Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36299004

Garth's TOTY. Morgan, Simpson, Mahrez and Kante included. He's gone for Aguero over Vardy just to be different I think.

How Coutinho is in there i'll never fvcking know.

Also has Kanté in as a defensive midfielder lol - Coutinho only features in order to complete his flat diamond formation with two strikers up front.

I'm surprised he didn't go for Alli, seeing that he threw a massive hissy fit online during the Newcastle - Spurs game with him being a former Spurs player and all.

1. Leicester

image: http://images.cdn.fourfourtwo.com/sites/fourfourtwo.com/files/styles/inline-image/public/leicester_city.jpg?itok=6dJ5Dfhl

leicester_city.jpg?itok=6dJ5Dfhl

They didn't just win the league, they won it by 10 points. Don't call it a fairy tale, because that does a disservice to Leicester's success.

Claudio Ranieri was humble enough to tailor his approach to his side's strengths and weaknesses and Leicester are, in essence, a victory for managerial realism. They have had their highlight performers: Jamie Vardy's goal return has been exceptional, Riyad Mahrez has become a star, and N'Golo Kante is now a phenomenon, but none of those players have been more valuable than their encasing structure.

They have been a glorious surprise – absolutely – and their feat may never be matched, but their success has also been strangely logical. Between their lightning-quick counter-attacking, their ability to block up the middle of the pitch and their full-backs' tendency to deny dangerous crossing angles, they've shown their working at every turn and are not to be reduced to an anomaly.

It was a miracle but, to pay them their dues, it actually wasn't.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-premier-league-power-rankings-201516-your-team-rated?page=0%2C3#5c6McIYbr2boBg7q.99

Jamie Jackson in the Guardian writers' best and worst list. His biggest gripe... 

"The view that Leicester City cannot win the Champions League. Really? If a misfiring Manchester City can be a goal away from the final, why the heck not?"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/15/premier-league-2015-16-review-our-writers-best-and-worst

The bloke that said Van Dijk was the player of the year should be fired on the spot  lol  lol  lol

Edit: He also said Allardyce was manager of the year, only one who didn't say Ranieri  lol

Edited by rmahrez

The bloke that said Van Dijk was the player of the year should be fired on the spot  lol  lol  lol

Edit: He also said Allardyce was manager of the year, only one who didn't say Ranieri  lol

And named Owen one of the pundits of the year. Guy has got to be on the wind-up.

Fighting Cock.......feel the pain!!!

Got in about an hour ago and have not read any comments yet but have to say this.

I have never in my life booed a Spurs team but today I booed at half-time and full-time. At 5-1 my dad wanted to leave and I said no I want to tell these players what I think of them. We were in the very back row, so I went down to the front row and when the final whistle went I completely lost it, called those players all the ***** under the sun whilst others around me were clapping them.

I've been to every home game this season in all competitions except two when I was away on holiday. Been to 16 away games in all competitions. Went to the dead rubber in the Europa League against Monaco despite having really bad food poisoning. Went to the home game against Dortmund when we had already lost the tie despite feeling really depressed for personal reasons and not having slept for a couple of days. Went all the way to Baku for the Europa League game there. My commitment is the same every year, and I always sing my lungs out at every away game, and as much as is possible in the Paxton for home games.

Today I lost it because I saw that the players do not give a **** about us. As soon as the league title has gone, CL football is secured, they give up. First half, we bottled 50-50 challenges, we were second to every ball, we didn't bother to press...I've watched enough football to tell the difference between a team who is shit (but trying) and a team who is "on the beach" and I'm sorry but this was the latter. We ask them to do one little thing, not for their bank balance, not for their egos, not for their winners medals, but for US, the long-suffering fans, and they don't do it. We didn't ask for much. We asked for a solitary point against a relegated side with ten men, and they couldn't be bothered to deliver it. A ****ing 0-0 draw would have done. 2-2. 3-3. Anything.

Second half we turned up and yes it wasn't a pen and if not for that we would have got 2nd but we should never have been in that position.

The players don't care about Woolwich. They don't have to suffer the abuse we do from those *****. Those players will not lose a night's sleep over finishing behind them again. I bet that if you asked them when was the last time we finished above them, most of them wouldn't have a ****ing clue.

I'm sorry but if you think those players care about us, the fans, then you are deluded. With maybe one or two exception like Kane. They showed their true colours today, and they ain't blue and white...they are only in it for themselves. I thought this team was different but I was just being a complete mug.

They do not deserve the support we give them. I'll continue to go to the same amount of games because I'm a yid and I love the club and I love our fans. But I will not feel bad about giving any players abuse at games (which I have very rarely done in the past), slagging them off on here or in the pub, I won't feel bad about booing, and I'll only support a player if I think they are good enough to wear our shirt, not out of loyalty to them, because at the end of the day, unless they prove otherwise, I will believe they are only in it for themselves.

• Like x 15
  • Agree x 4
  • Like 1

For anyone with the time to spare, this is a fascinating read:

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/leicester-city-epl-champions-2015-16.28680/

It starts just before Xmas, and it charts the change in attitude towards our title challenge, going from amusement through bemusement to a grudging acceptance.

Thanks! Only just started reading it, and it's already brilliant.

