Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I just read this on the Liverpool forum;

At this rate the top four will be:

1. Leicester
2. Crystal Palace
3. Watford
4. West Ham

God help their opponents in the CL next season, hope they've got a fleet of ambulances ready!

Made me laugh quite a bit! lol

Liverpool forum in meltdown after today's debacle. Many saying we will bury them Boxing Day if we turn up.

My Liverpool supporting mate keeps banging on about this being our year.

Quote a lot of other teams supporters seem to want us to do the unbelievable.

It's great to have that level of enthusiasm for our great adventure.

I also read this piece of genius on the Liverpool forum! :facepalm:

"People are not understanding how we are getting beat and by which teams we are getting beat by. I'm more worried about the games after after Leicester Sunderland and Stoke especially. I wish we could play the likes of Man City Arsenal and Leicester every week right now. Leicester wont sit back and concede possession vs us they will try and out play us and they will attack at every opportunity. I's very likely we will beat them in a high scoring game 4-2 or something.

The two teams recently Man City and Southampton that played the way Leicester will play didn't have much joy vs us , teams like Watford who are willing to sit back and give up possession and hit on the break are having all the joy as we are one dimensional and if teams don't play into our hands we don't have a plan b and can't break teams down who do that."

Liverpool forum in meltdown after today's debacle. Many saying we will bury them Boxing Day if we turn up.

My Liverpool supporting mate keeps banging on about this being our year.

Quote a lot of other teams supporters seem to want us to do the unbelievable.

It's great to have that level of enthusiasm for our great adventure.

Decided to look and someone posted a list of their next ten games and said they wouldn't win one, Exeter was on that list too... talk about meltdown and overeaction lol

"People are not understanding how we are getting beat and by which teams we are getting beat by. I'm more worried about the games after after Leicester Sunderland and Stoke especially. I wish we could play the likes of Man City Arsenal and Leicester every week right now. Leicester wont sit back and concede possession vs us they will try and out play us and they will attack at every opportunity. I's very likely we will beat them in a high scoring game 4-2 or something.

The two teams recently Man City and Southampton that played the way Leicester will play didn't have much joy vs us , teams like Watford who are willing to sit back and give up possession and hit on the break are having all the joy as we are one dimensional and if teams don't play into our hands we don't have a plan b and can't break teams down who do that."

Best not let them know if they can't do their homework

Wow! Someone's not paying us any attention whatsoever.

My favourite thing about this season is how people are being forced to change their opinions, and it really highlights the ignorance of most football fans (i'm sure we're all guilty of it occasionally too).

September - "Mahrez is the only good player, the rest are championship standard"

October - "Two man team, the rest are championship at best"

November - "Three man team, if Kante, Mahrez or Vardy gets injured they're ****ed"

December - "Apart from Vardy, Mahrez, Kante and Drinkwater they are bang average, the bubble will burst after christmas"

Long may it continue, hopefully by May the whole team will have been noticed.

Should we start a sweep on who gets added to the list next, I'll go for the captain of Austria, Christian Fuchs.

Clearly not watched us once. Pretty sure our highest possession stat for any one game is around 45%

That forest forum has some interesting points, one poster saying the only thing interesting about the premier league over the last few years is the relegation battle, which is very true.

Shock we were the most exciting team in the relegation battle as well.

Basically everything exciting about what has happend in the premiership over the last season and a half has revolved around us.

Four different Leicester threads on the scousers forum:

This, about the support:

",they reallly do their bit. Rarely in their seats,always chanting making a racket. They feed the Team and the Team feeds off of them,it's clear to see. When Chelsea [Remy] scored last night,they immediately got up as one & started a rousing chant that didn't stop until the final whistle. It's so refreshing."

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/380627-How-or-Why-can-Leicester-play-Incisive-Attacking-Football-and-we-with-all-the-players-we-ve-got-can-t

Guest CityFan 06

Four different Leicester threads on the scousers forum:

This, about the support:

",they reallly do their bit. Rarely in their seats,always chanting making a racket. They feed the Team and the Team feeds off of them,it's clear to see. When Chelsea [Remy] scored last night,they immediately got up as one & started a rousing chant that didn't stop until the final whistle. It's so refreshing."

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/380627-How-or-Why-can-Leicester-play-Incisive-Attacking-Football-and-we-with-all-the-players-we-ve-got-can-t

Spot on this. I have noticed in SK1 that whenever an opposition player has scored against us at the King Power, it is instantly met with a Leicester chant straight afterwards. Proper support that is especially after conceding. Things are great in SK1 with Union FS at the moment and have been since their arrival. Really helped the atmosphere.

Wow! Someone's not paying us any attention whatsoever.

Clearly not watched us once. Pretty sure our highest possession stat for any one game is around 45%

highly likely l pool mite need 2 pens ,which went last season to aide them! Out play them!? Just better not concede possession to us from 75 yds out ! Could be in their net seconds after!

They really don't rate us over at the mirror do they ?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-weekend-10-things-7047749

What a pointless comment.  A better comment would be the angle that we keep on scoring and win even when we don't play well and create much.  

That's like saying Everton rely on Barkley and Lukaku for goals and assists or Watford with Deeney/Ighalo, Arsenal with Ozil/Giroud.

The mirror have had a vendetta against us since before the start of the season.

The Mirror have had a vendetta against LCFC for years. Heard a rumour it was something to do with an ex-chairman/higher-up at City having a falling out with one of the higher-ups at that particular rag way back when, but not entirely sure. Anyone know anything more? It certainly would explain why they continue to get on our backs season after season.

They really don't rate us over at the mirror do they ?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-weekend-10-things-7047749

10 Things We Learned?

Did they only just learn that if you take the two best players from ANY team (not just us) that team gets a lot, lot worse? Wow, they're a bit slow on the uptake there, aren't they?

Edited by Danizen