been on and to call him tactically bereft after all the time he has not only been at Leicester but has been in football is clearly ridiculous and is certainly in a tiny minority of opinion. 

• Like 3

Its funny really, the two major changes are being viewed completely contrary to each other.

1 - Pearson to Ranieri, We all accept that Ranieri is a more experienced manager who has seen success at bigger clubs and even internationally. so logic suggests that he is an improvement on Pearson

2- Cambiasso to Kante, We  all accept that Cambi is a more experienced player who has seen success at bigger clubs and even internationally, so logic suggest that Kante is a loss to Cambiasso.

But somehow the twisted logic people say that both are a loss?

Some clown on the Guardian Football Weekly Podcast criticising Ranieri for tinkering already in pre-season. lol

He realises what pre-season is for, right?  :unsure:

Football Weekly tends to be quite good, I'm hoping that's one lone nutjob rather than a trend that's going to be coming.

Yeah I listen fairly regularly and hasn't heard that chap before. Can't remember his name. Richardson, the Irish bloke et al were a little more positive before the clown finished with saying Cambiasso's departure is a real worry. Didn't speak about any of the new signings.

It was Paul McInnes who was on probably most last season after Barry Glendenning, you need to listen a bit more regularly :D He mentioned about going on the Leicester Mercury website and reading that there had been a lot of tinkering. I'm not sure it was really that derogatory - if I remember right they mentioned that the we seem to be getting a lot of flak for Ranieri rather than our squad, which was probably unfair. I went to the Football Weekly Live event in London and the only person that thought we'd get relegated was Rafa Honigstein. Barry Glendenning, Paul McInnes and Greg Bakowski thought we'd stay up.

Then it was Ian McCourt who mentioned that Cambiasso is a loss based on his performances and drive last night which isn't untrue. I'll agree on the signings bit though :D 

• Like 1

1 - Pearson to Ranieri, We all accept that Ranieri is a more experienced manager who has seen success at bigger clubs and even internationally. so logic suggests that he is an improvement on Pearson

I'm really not sure I agree with that logic. Sven-Goran Eriksson should have been one of the best managers in the club's history if we accept that.

We've just bought a midfielder who's stats compare to some of the best in europe

We've strengthened our attack

We've strengthened our defence

Bar Cambiasso the team from last year has pretty much stayed intact

And yet a newly promoted Bournemouth who didn't exactly blow the championship away last season are going to do miles better than us

Makes a lot of sense

Lets be honest here, much like us last season, Bournemouth really haven't got a clue how they are going to perform in this league.

I swear if QPR didn't go down, and made no signings over the summer, the 'pundits' would still have them finishing above us.

Edited by MrSpaM

According to Football365 the appointment of Ranieri is reminiscent of the appointment of Alan Irvine at West Brom.

Alan Irvine, the former Juventus, Roma, Chelsea, Valencia and Monaco manager with second placed league finishes in Italy, England and France and a Champions League semi final. That Alan Irvine.

This is laughable. Without question it's a team effort and I'm in no doubt that the team were responsible for the turnaround. However, your opinion on Nigel being 'bereft of ideas' can only be based on 4, possibly 5 games last season of which Leicester looked out of the games. It's a common opinion that even though we were losing matches and we were bottom of the league that the team were not completely outclassed tactically in almost any game we took part in. Granted Villa in the cup was awful. One game! In comparison the Spurs cup game was tactically brilliant. One game! In every other game the team were never tactically outclassed. 

Ultimately Nigel Pearson no matter how much you argue otherwise led this club to one of the greatest platforms it's ever been on and to call him tactically bereft after all the time he has not only been at Leicester but has been in football is clearly ridiculous and is certainly in a tiny minority of opinion. 

"However, your opinion on Nigel being 'bereft of ideas' can only be based on 4, possibly 5 games last season of which Leicester looked out of the games. It's a common opinion that even though we were losing matches and we were bottom of the league that the team were not completely outclassed tactically in almost any game we took part in."

We certainly weren't outclassed for many of the games last season, which made it all the more frustrating. Had the manager demonstrated greater adaptability, a willingness to effect positive change both during and after these games and played the positive attacking football in both selection and set up, which characterised our end of season run then we most certainly wouldn't be holding the record for the longest stay at the foot of the premiership. We should in point of fact, never have been there.

