Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I just basically typed out an essay about exactly why I hate Spurs fans but it was so TL;DR that I'll just point out the obvious - they're all complete and utter bellends

Nothing would make me happier than for them to finish below us and for them to never even come close to winning the league again

Wankers.

I just basically typed out an essay about exactly why I hate Spurs fans but it was so TL;DR that I'll just point out the obvious - they're all complete and utter bellends

Nothing would make me happier than for them to finish below us and for them to never even come close to winning the league again

Wankers.

They are truly a bitter bunch, i don't even bother listening to what they have to say. They have been deprived of success so long, thinking they are some big club, I guess we would all turn crazy if that happened ... Edited by foxes_rule1978

Had a look at the match report in the daily mail and as always go straight to the HYS comments, all the green arrows indicate that just about everyone wants us to succeed whilst the few bitter haters think the world will implode if we do. If we do pull this off it'll be talked about for decades.

Shines a light on the jobs in punditry over the last 10 years.

So much of their script has been preconstructed for over a decade, same teams, same wins and only slight deviation from the norm. The last 18 months have been a bit of a departure from that for them, and the cracks are showing. Lawrenson has been particularly embarrassing since Utd have stopped winning every week and Liverpool were vying for top 4.

Hopefully this season will stand towards a shift in media focus, it's happened once, it could happen again. In terms of the relegation battle I feel the media have been gentler on

Villa, 'Leicester did it last year' has been used in support of them. It's nice to think that maybe we have contributed to the bloated behemoth of modern football in some significant way.

We are the main story but there are others: Spurs and West Ham have had their best seasons in ages. Watford have impressed as have Bournemouth. For the first time in ages all 3 promoted teams are out of the relegation zone (at least for tonight) and 3 mainstays of the PL are in it. ManU and Chelsea may not even make the Europa league.

We get the headlines, but it has been a year of change. Don't expect normality next year, we are not the only ones that will upset the applecart.

Skybet has us as 50/1 to win the PL next year. When has a Champion (or runner up!) had such long odds? The penny has not dropped yet.

Edited by foxinsox

Never liked Spurs, so the fact that - all going to plan - we're potentially destroying their only chance of winning the title in the last one hundred million years is even sweeter.

Hope Arsenal finish above them (in 2nd) - that'd be piss funny.

Never liked Spurs, so the fact that - all going to plan - we're potentially destroying their only chance of winning the title in the last one hundred million years is even sweeter.

Hope Arsenal finish above them (in 2nd) - that'd be piss funny.

Bournemouth are a form team this will be a tough tie for Spurs if they don't win tomorrow Arsenal will be within 3 - 4 points and have a game in hand... pressure is all on Spurs I feel... Edited by foxes_rule1978

Looking at Tottenhams remaining fixtures, they have some seriously difficult games.

Away games at Liverpool,Stoke, Chelsea, and even what could be a rejuvinated  Newcastle on the last day, are all games they could drop points in.

In contrast Arsenal have a couple of tricky away games at West Ham and Man City, but other than that, they seem to have a much better run in than Tottenham, on paper at least.

So it could well be that Arsenal will end up being our biggest threat in the end, and Tottenham may well end this season in the shadow of their North London neighbours yet again.

Edited by smudger63

They'll beat Bournemouth no worries.

Agree with this. Bournemouth have nothing to play for really. Unfortunately Spurs are the real deal this season and I have little doubt they'll push us all the way. I simply can't believe we'll wrap it up with 3 games to go.

Agree with this. Bournemouth have nothing to play for really. Unfortunately Spurs are the real deal this season and I have little doubt they'll push us all the way. I simply can't believe we'll wrap it up with 3 games to go.

Bournemouth have no pressure, and they will see this as another game to show their pl credentials, they will go all out and they are a team in very good form... this isn't easy for Spurs... but I feel Spurs will sneak it

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Peeps say Bournemouth have nothing to play for but I think they will want that scalp, no pressure, just wanting to play a huge part in the title race.

Exactly... they have no pressure... this is a good game for them, and will be looking forward to it more than Spurs

D'ya think this Spurs fan is slightly bitter?

https://twitter.com/dbs_78

Christ alive, this bloke is full on mental. I mean actually legitimately mad. 

Seriously, I'm not even angry - he needs help. He needs detaining in a safe and secure environment with mental health professionals.

That is not the behaviour of a sane, rational adult.

• Like 1

tbf bournemouth have lost only once in their last 9 aways, including not losing at trips to us (playing with 10 men for a bit) and chelsea. they ain't no mugs which my betting accounts knows well enough. up the chezzas. 

Tottenham fans do seem the worst kind of norrises but I do hope a day arrives when the handful of people on this forum who call Spurs, "Spuds" forget how to type.

ur a spud

Match commentary, Leicester fans from full time, about 1h 50m.

http://bbc.in/1M2YMiz

Still going in sports report at the start and talking about us on around 8 mins and then faintly in the background onwards.

http://bbc.in/25bsE2A

About 28 minutes that you hear so probably more than that. Great effort. lol

Edited by Vlad the Fox