Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Will Soulsby commemorate this triumph with another cycle lane?

They'll all be painted blue with printed pictures  of his mate Vaz 

• Like 1

Lawro's final table:

1 Man City 38 29 8 1 95 +3

2 Arsenal 38 26 11 1 89 +1

3 Chelsea 38 22 13 3 79 +6

4 Liverpool 38 19 17 2 74 +4

5 Tottenham 38 19 13 6 69 -3

6 Southampton 38 20 4 14 64 +1

7 West Brom 38 18 10 10 64 +8

8 Man Utd 38 16 15 7 63 -3

9 Everton 38 13 12 13 51 +3

10 Crystal Palace 38 14 8 16 50 +1

11 Newcastle 38 12 9 17 45 +4

12 Leicester 38 9 15 14 42 -11

13 Stoke 38 11 8 19 41 -3

14 Bournemouth 38 10 9 19 39 +2

15 Norwich 38 12 3 23 39 +4

16 Sunderland 38 7 14 17 35 +1

17 West Ham 38 8 10 20 34 -11

18 Swansea 38 6 15 17 33 -7

19 Watford 38 6 8 24 26 -6

20 Aston Villa 38 1 3 34 6 0

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

I bet 3 of the points he gave villa was from us. Still the villa league position is the only one he got right.

He seemed to have massive bias against us and West ham. 11 places off

He only started to change his tune and say we'd win once he got wind of twitter taking the mick out of his predictions.

My reading of that article: 'Well done but most importantly, our league win was better than Leicester's and we don't care about you.'

Yawn...

We don't care about you, and we will sing about how much we don't care, write about how much we don't care, try to undermine your achievement at every given opportunity, bang on about our own long-forgotten achievements and pretend that we're the biggest club in the region despite not having played in the Premier League for 17 years and having won precisely dick for a quarter of a century.

Forest are essentially the annoying little kid at school who talks about a girl all the time, pulls her hair and insults her but gets angry when you say he fancies her. Problem is, that annoying little kid is Dean Gaffney and the girl he fancies is now Megan Fox.

Edited by Bilo

To be honest, I'd have taken that at the start of the season.

Same - but us this a single predicted table made in the summer?

I think his table is the cumulative table of his results predictions over the course of the season.

If so that is truly astonishing given the fact we were consistently in the upper echelons of the league.

Edited by leicesterseddon

... I work with an extraordinary number of Liverpool fans in the south of England ... and every single one of 'em has said to me well done to Leicester you really deserved it .... I must admit it has changed my view on the scouse army, gracious to a man with our victory!

The problem with the pundits is they talked us up but failed to predict we would win games. They can't have it both ways. Lawro was saying from late March that we would win it yet hardly predicted us to win games ??

It's like the Spurs guy in our office who actually believed they would catch us with seven to play. I kept asking why he thought we would suddenly lose a clutch of games when we hadn't all season. It's just illogical. any pundit failing to realise that we have a chance of defending our title is making the same mistakes all over again. Unlikely ? Yes, but it's just dismissed out of hand.

who knows how we will approach the CL campaign. if we start well in the PL (which I would expect unless we have all the big boys one after another), then Claudio may decide to take the risk of not getting out of the group in an attempt to really defend our title. As top seeds, in a well drawn group, we could have a reasonably achievable route to a second place finish without playing a first choice 11).

The 'big' teams next year will generally be in transition. Arsenal and Spurs have a great chance if they buy well. citeh, yanited, chelski. could all be inconsistent again. klopp may be bedding players in at the pool. 28/1 EW on us could look a steal come October.