Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Doesn't look like it's been mentioned yet but the BBC actually released a HYS article which a) doesn't revolve around or at the very least contort itself to mention Man Utd and b) doesn't write Leicester off with no given explanation.

Is this Luke Reddy guy who wrote it new at the BBC?  He's definitely an improvement on king hack McNulty.

Good read. I noticed your comment too, unless there are two Carl the Llama's! lol

Don't know why everyone is so sensitive to opposing fans saying it won't last etc...  We would be saying the same if someone like Norwich were top.

As for the wheels falling off though, well I can't see that happening. I don't honestly think we will win the league but I also can't see us having a dramatic collapse either, as the quality and spirit we now have is unlikely to allow that. Top 4 would be absolutely immense achievement for us and I genuinely believe we can do that now, especially with the so called big teams fannying about!!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/12/the-wonderful-ridiculous-theory-that-explains-leicester-citys-miraculous-run

The wonderful, ridiculous theory that explains Leicester City's miraculous run

Leicester City, a tiny club that almost got relegated from the Premier League last season, will sit top of the league on Christmas Day. It is, in the words of Martin Rogers, nothing short of a Christmas miracle.

It’s tough to understand exactly why this is happening. The stellar form of striker Jamie Vardy — who reset the record for most goals in consecutive matches — is obviously a major reason, but a new theory has emerged that could show there are mystical factors at play.

gty-455859668.jpg?w=1000&h=667

Clive Rose/Getty Images

King Richard III was portrayed as an ambitious, Machiavellian figure with a number of physical deformities in the Shakespeare play by the same name. He quickly became one of the most well-known characters in literature. Soon after the Richard III society was formed and it quickly started lobbying for his bones to be exhumed and examined in an effort to fact-check Shakespeare’s claims.

They pegged the bones’ potential whereabout and, in 2012, Richard III’s remains discovered under a parking lot in Leicester, England.

The bones have since been examined and reburied (he did, it turns out, have both the limp arm and severe scoliosis that Shakespeare claimed), and in March of this year, were duly reburied in Leicester Cathedral.

afp_522130498_57754958.jpg?w=1000&h=685

(JUSTIN TALLIS/AFP/Getty Images)

That’s where things get interesting because, as the Daily Mail pointed out, the team has won 17 times, drawn six, and only lost twice since the reburial. That’s an impressive 56 points from a possible 78, which equates to almost 2.2 points points a game.

That’s Premier League winning form, and with the help of Richard III, they just might.

• Like 1

Doesn't look like it's been mentioned yet but the BBC actually released a HYS article which a) doesn't revolve around or at the very least contort itself to mention Man Utd and b) doesn't write Leicester off with no given explanation.

Is this Luke Reddy guy who wrote it new at the BBC?  He's definitely an improvement on king hack McNulty.

It was, but never mind - I sometimes think I must be invisible :)

His write up wasn't actually too bad until he threw all logic out of the window at the end haha.

"But because Liverpool are the underdogs - and because there will be a great Boxing Day atmosphere at Anfield - I'm going for a home win."

Great atmosphere at Anfield lol

Does Lawro not realise that we've scored in every game so far? Why would an injury-ravaged Liverpool defence be the ones to stop us!

Because when you stick to your predictions, at one point they will in fact come true.

That's Lawro's recipe for success.

• Like 1

Brilliant... Where is the link to the table that would show our position on his results?

Down at the bottom of the page, where incidentally we are 16 places too low, Watford and West Ham 11 places. I can't believe how wrong he's been-averaging 69 points is shameful...

Down at the bottom of the page, where incidentally we are 16 places too low, Watford and West Ham 11 places. I can't believe how wrong he's been-averaging 69 points is shameful...

Ha, so even with the evidence of how this season has gone he still thinks Sunderland are a better team than us.  lol

His write up wasn't actually too bad until he threw all logic out of the window at the end haha.

"But because Liverpool are the underdogs - and because there will be a great Boxing Day atmosphere at Anfield - I'm going for a home win."

Great atmosphere at Anfield lol

There will be, courtesy of the away support!