Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I know the MOTD selection can get on people's tits, but the BBC can't always select the same team as a starter, no matter how good they play. It's all about the balance.

We can't really complain too much - at least we're usually not the last game on show these days. :D

Worth noting that we were only the last on MOTD four times last season, exactly the same number of times we were shown first (excluding MOTD2 where we were first twice)

Admittedly we were second to last on seven occasions but we can't complain we were always last on MOTD!

This season we've been first three times (plus MOTD2 with Villa), second five times, fourth four times, fifth twice and seventh on one occasion. Never been last yet this season (there's still time)

Is this board populated by a bunch of Steven Patrick Morisseys? All this need to be loved.

We're a small club who most folks couldn't give two shits about. The reason we aren't picked for sky games is because no **** would watch them. The reason we don't get wall to wall press coverage is because outside of Leicestershire not many people give a **** and certainly wouldn't buy a paper based on the prospect of reading for the hundredth time that Mahrez cost X and Vardy played non league don't you know!

It's not that no one likes us, it's more that no one cares enough yet. Do this for a few years then people care; do it for a few months and people forget.

The reality is that most of the games were chosen before we became a story, if Sky could wind back the clock they would without question have put us on more times. We're the story of the season and that creates interest. That interest won't top your big clubs, but there would be more neutrals wanting to take a look at us than some of the other shite in the league... who all seem to get on more than us.

If Norwich were top of the league would you go out of your way to watch their games?

If they were playing as entertainingly as we are then definitely. Football is a form of entertainment, why would you not want to watch the most entertaining sides rather than villa vs Newcastle?

• Like 2

Is this board populated by a bunch of Steven Patrick Morisseys? All this need to be loved.

We're a small club who most folks couldn't give two shits about. The reason we aren't picked for sky games is because no **** would watch them. The reason we don't get wall to wall press coverage is because outside of Leicestershire not many people give a **** and certainly wouldn't buy a paper based on the prospect of reading for the hundredth time that Mahrez cost X and Vardy played non league don't you know!

It's not that no one likes us, it's more that no one cares enough yet. Do this for a few years then people care; do it for a few months and people forget.

What a load of bull! when I watch streams, on the chat people are always saying to go watch our match because of how entertaining it is!

Edited by chapero82
  • Like 1

What a load of bull! when I watch streams, on the chat people are always saying to go watch our match because of how entertaining it is!

Absolutely. I was at Newark Antiques Centre yesterday. Most all the staff and stallholders support other teams like Forest and Derby but all, they were talking about was Leicester City and how their topping the table was so good for the game.       

Drove from Southwell to Reading this morning, listened to talksport all the way

they still don't take us seriously and it was all about the Arsenal's title bid now.... Arsenal can do it now, we can't apparantley

they still don't take us seriously and it was all about the Arsenal's title bid now.... Arsenal can do it now, we can't apparantley

That's actually quite good. Arsenal can have all the pressure and expectation rather than us imo. Same as last season, everyone already spoke about us like we were relegated with no chance.

I love how they're not entertaining the possibility that Arsenal are more than likely to cock it up because they're in this position every single season yet they always finish 3rd or 4th.

I'd absolutely love it if we won the league not least because these bellend journalists will have to cough up and accept that we're not half bad.

The reality is that most of the games were chosen before we became a story, if Sky could wind back the clock they would without question have put us on more times. We're the story of the season and that creates interest. That interest won't top your big clubs, but there would be more neutrals wanting to take a look at us than some of the other shite in the league... who all seem to get on more than us.

They aren't interested in entertainment; they're interested in viewing figures. I'm sure we all recall this from earlier in the year

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9912919/who-is-the-most-watched-premier-league-team

The rather dull fact is that there are way more United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City fans out there. That's why invariably our home games against said teams get chosen and we seldom get picked for away games.

rightly so, if we're still top in April then we're title contenders.

We're not even half way through the season yet and people are talking about the title race, ridiculous

They aren't interested in entertainment; they're interested in viewing figures. I'm sure we all recall this from earlier in the year

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9912919/who-is-the-most-watched-premier-league-team

The rather dull fact is that there are way more United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City fans out there. That's why invariably our home games against said teams get chosen and we seldom get picked for away games.

