Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Obviously our destiny is in our own hands, but let's put it this way, every time we win and they lose its a swing of 6 points, the bigger the cushion the better. We currently need 17 points to win the league, if we win the next two (quite likely) and they lose the next two (not that improbable) then we'd need 5 points from 5 games rather than 11. How ****ing good would that be?!?

Yes if we win all our games we win the league, but the quicker Spurs **** off and let us win it the better in my book. So yes I care greatly about the Spurs results, and anyone that thinks otherwise is living in a fantasyland.

You seem to be thinking that I want Spurs to win every game or something. Spurs losing would mean that our potential title winning day is a bit closer. Little else.

Am I going to worry because Spurs have beat Bournemouth at home? No, not at all. Because we're continuing to win our games.

When we stop winning our games, that is when I will worry. Spurs winning games merely to keep at our pace is not worrying in the slightest. I don't see the fuss.

Edited by AKCJ

It's not hard to work out what AKCJ meant, why are you all getting hissy about it. As long as we keep getting results we stay in front.

But how can you not give a **** what our nearest challengers do? The bigger the gap the better. I'm not stupid, I know if we keep winning we stay at least 5 points ahead, but guess what, if they lose they might fall further than 5 points behind, what kind of idiot wouldn't care about that happening?

It's not hard to work out what AKCJ meant, why are you all getting hissy about it. As long as we keep getting results we stay in front.

we've got literally nothing to complain about so we have to complain about each other's posts, basically. we can't even complain about our away ends any more let alone our team or our manager. so we have to spend all week analysing other posts and picking them apart because there's nothing to criticise in our games anymore. 

• Like 2

we've got literally nothing to complain about so we have to complain about each other's posts, basically. we can't even complain about our away ends any more let alone our team or our manager. so we have to spend all week analysing other posts and picking them apart because there's nothing to criticise in our games anymore.

lol

But how can you not give a **** what our nearest challengers do? The bigger the gap the better. I'm not stupid, I know if we keep winning we stay at least 5 points ahead, but guess what, if they lose they might fall further than 5 points behind, what kind of idiot wouldn't care about that happening?

We all act a bit different under pressure, some are chilled like AKCJ and enjoy it, some spend their time like a woman at wrong end of a month, like yourself.

because we are 5 points clear with 7 games to go...

i'm quite comfortable in the knowledge that this team is more than good enough to match Spurs' results til the end of the season.

so long as we win, i don't care what anyone else does.

What are you getting wound up for? lol

So long as we continue to win, we will continue to be 5 points clear.

Only someone suffering with severe paranoia will get wound up by that.

I'm not wound up by you, I just think you're naive. I'm just not over happy with that keyboard warrior **** Strokes, there's absolutely no need for comments like that.

So long as we continue to win, that's the important thing. All it takes is for one game where we fail to score and the ball goes in off someone's arse and we lose 1-0 and a Spurs win puts them in striking distance. I'm confident we can win most of our games, I'm not worried but I do want Spurs to lose all theirs, I'd rather it didn't go down to the last two games. So IMO I think you're being a bit daft if you don't care how Spurs do. It's nothing to do with worrying, nothing to do with not being confident and everything to do with our title win being more comfortable.

Edited by Facecloth

I'm not wound up by you, I just think you're naive. I'm just not over happy with that keyboard warrior **** Strokes, there's absolutely no need for comments like that.

So long as we continue to win, that's the important thing. All it takes is for one game where we fail to score and the ball goes in off someone's arse and we lose 1-0 and a Spurs win puts them in striking distance. I'm confident we can win most of our games, I'm not worried but I do want Spurs to lose all theirs, I'd rather it didn't go down to the last two games. So IMO I think you're being a bit daft if you don't care how Spurs do. It's nothing to do with worrying, nothing to do with not being confident and everything to do with our title win being more comfortable.

But comfort is perspective.

For me, i'm comfortable being 5 points clear. If that increases then brilliant. But that won't decrease until we drop points.

When we drop points then you're right to worry. But so long as we're not, then I don't care what Spurs do.

But comfort is perspective.

For me, i'm comfortable being 5 points clear. If that increases then brilliant. But that won't decrease until we drop points.

When we drop points then you're right to worry. But so long as we're not, then I don't care what Spurs do.

But you don't know we won't, so surely you rather they drop points even when we don't, to make it even less worry if or when we do.

And I'm not talking about the comfort of being top, I'm talking about the comfort of winning the league. Surely you rather it be done when we play Swansea because Spurs have ****ed up than have it resting on say the Everton or worse the Chelsea game.

But you don't know we won't, so surely you rather they drop points even when we don't, to make it even less worry if or when we do.

And I'm not talking about the comfort of being top, I'm talking about the comfort of winning the league. Surely you rather it be done when we play Swansea because Spurs have ****ed up than have it resting on say the Everton or worse the Chelsea game.

What do you mean "you know we won't"?

Why won't we? And more importantly, why will Spurs?

If Spurs do drop points then it's a bonus. But so long as we take care of our own results then we will be fine. There really is nothing to argue there.

If Spurs do drop points then it's a bonus. But so long as we take care of our own results then we will be fine. There really is nothing to argue there.

Why are you being simple?

I said "you don't know we won't". There's no reason why we can't win them all, but there's also no reason why we can't lose a couple. You're attitude is almost like the points are sewn up. Obviously you're right that so long as we take care of our results we'll be fine, but it's not a guarantee.

I said "you don't know we won't". There's no reason why we can't win them all, but there's also no reason why we can't lose a couple. You're attitude is almost like the points are sewn up. Obviously you're right that so long as we take care of our results we'll be fine, but it's not a guarantee.

My attitude is that so long as we better Spurs results then we'll be fine. You're getting wound up over nothing.

My attitude is that so long as we better Spurs results then we'll be fine. You're getting wound up over nothing.

And if we don't, were not lol!!

So it'd be nice if they failed to match us once or twice, not too hard to understand surely?

And I'm not wound up, but it would be nice if you learnt to read my posts properly lol

And if we don't, were not lol!!

So it'd be nice if they failed to match us once or twice, not too hard to understand surely?

And I'm not wound up, but it would be nice if you learnt to read my posts properly lol

I'm reading your posts just fine.

It would obviously be a bonus if Spurs lose, as i've said. But, so long as we continue to win our games, they have no control over who wins the title.

It's that simple.

I'm reading your posts just fine.

It would obviously be a bonus if Spurs lose, as i've said. But, so long as we continue to win our games, they have no control over who wins the title.

It's that simple.

You completely misquoted me a couple of post back and used that to claim you had no idea what I was on about lol

Yes i know it's that's simple, Christ! We're not guaranteed to match they're results though, so them failing it match us is good news for us. It's not a bonus if they lose its important, so we should care. If they lose it edges us closer to the title, gives us a six point swing. A bonus is what a team like Newcastle would call getting a win at Man City.

You completely misquoted me a couple of post back and used that to claim you had no idea what I was on about lol

Yes i know it's that's simple, Christ! We're not guaranteed to match they're results though, so them failing it match us is good news for us. It's not a bonus if they lose its important, so we should care. If they lose it edges us closer to the title, gives us a six point swing. A bonus is what a team like Newcastle would call getting a win at Man City.

its not important that they lose. we are 5 points clear. we don't rely on them losing.

At the end of the day, you can think what you like. Just don't call me daft for not having a loser mentality.