Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

I cannot stand them, they remind me of the guff we had to put up with from Watford the season we blew promotion. Deluded fans. It's ok to be a bit biased and we're as guilty as anyone for making the same excuses for us and why other teams are doing what they're doing but Spurs take the piss. They are off their heads. I know they are desperate to win the league and they know this is their golden chance but at least have a little bit of humility to what's happening. They can't stomach the thought of finishing higher than Arsenal, both Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea and still not winning the league, it scares them and embarrasses them. Good.

If that does happen it will be the first time in 35 years that a team has finished above all them and not won the league. 

I'd take second this year if we won the Premier League next year!

I'll take winning the prem for the next 21 yrs 20 CL and 20FA cups.

150k stadium oh and the small matter of spuds and arsenil saying sorry for being d1cks.

That Spurs fan that came on here was pretty sound.

I assume people are basing their opinions on real people they know and talk to rather than people on twitter and the fighting cock who share the same brain cell.

• Like 2

That Spurs fan that came on here was pretty sound.

I assume people are basing their opinions on real people they know and talk to rather than people on twitter and the fighting cock who share the same brain cell.

The opinion is based on every single one I've come in contact with the last three months, on or off line.

Actually had a decent exchange with a Spurs fan on Twitter the other day. There are some out there.

The way I've come to look at it is they are a bigger club than us they are going to have greater proportion of prats.

We have some, they just have a lot more.

I'd take relegation if we win the league this year

I wouldn't take relegation. Generally because we'd see pundits and other 'fans' saying "told you so" and stuff like "it was a freak season now they are back to being Leicester" etc.

Spurs fans are as bad as Arsenal.

"Leicester are boring 1-0 merchants" - We've scored 54 goals this season and they've scored 56. Also. they are conveniently forgetting earlier in the season we were putting 2 and 3 past teams for fun.

"We are better than Leicester so we deserve to win the league" - Oh yeah? If you're so much better then why did we take 4 points off you and why are we above you?

Chelsea and United fans keep praising us for our recent performances because they've done it themselves. In the 12/13 season Man Utd won SIXTEEN games 1-0. Sixteen games!! Mourinho was grinding out results last season. That's why he a true winner.

I'd rather listen to Chelsea and Manchester United fans who know what it's like to win titles than Spurs fans who are obsessed with style over substance. The Spurs Way lol

Spurs fans are as bad as Arsenal.

"Leicester are boring 1-0 merchants" - We've scored 54 goals this season and they've scored 56. Also. they are conveniently forgetting earlier in the season we were putting 2 and 3 past teams for fun.

"We are better than Leicester so we deserve to win the league" - Oh yeah? If you're so much better then why did we take 4 points off you and why are we above you?

Chelsea and United fans keep praising us for our recent performances because they've done it themselves. In the 12/13 season Man Utd won SIXTEEN games 1-0. Sixteen games!! Mourinho was grinding out results last season. That's why he a true winner.

I'd rather listen to Chelsea and Manchester United fans who know what it's like to win titles than Spurs fans who are obsessed with style over substance. The Spurs Way lol

They won 16 games by 1 goal - only 3 1-0.

I love a 1-0 win. If we can get another four terrible 1-0s I will be very happy.

They won 16 games by 1 goal - only 3 1-0.

I love a 1-0 win. If we can get another four terrible 1-0s I will be very happy.

My bad. I misread the stat then.

I also hope we win our remaining games 1-0 because it will further piss off Tottenham fans.

I love it. We were being patted on the head for being unlucky when we lost 4-3 there last season, "how are you bottom of the league?" so I'm delighted we're getting stick as it means we're winning games.

Better to be lucky and win 1-0 than unlucky and lose 4-3.

I wouldn't take relegation. Generally because we'd see pundits and other 'fans' saying "told you so" and stuff like "it was a freak season now they are back to being Leicester" etc.

Yeah, that would be terrible. And of course we'd have no comeback, apart from maybe: CHAMPIONS! CHAMPIONS!

If everyone in the KP was offered 15/16 champions, 16/17 last place or 15/16 2nd, 16/17 2nd, I think you might be the only one going for the latter...

• Like 1

If we ended up in league 1 in 5 years time after lifting the title it would still be totally worth it.

If we won it I think I'd watch the champs league next year and just retire from being a fan. :D Every Saturday I'd just watch the 2015-2016 season review dvd instead of the match.

• Like 3

Nothing could top us winning the Premiership. Unless ofcourse we went onto win the Champions League... Which is never going to happen... ( But didn't I think this about the Premiership title? ... hmmmm )

Well we are 80/1 to win it next season 

The opinion is based on every single one I've come in contact with the last three months, on or off line.

That's fair enough in your case then. So often I see a whole fan base generalised, based on a thread on their forum though, it's ridiculous at times.

Mitrovic thinks Newcastle are almost better than Leicester

Talking with Novosti in Serbia, Mitrovic said: "Honestly, I'm for Tottenham to win the title. I like the principle of pushing their young players, and the coach Pochettino is excellent. We just played against Leicester and were almost better than them."

I guess he thinks Tottenham are better than us? despite winning 3.0 and 1.0 against Newcastle and Tottenham lost 2.1 to Newcastle?

Nice logic Aleksandar!