As I quite clearly said, the interest will not top that of the big clubs. I don't think anyone expects to be getting on the same amount as the.

But there is plenty of other teams in this league who get on a lot more than us. Last season we had the fewest appearances, QPR had 3 more, Swansea 4 more, West Brom 2 more, Southampton 5 more.... Newcastle 12 times more.  None of which have had or are having the story we've had the last year.

If Sky new what our season was going to be, they of course would have put on more games. Because the story of Leicester beats the story of most of them and barring Newcastle they aren't going to draw more people.

Absolutely refuse to believe that Cesc Fabregas has had a better 2015 than Vardy and Mahrez.

Totally agree, but it is a pretty international poll - the judging panel is enormous, so while it's not necessarily an accurate reflection of the best players (Vardy 68 and Rooney 60!) the fact that any Leicester player is in there at all shows what an international presence we have acquired.

Hopefully if they repeated the process in 6 months time there would be 5 or 6 players in there, because we'll have spent all year on the back pages across the world!

As I quite clearly said, the interest will not top that of the big clubs. I don't think anyone expects to be getting on the same amount as the.

But there is plenty of other teams in this league who get on a lot more than us. Last season we had the fewest appearances, QPR had 3 more, Swansea 4 more, West Brom 2 more, Southampton 5 more.... Newcastle 12 times more. None of which have had or are having the story we've had the last year.

If Sky new what our season was going to be, they of course would have put on more games. Because the story of Leicester beats the story of most of them and barring Newcastle they aren't going to draw more people.

The story might but the ratings wouldn't.

The story might but the ratings wouldn't.

Are you actually reading what I'm writing?

Do you really think West Brom, Southampton, Stoke, Norwich, Swansea, Bournemouth, Watford, Palace are any bigger draw than Leicester?

If they knew what was coming, rather than chuck on Southampton, Stoke, West Brom more than us (which would have been the plan pre season), they would have thrown more games our way.

But they pre planned, and by the time the story is up and running it's too late. If our story keeps going they will choose more games of ours over the second half of the season than they will any of those without the story.

Edited by Babylon

Guest CityFan 06

It's probably already been mentioned on here earlier on, but very pleasing to see Kante, Vardy and Mahrez in MNF's team of the season so far. I'd have to agree with this. Those three been outstanding for us as well as others of course though. I mean Fuchs, Morgan, Albrighton, Drinkwater could all of been in that team in my opinion.

Are you actually reading what I'm writing?

Do you really think West Brom, Southampton, Stoke, Norwich, Swansea, Bournemouth, Watford, Palace are any bigger draw than Leicester?

If they knew what was coming, rather than chuck on Southampton, Stoke, West Brom more than us (which would have been the plan pre season), they would have thrown more games our way.

But they pre planned, and by the time the story is up and running it's too late. If our story keeps going they will choose more games of ours over the second half of the season than they will any of those without the story.

Who were those teams playing when televised?

Sky are contractually obliged to show each side a minimum amount of times. Invariably you'll get shown playing at home against United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City. There are very few televised matches that don't involve those 5.

This piece on the 13/14 season puts it quite nicely

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2014/07/21/man-united-and-liverpool-remain-top-tv-draws-despite-2013-14-without-trophies-210703/

Edited by fleckneymike

Who were those teams playing when televised?

Sky are contractually obliged to show each side a minimum amount of times. Invariably you'll get shown playing at home against United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City. There are very few televised matches that don't involve those 5.

This piece on the 13/14 season puts it quite nicely

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2014/07/21/man-united-and-liverpool-remain-top-tv-draws-despite-2013-14-without-trophies-210703/

It doesn't matter who they were playing, we play the same teams during the course of the season. If they manage to show 12 Swansea games in a season, they are capable of showing 12 Leicester games. Doesn't matter if they are all against the big 6.

The fact is we're a bigger draw now than we were when the games were decided at the start of the season, if we carry on as we are we'll be an even bigger draw as the season progresses.

What is currently a bigger draw... Man City v Leicester or Man City v Swansea?