From top of page 2:

"Leicester won't win the league - NO WAY. Anyone worried about them winning the league is living in la la land - they don't have the squad, nor the experience to finish 1st. They'll eventually tail off to maybe 3rd/4th but they could easily keep the Sp*ddies/Liverpool/UTD out of the CL places."

<p>

Got in about an hour ago and have not read any comments yet but have to say this.

I have never in my life booed a Spurs team but today I booed at half-time and full-time. At 5-1 my dad wanted to leave and I said no I want to tell these players what I think of them. We were in the very back row, so I went down to the front row and when the final whistle went I completely lost it, called those players all the ***** under the sun whilst others around me were clapping them.

I've been to every home game this season in all competitions except two when I was away on holiday. Been to 16 away games in all competitions. Went to the dead rubber in the Europa League against Monaco despite having really bad food poisoning. Went to the home game against Dortmund when we had already lost the tie despite feeling really depressed for personal reasons and not having slept for a couple of days. Went all the way to Baku for the Europa League game there. My commitment is the same every year, and I always sing my lungs out at every away game, and as much as is possible in the Paxton for home games.

Today I lost it because I saw that the players do not give a **** about us. As soon as the league title has gone, CL football is secured, they give up. First half, we bottled 50-50 challenges, we were second to every ball, we didn't bother to press...I've watched enough football to tell the difference between a team who is shit (but trying) and a team who is "on the beach" and I'm sorry but this was the latter. We ask them to do one little thing, not for their bank balance, not for their egos, not for their winners medals, but for US, the long-suffering fans, and they don't do it. We didn't ask for much. We asked for a solitary point against a relegated side with ten men, and they couldn't be bothered to deliver it. A ****ing 0-0 draw would have done. 2-2. 3-3. Anything.

Second half we turned up and yes it wasn't a pen and if not for that we would have got 2nd but we should never have been in that position.

The players don't care about Woolwich. They don't have to suffer the abuse we do from those *****. Those players will not lose a night's sleep over finishing behind them again. I bet that if you asked them when was the last time we finished above them, most of them wouldn't have a ****ing clue.

I'm sorry but if you think those players care about us, the fans, then you are deluded. With maybe one or two exception like Kane. They showed their true colours today, and they ain't blue and white...they are only in it for themselves. I thought this team was different but I was just being a complete mug.

They do not deserve the support we give them. I'll continue to go to the same amount of games because I'm a yid and I love the club and I love our fans. But I will not feel bad about giving any players abuse at games (which I have very rarely done in the past), slagging them off on here or in the pub, I won't feel bad about booing, and I'll only support a player if I think they are good enough to wear our shirt, not out of loyalty to them, because at the end of the day, unless they prove otherwise, I will believe they are only in it for themselves.

• Like x 15
  • Agree x 4

Actually feel for this guy

• Like 1

XD This is a comedy goldmine.

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/leicester-city-epl-champions-2015-16.28680/page-8

Page 8:

"Coquelin is like a Kante who can tackle better, and stays back in attacks. Both are very good at reading games and intercepting, both are good at keeping passes simple but effective, and both are the "dirty work" type of players. I would argue that Coquelin being more defensively specialized makes him more technical however, as he has more defining skills."

Edited by Raw Dykes
  • Like 1

• Like x 15
  • Agree x 4

That's actually a great post IMO. Even if it is from a Spurs fan. Can't argue with a word of it...

• Like x 15
  • Agree x 4

I wouldn't be to harsh, if thats how you were positioning it (?)...Barnsley away a couple of years ago and a lot of our current players got the fans hair dryer treatment....possibly  from a few on this board. Footballs a passionate game

"Coquelin is like a Kante who can tackle better, and stays back in attacks. Both are very good at reading games and intercepting, both are good at keeping passes simple but effective, and both are the "dirty work" type of players. I would argue that Coquelin being more defensively specialized makes him more technical however, as he has more defining skills."

I read tweet yesterday hoping Roy would pick Coquelin for the Euros. So I'm really not surprised by that.

I wouldn't be to harsh, if thats how you were positioning it (?)...Barnsley away a couple of years ago and a lot of our current players got the fans hair dryer treatment....possibly  from a few on this board. Footballs a passionate game

No, I feel for the man. Spurs have had a great season and to finish like this is a nightmare for the fans. like I said.....feel the pain

No, I feel for the man. Spurs have had a great season and to finish like this is a nightmare for the fans. like I said.....feel the pain

I understand his frustration.

He's obviously been all over Europe, spent a shed load of cash only for Pochettino to throw in the towel against Dortmund.

They then bottle the league and then they screw up second to Arsenal.

Says more about Spurs as a club than him.

Me to. For the vast majority of spurs fans  :thumbup: 

Mind you there were some cocks on the cock forum....and I particularly liked the video short of the spurs fan saying...."Leicester they're nobodies.....just do the math!" so there is just a tiny bit of me that is just..... lol  lol  lol

I understand his frustration.

He's obviously been all over Europe, spent a shed load of cash only for Pochettino to throw in the towel against Dortmund.

They then bottle the league and then they screw up second to Arsenal.

Says more about Spurs as a club than him.

The players "threw in the towel"

Their best season since the Beatles were top of the charts, and they've had it utterly ruined on the last day.

This is golden, and serves as payback for all the insults, chiding and arrogance the vast majority of their fans have shown over the course of this season.