"In every other game the team were never tactically outclassed."

Sorry, that's incredibly myopic and simply not true. 

??? Don't misquote me. Nigel Pearson is unquestionably a great Championship manager. Our promotion to the Premiership last season certainly comes at a time in which the league is appreciably more lucrative and is enjoying its greatest renown upon the world stage. The financial rewards associated with survival this season are exponentially greater than they have ever been and in my opinion, the club is always be indebted to his contribution to its history. Nigel Pearson was responsible for getting us here and he did that convincingly and with aplomb. However, his performance as a manger last year was lamentable, far from inspired, highly erratic, at times bewwildering and yes at this level, he was clearly out of his depth. 

Nigel Pearson was responsible for getting us here and he did that convincingly and with aplomb. However, his performance as a manger last year was lamentable, far from inspired, highly erratic, at times bewwildering and yes at this level, he was clearly out of his depth. 

Newly promoted side, second cheapest in the division, 14th place. You can say what you like about us being bottom for as long as we were, you can make a case that he was slow to adapt to the Premier League, but to suggest that overall last season was anything other than a success is ludicrous. To suggest a manager out of his depth could get that side 14th is ridiculous.

• Like 1

This is all highly debatable.  I'm not convinced that NP did want some of our players and he certainly was marginalised in the transfer and scouting process. Again 'Pearson's transfer targets'? - Who precisely? and how do you know this? 'Pearson's formation and tactics'???? Prior to March they were an uninspired shambles which saw us rooted at the bottom of the table. Post Easter and the revival, I don't believe he was anything more than a puppet, on borrowed time, principally to maintain the morale of both team and fans whilst our strategy was orchestrated by strings being pulled elsewhere.

You over estimate the abilities and influence of the man as a Premiership manager. I will to an extent miss his measured and cautious approach, but in the Premiership you don't get that time and space - either on or off the field. I will also miss the respect that he commanded from the squad. I wish him well, and believe that there is a lower league team primed for ascendency under his stewardship - and perhaps one day, a chance again as a top flight manager. I'm convinced that the incredible ups and downs of 2014 - 2015 will have conferred the experience and eventual reflection to prove this to be the case. 

I don't "over-estimate the 'abilities and influence" of Pearson as a Premiership manager. I don't even mention them. I'm talking about Ranieri, and asking what he's gonna bring to the party? Do you have a sensible answer that doesn't involve Nigel Pearson as a puppet? :D

Not at all, don't contort my response. The original post that I replied to had stated in absolute terms that, 'these are all players that Pearson wanted at the club'. I merely cast aspersions on this as a statement of fact, respectfully noting that I'm not convinced. Very different to your ad-hominen "ffs what a load of cack" comment which may indeed garner some plus points in respect of your one dimensional online forum reputation but really doesn't portray your powers of debating in a very positive light.

The scouting team may well in their inception have been assembled my NP and SW, under Robinson but are ultimately answerable to Rudkin and the owners who have ultimate say and I contend in the case of JR an entirely different relationship with NP. I do agree that there were individual players courted by Pearson, but to suggest that this squad consists entirely of 'Nigel Pearson' players or that he fully endorsed their recruitment without any incidence of friction or opposition is frankly absurd. 

We have indeed gone on 'winless runs before and turned it around' but this is the Premiership and what happened before in The Championship is simply not comparable. 

The addition of Huth, and the return of Kasper was I concede hugely significant for us, however Nigel Pearson had the necessary resources at his disposal to effect the style of attacking football that should have been the hallmark of our play all season and conceivably propelled us to mid-table. It wasn't - and for the large part of November through until March his decisions were often atrocious consigning us to the foot of the table for five months. When he did eventually deploy wing backs against Arsenal he opted to continue faith in the dreadful Konchesky and Simpson. Konchesky against Walcott??!!??? What could possibly go wrong? Everyone sitting around me that night at the Emirates could see that a goal was inevitable. One single incident - of so, so many which we've revisited innumerable times on here to the point of utter tedium. So what have I got? - not much that avoids trudging over the same old ground. What have I got otherwise? Perhaps the experience of attending every home game and a dozen away fixtures (including Swansea, which was diabolical) - which I do concede is entirely subjective, but based upon my possibly flawed observations from the stands and in the absence of internal insight, that is my perception and the purpose of a forum is to express ones viewpoint and perhaps counter others without demeaning yourself by referring to them as 'utter bullcrap'. 

