Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

lol apparently the Bournemouth fans are chanting "Leicester City, they're top of the league!".

Now thanks Bournemouth fans, but if you're gonna revel in our glory, 'use' us as a winding up/bantering tactic, atleast try and help us out abit.

Hopefully Klopp will absolutely hammer his team after their surrender today and they'll produce one of their standout performances of the season vs Spurs. I know who I'd rather face in the next game with a 5 point advantage.

It's going to be close, Spurs are a very good team and are capable of pouncing on any slip we make but thankfully we're just as well organised and effective. They seem to be scoring for fun and seem a little " stronger " than us but we are so hard to get anything against and are comfortable being top of the league. The chance Spurs had of going top for the first time this season they blew it and that'll play on their minds if they get close to us again. It must be quite frustrating for them, they appear to be better than us given the way the dismantle sides yet we are 5 clear of them with what looks to be a more favourable run in.

• Like 1

Hardly in a huff. lol

An extremely naive analysis by you though. It goes without saying that if we win all our games we don't need to worry about what anyone else does, a five year old could tell us that insightful information.

The chances are though we won't win all our games and will be reliant on Tottenham slipping up. If they win all their games they'll probably win the title. Surely you can see we're heavily invested in Tottenham's results and you should care about their results?

I'll be cheering on Man Utd in the Manchester derby today for the same reason I'll be cheering on Bournemouth.

Also by the time we play Southampton we might only be two points clear so Tottenham slipping up is highly relevant to us.

No it seems only relevant to you..!

Now City slipping up, than that become more than relevant..!

Edited by fuchsntf

I kind of hope we win the rest of our games 1-0. Just to piss off Spurs fans even more. I'm loving the anger it's causing that we've won 1-0 in four of the last five games.

Chelsea fans are full of praise for us and are saying grinding our results is the sign of champions because they've done it themselves in the past. Then you got Spurs fans calling us anti football and it'd be a "travesty" if Leicester won the league cos all we do is hoof it.

You can tell which fans have won titles and European cup in recent memory and which fans have won jack shit in that same time.

it feels better winning 1-0 just to watch them squirm.... they can suck on lemons and eat salt for all i care.... we keep winning 1-0.... "hoofing it" playing "kick and rush" as long as we see wes morgan lifting the Title at the end that's perfect.... they can keep there "amazing pressing" and salt ...at the end...we will be champions

I'd much rather read these sort of articles than people asking whether we'll be awarded the trophy at Chelsea away or Everton at home.

Let them think we could blow it because we still could, it might go wrong in just two games.

But I'd rather people still doubting us and the players and staff still have some doubters to prove wrong than people assuming we will win it and the weight of expectation that goes with it.

Edited by Gerard

Weird because whenever Spurs have had a chance to claw back ground on us in recent weeks they've slipped up themselves despite every man and his dog saying they look the better team and more mentally used to 'success'.  We showed our grit 2 years ago and we showed it again last year, if they choose to ignore it, good; the more people talking like that the more pressure Spurs' players will feel.

He's right we could slip up. Hardly a revelation. Spurs could also slip up. Quinn just stating the obvious. People said Watford was a banana skin. People said Palace was a banana skin. They said Rafa was a banana skin. 9 points from them.

Also, people think we've been 1-0 merchants all season. We used to steamroll teams earlier in the season for fun. We realised we could not sustain scoring 3 goals a game and concede 2, so we did something called game management and tactical change. I'm sure you've heard about that, Niall.

We're the only club who has 2 players in double figures in goals this season.

These pundits are running out of banana skins we can slip up on, they've been spouting the same shit since last year. we lose to Arsenal or have a bad game here or there but still come through it. 

If you see danny simpsons interview on sky, he says Ranieri is really good at staying calm and keeping the lads relaxed so there is no pressure. It's also no coincidence that most of the players have improved and what appears to be "the form of their lives".... Ranieri is constantly working for improvements in them. showing clips of what they are doing wrong and right, so they can improve next game.

https://twitter.com/dannysimpson?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

it was interesting hearing koeman talk about us on MNF. He did say if he was in charge of newcatle he would play longer balls... although doesn't mean he will do that with his southampton team. they have scored most headers and from c rosses.... but look how we dealth with the 31 crosses palace put in....

Niall Quinn is attempting mind games before we face his Sunderland side. I wouldn't take any notice of what he says.

Nah. He's all Man City, now. Calling them 'we' or 'us' on Sky Sports. He doesn't care about Sunderland anymore.

No, you just said you don't care about Spurs result.

You are right though that if we win all our games we don't need to care, but as that's not likely I do care about their results. Every point Spurs drop makes our job easier, so I care massively about this afternoons result. It's very naive and simplistic to just expect us to win 8 and not have to worry about the chasing pack.

Wrong.

I said that I don't care about Spurs results so long as we continue to win our games.

Wrong.

I said that I don't care about Spurs results so long as we continue to win our games.

No you said this

I don't care about Spurs results.

So long as we continue to win our games, we'll be fine.

Two separate statements. One saying you don't care about their results, and another saying we'll be fine if we keep winning. It's very naive to think we won't drop points, so if you don't want Spurs to lose their next few games you're stupid.

• Like 1

Tottenham 1-0 up.

The only person who couldn't care less on here is AKCJ as it's all about us in his world.  :dry:

get over yourself mate

so long as we continue to win our game, i couldn't care less about spurs. We're winning our games and that is all that matters.

As it stands we are winning the league against everton.

Edited by AKCJ

No you said this

Two separate statements. One saying you don't care about their results, and another saying we'll be fine if we keep winning. It's very naive to think we won't drop points, so if you don't want Spurs to lose their next few games you're stupid.

no, they're not two different statements. hence why they're in the same post.

it's naive to think that we wont drop points? surely then it's naive to think that spurs are going to win all of their games?

I didn't say I want Spurs to win or anything like that... merely that, so long as we take care of our own results, our destiny is in our own hands. how ****ing difficult is that to understand? lol

no, they're not two different statements. hence why they're in the same post.

it's naive to think that we wont drop points? surely then it's naive to think that spurs are going to win all of their games?

I didn't say I want Spurs to win or anything like that... merely that, so long as we take care of our own results, our destiny is in our own hands. how ****ing difficult is that to understand? lol

Obviously our destiny is in our own hands, but let's put it this way, every time we win and they lose its a swing of 6 points, the bigger the cushion the better. We currently need 17 points to win the league, if we win the next two (quite likely) and they lose the next two (not that improbable) then we'd need 5 points from 5 games rather than 11. How ****ing good would that be?!?

Yes if we win all our games we win the league, but the quicker Spurs **** off and let us win it the better in my book. So yes I care greatly about the Spurs results, and anyone that thinks otherwise is living in a fantasyland.