Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Was a great result for Spurs tbf. We will see how they fair at anfield though, all good beating Bournemouth at home but we've done our job on the road and kept it to five points, and Liverpool away is difficult for anyone. Got a tough game ourselves, one thing I have to say is looking at their fixtures if they are to win the league we will either have to collapse or they really will have earnt it.

Was a great result for Spurs tbf. We will see how they fair at anfield though, all good beating Bournemouth at home but we've done our job on the road and kept it to five points, and Liverpool away is difficult for anyone. Got a tough game ourselves, one thing I have to say is looking at their fixtures if they are to win the league we will either have to collapse or they really will have earnt it.

Agreed.

Theirs does look tougher.

Having said that, we both play Southampton, Chelsea and Man United.

If you equate West Ham to Liverpool, Everton to Stoke, Swansea to West Brom and Sunderland to Newcastle though, the run-ins look quite similar.

I suppose it's partly because we have four homes and they have four aways.

Plus equalling their results would do us fine.

I can reel off their fixtures as easily as ours now.

I never really understood the term 'fashionable club'. What they really mean by fashionable is one the is supported by the glory hunters. Leicester has always been fashionable for those in Leicester.

Has it? Considering all the people in Leicester who "support" the big clubs...

I'm sorry, last year was far bigger pressure. If we finish 2nd we'll still be in the Premier League and have Champions League football. If you finish 18th you are set back at least a year.

This is positive pressure.

This

Enjoy the ride, what a season (almost no matter what happens now)

:fc: Leicester win the title

Up the Foxes

A free stadium?

WTF are Palace smoking?

Why do people  keep saying that?  

Anyone remember this bullet dodge?

Tigers and Foxes To Share Ground - 28/11/2004 arrow.gif

Leicester City and Leicester Tigers hope to become joint owners of the Walkers Stadium. The professional rugby union club have outgrown their Welford Road ground which was little more than a hundred metres from City's old Filbert Street ground. They need greater capacity, while the Foxes, who only came out of administration last year, need more cash to boost their bid to get back to the Premiership. The deal is not signed and sealed because both the governing bodies involved, the Football League and England Rugby Limited, require their clubs to have primacy of tenure. However, the two clubs hope that co-ownership of the £32m stadium will overcome this problem. City will have to buy out the Teachers' Pension Fund of America which owns the stadium. Once a fee has been agreed that would enable the Teachers' Fund to allow their members to continue to enjoy retirement at the ball game, the Tigers would buy a 50 per cent stake for a sum in excess of £20m, financed by a bank loan guaranteed against the stadium. 

Didn't know whether to put this in the Kasper Schmeichel thread or here:

Kasper's dad Peter (you know, the one goalkeeper who once won a few things with Manchester United) was quoted in last week's Thursday edition of German football newspaper kicker:

On Leicester City:

He calls it between us and Tottenham Hotspur for the title ("Arsenal aren't good enough, they don't stand a chance"), criticizes his son's former club Manchester City of its incoherence in defense ("it just doesn't fit"), their talented, but individualistic attacking force as well as Manchester United ("van Gaal plays boring football, based on possession. I don't like it, I prefer taking risks. If you're good enough, you can provoke a reaction and create an attacking flurry on both sides. Nobody wants to watch a match with only one team keeping the ball.").

When it comes to describing our current rise, he says he's very fond of us and the owners ("They keep following a clear plan, don't demand instant success, but instead focus on the future."), praises Ranieri ("He continued where his predecessor left off and the team at the moment doesn't resemble a Ranieri team at all."). He's not surprised by how powerful we can be, more so baffled by the fact we're still in first spot:

"This is a strong group of players - and when I say "group", I mean 20 guys keeping it together. This team has been built over the years. ... They've added piece by piece and what we've got now is simply fantastic."

On the feelings for us and Manchester United:

"I'll support Leicester, no doubt about it. Blood is thicker than anything else. Family always comes first, no matter what the circumstances. Last season, Leicester beat Manchester United 5-3 and the first time I was upset about a ManU goal (laughs). That was simply crazy, because I'm a huge fan of the Red Devils. For the first time in my life, I had this funny feeling. Funny, but entertaining: I remember talking to Jamie Redknapp and his support for his father's teams. He was also talking about blood. That shows me I'm not alone."

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 3

We simply have to win the league, I cannot stand Spurs winning it. The utter shit that comes out of their mouths actually defies belief, some of the stuff I've had in the last few days...

"You've spent more on Kante than we've spent on ANY player"... when pointed out they've spent more on Son than our first choice 11 they totally denied it as "Levy is a great negotiator".  :whistle:

They've "not deserved to lose any game this season except against West Ham" whilst we've "deserved to lose" most of ours. :unsure:

Apparently they "battered our first team 3-0 players their reserves" lol

They "deserve it more as they are the better team" :cap:

An utter joke of a fan base.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

I cannot stand them, they remind me of the guff we had to put up with from Watford the season we blew promotion. Deluded fans. It's ok to be a bit biased and we're as guilty as anyone for making the same excuses for us and why other teams are doing what they're doing but Spurs take the piss. They are off their heads. I know they are desperate to win the league and they know this is their golden chance but at least have a little bit of humility to what's happening. They can't stomach the thought of finishing higher than Arsenal, both Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea and still not winning the league, it scares them and embarrasses them. Good.

I cannot stand them, they remind me of the guff we had to put up with from Watford the season we blew promotion. Deluded fans. It's ok to be a bit biased and we're as guilty as anyone for making the same excuses for us and why other teams are doing what they're doing but Spurs take the piss. They are off their heads. I know they are desperate to win the league and they know this is their golden chance but at least have a little bit of humility to what's happening. They can't stomach the thought of finishing higher than Arsenal, both Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea and still not winning the league, it scares them and embarrasses them. Good.

sometimes you need to be class losers as well as class winners......... they fail both tests..

At least nobody on this site is disrespectful to opposing teams and fans.

You expect some bellends everywhere, but they are just so utterly oblivious to the actual facts on anything it's laughable. It's not just a small number, it seems like almost every single one I come across. When we did them over at their ground I think it made them all have a breakdown or something.