Nigel's modus operandi although pragmatic was utterly lacking in innovation and adaptability that is a prerequisite at this level. The Fifth round of the cup away to Villa betrayed a manger utterly bereft of ideas, creativity and tactical prowess. The bewildering adherence to disastrous zonal defending was a case in point. In short, he was very quickly found out at this level. My belief is that the cup tie against Villa was the watershed. Soon after the defence was overhauled, the system changed, players previously steadfastly eschewed by Pearson were utilised and overnight the set up and direction became inspired. The rapidity of the transformation was miraculous and I'm sorry, given the way that Nigel operated, I don't believe that he was significantly responsible for this change in anything other than motivation and maintaining morale. Indeed even if he was involved, I maintain that his involvement was marginalised and there were other key individuals driving and directing tactics and strategy. Pearson certainly channeled this from the touchline well, a far cry from his earlier insistence upon a lap top perched up in the centre of the West Stand. Amid much criticism and a run of dire results, he gravitated to pitchside as the season progressed but was largely impotent and ineffectual in his presence (although James McArthur would no doubt beg to differ). Post March, I completely concede, as opposed to standing motionless arms folded, he was animated and fully immersed in the game and the most incredible run ensued. Again, this should have been the case all season, particularly given his ability to lift the squad.

You disagree, you have disagreed before and I fully invite you to continue to do so and I will listen to and afford your opinions the respect that they deserve, but for better or for worse, Nigel has moved on now. We both ardently support the same team, I would however suggest that contrary to the original assertion, Nigel Pearson was not the sole architect of that team, either in terms of tactics or recruitment and as much as they may have played for him - they are not 'his players' they are the club's players. Right now, Ranieri and the current squad deserve our unconditional support. What develops then is the story of another season. 

What the actual holy fvck??!

You sound like you've swallowed a thesaurus... "The rapidity of the transformation was miraculous..."

"Nigel's modus operandi although pragmatic was utterly lacking in innovation and adaptability that is a prerequisite at this level."

Was it indeed.

You might benefit from a perusal of this:

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/

What the actual holy fvck??!

You sound like you've swallowed a thesaurus...

And you sound like you're unable to digest one.

Skip the cliches - it really doesn't become you.

You might benefit from a perusal of this:

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/101894-top-100-books-to-read-before-you-leave-school/

Edited by Line-X

"In every other game the team were never tactically outclassed."

Sorry, that's incredibly myopic and simply not true. 

This is an immense illustration of a character using convoluted vocabulary to demonstrate one is more resourceful than one actually is. However, based on one's viewpoint of Mr Nigel Pearson's ability to manage a football club based on the evidence of a fine finishing position in the Premier League clearly you sir are a bit of a tw4t. Of course this is just my feeling toward the matter and in no way is a representation of this communities views as a whole. Although I would hasten to argue approximately 89.8%* of said community would concur with me. 

*Based on invented facts

PS I have to say I respect your trolling :-) 

• Like 3

However, based on one's viewpoint of Mr Nigel Pearson's ability to manage a football club based on the evidence of a fine finishing position in the Premier League clearly you sir are a bit of a tw4t. 

And to conveniently ignore the comedy of errors between October and March and equate that finishing position to Nigel Pearson's ability to manage a Premiership football club, is not only simplistic but incredibly naive.

And to conveniently ignore the comedy of errors between October and March and equate that finishing position to Nigel Pearson's ability to manage a Premiership football club, is not only simplistic but incredibly naive.

Well it's not is it. You want to focus on a segment of a season to fit your view. The undisputable matter of fact is, we finished 14th, under Nigel Pearson. You can make up as many theories about how it was all his fault in the bad patches and a godsent miracle that was by no way his doing when we did well, but that would be, as you say, incredibly naïve.

• Like 1